Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

To all uk owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all uk owners

this forum has gone very very quiet for all of us on this side of the pond,may be we are enjoying our motors so much we dont have time to post on the forum anymore,any way good luck guys and girls for 2008,and happy new year to you all,may be we can get something up and running next year ???
Rob
PS Came back from Cornwall to Essex on sunday night(280 miles)23rd December,what a ride,got home and felt like turning round to do it again!!!
PPS. Andy I heard the bad news,are you on the road again ???

Old 12-28-2007, 04:54 PM
You're right, we have all gone quiet. Two of the members I knew, Andy and Tom both wrote off their cars. Where's everyone else?

Good to hear from another UK member. I definately would like to meet up in 2008. We could muster up half a dozen possibly? We chose these cars because there are so few. Which I guess is why it is so hard to arrange a meet.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Looks like we are down to just 2 of us,we must be on the wrong forum ???
A quick question for anyone out there,may be its just the wet roads but my rear keeps tailing out on round abouts ect and the VDC keeps cutting in,is this my lousy driving or just normal ??? Tyres are ok, normal Potenzas.
Many thanks for any info
Rob

Old 01-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey Rob,names Phil.I'm in Vancouver,Canada.What you described is normal.It's your tyres.And your lousy driving.
They're the OEM tires,right?I've got the same on my G right now.Not the best for aggressive wet-road driving.Chiefly a dry-road tyre.Switching to a performance all-season would be your best bet if you drive aggressively in the rain and if you get heavy snow in winter there you might consider an extra set of snow tires.
You have to be light on the throttle with these tires on wet roads.They lose grip easily,especially in corners,so the VDC senses this and kicks in.I turn off the VDC,brake earlier at the approach to a corner or round-about,coast through it and don't shift nor do I accelerate until I'm at the exit of the corner.More than 50-60kmh,sometimes less,you better be ready for some aggressive counter-steering.It depends on the radius of the round-about or corner.
Weather's really sucked out here.Rain and/or snow for about two weeks now,so I've been doing LOTS of counter-steeringIt's hard to not punch our rockets,isn't it?Hope this is helpful,cheers!

Old 01-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi Phil,thanks for that,Potenzas are supposed to be really good,this is my first experience with them and to be quite honest dont feel that safe in the wet.
Have been used to Toyo Proxys T1s and these are really good in the wet,I have been used to slinging my BMW all over the place with these and never gave an inch,just maybe the G35s extra power needs a little more respect !!!
Thanks Rob
PS the weather over here is pretty grim as well but no snow,really dont think I would take my 35 out in the snow !!!

Last edited by reelybroke; 01-08-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi Rob

Yes mate, I wrote mine off, or so the insurance company claims. I was absolutely gobsmacked when they told me cos the damage wasn't that bad (see below)

I killed a street light with it. The road was wet and very greasy. The Old Bill and recovery driver both said it was a notorious road for accidents.

I've bought it back from the insurance company and am in the process of repairing it. It's been a blessing in disguise cos I'm able to make some mods at the same time and still have some money left.

I'll post more pics when its finished.

Thanks for your concern mate.

Happy New Year to you all.

Andy

Old 01-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Andy best of luck with the repairs,its got to be worth it because they are great cars,we must meet up when you get back on the road.For what its worth I am having real problems keeping mine in a straight line,losing the tail end at round abouts !!! its kids play but mine still wants to butt end out,think I will have to ditch the Potenzas ???
My BMW rode really well with Toyos T1s,thinking of changing to them for peace of mind ???
Cant believe the insurance company didnt repair,looks minor to me ,any way their loss your gain we hope,best of luck ,lets hope you you get a quick return to the road,keep us up to date with the progress !!

Old 01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Tom here,

Yep as stu said i got 'T' boned on a round o bout, luckily she admitted everything and is with a good insurance company. Happened 31st October and am still waitng for a settlement figure. Its because of the value of my built motor and TT kit and i had to send them all my bills up to date which luckily i kept. Also had all my mods logged down so no probs there.
I am all set to bring over another one as soon as im paid out, this time manual black 2004/2005 with brembo package. I have agreed with insurance to swap my old engine into the new car so i will have a spare vq35 de s if anyone hears of a blown motor anywhere.

I stood away from these sites over xmas to stop the wife nagging but am looking forward to the spring. I think the best chance of a meet is to meet up somewhere before a show ie rotostock at santa pod and take a drive in.
Determined to get to in the 12 second mark this year

Old 01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi Tom. What a coincidence, mine happened in October too. Hope you weren't injured mate.

I know what you're saying Rob, regarding the car being tail happy. I was really getting into a bit of drifting, especially on a wet road just outside Brighton on the way home from a car meet. I had been trying it for some time and then this one night I thought I'd try it with the VDC off. BIG MISTAKE.

Anyway, I'd love to meet up when we've all got our cars up and running.

Just a quickie, does anyone know which AP Racing kit would fit our cars? I've tried to order a 6pot BBK and the company I'm dealing with is unsure.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Andy,Tom,
Feel I am the lucky one here,been so close more than once,glad you are both OK !!!
Have doubts about our ECU memory,some days the car wants to fly ,others it goes into lazy mode until given a little nudge,then it catches me by surprise,may be its me getting old,but it can be a bit of a wild child.
Tom keep all the bits if you can,you will have no problem selling them on !!!
Have you brought the car back from insurance or just the engine ???
If its in a breakers is it local,I need a few bits and bobs.
Tom,,a few black ones now coming in,6 sp manual thats rare,best of luck with your search.
The 350 always grabbed attention but now the "know it alls "think it is the new GTR ,even more attention !!!

Last edited by reelybroke; 01-14-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Andy, i rekon i would have all the bits to repair your car including the bonnet. The only damage to mine was the rear quarter. Now your gonna tell me you have just paid an arm and a leg for them

Rob, I am pretty sure they are going to offer me the whole car as i dont think they like just letting bits and bobs go. I should know this week so i will get back on here.

BTW no one was hurt thanks but my wife was drinking a hot cup of coffee as we had just left home to pick my son up, then because of the side impact the coffee made its way over to me she never got a drop on her I still say she threw it

Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by ukgt
Andy, i rekon i would have all the bits to repair your car including the bonnet. The only damage to mine was the rear quarter. Now your gonna tell me you have just paid an arm and a leg for them
You're right there mate. Took me ages to track them down. Even had to bite the bullet and get some parts through Nissan.

Originally Posted by ukgt
my wife was drinking a hot cup of coffee as we had just left home to pick my son up, then because of the side impact the coffee made its way over to me she never got a drop on her I still say she threw it
Lol Quick thinking on her behalf I reckon.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Hey Rob,

Is that a new owner on 'skyline owners' who you was talking to about sat nav, didnt like to butt in. Try to get him to sign up here so we can keep an account of how many and where. His from Scotland right !!! If we do get a meet going once me and Andy are up and running again i rekon its gonna have to be middle England to suit everyone.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
A quick update guys. Fronts stripped, chassis has been straightened, most of the parts have arrived. Should be finished mid Feb.

Last edited by Airsoft Andy; 01-22-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Good luck with that Andy !!

Now your almost there did it pay to buy the car back, like with the settlement less salvage did you make out of it, loose out of it or did it come out at pretty much what they paid you. My insurance want £5100 for my salvage which i have to get back because of what i have spent on the engine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all uk owners