Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

spare key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spare key

Hi all,
Any body know where I can get a spare key for my jdm g35. Only got one with the car, dealer can't find the other one
would the blank be the same as a 350Z.
also, i need the original sat nav discs if anyone has any idea where I can get it from.
cheers for now
firebee

Old 12-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I have recently had a proble with my key and had to go through Nissan to get a new one sent from Japan. Took ages but then you have the problem of reprogramming the immobiliser chip in the key. Good luck. The key and price depend on the year of your car

Old 12-03-2008, 04:24 PM
mov
Originally Posted by firebee
Hi all,
Any body know where I can get a spare key for my jdm g35. Only got one with the car, dealer can't find the other one
also, i need the original sat nav discs if anyone has any idea where I can get it from.
cheers for now
firebee
also tried the disks a few years ago no joy at all but you can convert to a uk version details are on an attached thumbnail on post 350 in the uk drivers thread

Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi all,
cheers for now
firebee
Hi mate,just read a thread from Cartronics,they can sort out your keys for you,
they now re programe import key fobs.
I have the original sat nav disks but they will not work over here,again best bet is to go to cartronics to discuss the options that are available !!
Me I just use the Tom tom and impress my mates with the pop up screen until some one comes up with a good alternative !!!

Old 12-18-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi mate,
thanks for reply, good news about keys, can Cartronics supply keys for our cars as well/
The sat nav thing is a bit odd, I have a panasonic system fitted which uses the original pop up screen. It worked when I first picked the car up but not worked again since. They say I need the jdm disc in the old system for it to work but the disc is not in there. To be honest , the place I bought the car from aint being much help at all
cheers
firebee

Old 12-18-2008, 10:35 AM
has anybody worked out a way to mount a new sat nav, i.e navman or tom tom, within the fraqme of the built in sat nav? it would then pop up as before but work in this country? I know that it would probably mean detroying the standard part but they never seem to work in this country anyway! or if someone were to find a spare sat nav set up on ebay usa or something, someone could have a play and see what could be done without wrecking the system that is already mounted in their ride? any thoughts??

Old 12-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi mate,
thanks for reply, good news about keys, can Cartronics supply keys for our cars as well/
The sat nav thing is a bit odd, I have a panasonic system fitted which uses the original pop up screen. It worked when I first picked the car up but not worked again since. They say I need the jdm disc in the old system for it to work but the disc is not in there. To be honest , the place I bought the car from aint being much help at all
cheers
firebee
I think they can supply keys ,but not sure
Tel no to ring 01932 354350
Hope this helps Rob

Old 12-19-2008, 03:00 AM
I contacted them and they said they could do it but it would cost £345
Local Nissan man said it would be about £145.
thanks for your help anyway and have a great xmas
firebee

Old 12-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Thumbs down

I contacted them and they said they could do it but it would cost £345
Local Nissan man said it would be about £145.
thanks for your help anyway and have a great xmas
firebee
Thats stealing !!!
Had a new fob and reprogrammed for my BMW 4 years ago and that was 75quid,I thought that was expensive,345 quid thats robbery,sorry I thought they might be able to help,but not at that price!!!
Hope you get sorted with your nissan man.
My local Nissan dealer in Chelmsford(Glyn Hopkin) is good ,and does try very hard to help,they have all the Discs to put into their system and then gets all the part numbers for our cars,takes time to get them but they are the genuine thing,my brake pads came from Holland !!!
Happy Xmas Rob

Old 12-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by paulhappvincent
has anybody worked out a way to mount a new sat nav, i.e navman or tom tom, within the fraqme of the built in sat nav? it would then pop up as before but work in this country? I know that it would probably mean detroying the standard part but they never seem to work in this country anyway! or if someone were to find a spare sat nav set up on ebay usa or something, someone could have a play and see what could be done without wrecking the system that is already mounted in their ride? any thoughts??
Mine had already been swapped out for a panasonic system, but was still all ***. Give up trying to get it recoded etc, ripped it all out and got a Kenwood double din installed in its place. Top box works great for holding your Ipod