Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

Bose Audio Q & a couple other things..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose Audio Q & a couple other things..

hey all,

been a while since i been on.. went travelling and have never actually missed a car so much!

jus wanna wish everyone a merry xmas in advance before i go into my list of questions..

anyway, while i was gone (couple mths), had disconnected the battery so it wouldnt go flat, came back, started it up and was looking good. but i did realise that everytime i start it, theres a beep (from the speakers) and the stereo turns on, but everything is lit up on the display, like all jumbled up. as if that wasnt enough, all of the buttons on the centre console are unresponsive, like the climate control etc, but the sat nav ones work fine..

after bout 10-15 mins, the ac light automatically flicks on, stereo goes back to the norm and everythings back in order.

any ideas what could be wrong? im no audio expert so not sure.. thought it might be temperature related, like might have something to do with the car warming up, or something with a capacitor not holding charge.. i dunno, am lost! any help appriciated!

other than that just god a couple simple q's:

has anyone managed to incorporate their rear foglight into their tail light? cus mine is currently under my rear licence plate and not too happy with it

other thing is that ive been slowly gettin some cash together and think its time to get some mods going, so wondering where would be the best place to get body kits etc?

help is much appriciated, hope everyones been well, and happy holidays!

sarj

Old 12-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi Sarj, good to se you around again and merry xmas to you and your family.

Sounds like your ecu is reseting itself but im not sure. There is a method to reset it properly after battery disconnection, just do a search in the electrics section for ecu reset.

my previous car had the fog in the cluster and im going to do the same to my new car. Just remove one of the reverse light bulbs and change it for a fog lamp. You will need the electrics changed a bit though which is a 10 minute job for someone that knows what the're doing. BTW i had a warning light come up on my dash to indicate a blown bulb but this was because of the difference in the voltage which the ecu was picking up.

i have just put up a link to a great *** site for bodykits and more for our cars in the uk drivers section, i have used them many times and found them very helpful.

Tom

Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey Tom,

thanks for your reply, have had a look in the forum for the ecu reset, gonna give it a go tomorrow, hopefully itll work! will also try and find an 'auto electrician' (if thats what theyre called) to have a look at the fog lights, will be nice to finally get it out from under the plate.

saw your pics in the other thread, which side skirts have you put on? havnt come across them yet. but gotta say mate, liking what youve done to it, looks so clean..made me like my skyline abit more after seeing what potential its got

hope everything else is well, and again thanks for your help!

Sarj.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:04 PM
update on this:

ok, well have resetted the ecu a couple of ways, one was by letting any charge dissipate by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for like 24hrs, and the second was the pedal method (found on forum).. and annoyingly it hasnt helped

thinking of changing the fuses, have had a quick look for em, but cant seem to find them.. i know there's sposed to be a box in the engine bay and one internally on the drivers side..but still cant find em! frustrating lol. will update later if it works so if anyone ever has a similar prob then hopefully this'll help.

oh almost forgot, was messing around with the system and turns out, if i press the rpt and the weird symbol button underneath (looks like a dot with waves emanating form it) the system comes to life..as long as i hold it tho, after playing around with the other controls i let go and its fine.. except when i go to change cd then its back to square one - as in there's a beep then system turns off. been reading similar probs the fellow g35 owners have had in the states but they are more serious, like jammed cds etc so this is definitely diff...seems as if the system resets at every start up...anyway better get back to trying to solve it.

any ideas most welcome!

sarj.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Syrus
update on this:

ok, well have resetted the ecu a couple of ways, one was by letting any charge dissipate by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for like 24hrs, and the second was the pedal method (found on forum).. and annoyingly it hasnt helped

thinking of changing the fuses, have had a quick look for em, but cant seem to find them.. i know there's sposed to be a box in the engine bay and one internally on the drivers side..but still cant find em! frustrating lol. will update later if it works so if anyone ever has a similar prob then hopefully this'll help.

oh almost forgot, was messing around with the system and turns out, if i press the rpt and the weird symbol button underneath (looks like a dot with waves emanating form it) the system comes to life..as long as i hold it tho, after playing around with the other controls i let go and its fine.. except when i go to change cd then its back to square one - as in there's a beep then system turns off. been reading similar probs the fellow g35 owners have had in the states but they are more serious, like jammed cds etc so this is definitely diff...seems as if the system resets at every start up...anyway better get back to trying to solve it.

any ideas most welcome!

sarj.
Hi sarj,

the only thing i can offer as regards to the cd is are you using only proper cd's as i was told on 6 stack systems like ours if you use blank cd's that you have burnt onto they tend to be slightly thicker than the record label ones. these can cause all sorts of problems like jamming etc.

Also i had trouble on humid days with mine showing an error code and not working, after some advice from the forum i sucked out all the moisture soaked air from the cd slot with a computer hoover and i have had no trouble since. I think the system has a safety cut out built in to protect it from humidity.

Tom

Old 12-23-2008, 02:33 PM
just a thought about your rear fog light. I had the fog light wired into the third brake light at the base of the rear windscreen. that way the rear clusters do not have to be played with and a single switch can be used just for the fog light. also now it is nearly invisible when not being used. a job that would be very simple for a good auto electrician.

Old 12-24-2008, 05:44 AM
Just found out my fog light is the rear brake light as well