Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

alloy help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question alloy help needed

can anyone out there give me some advice. I have a set of 19" wheels that came with the car from Japan. They are painted with a ploished lip and face. I have now collected some kerbing on a couple of them and have lifting laquer on all of them. What I need is recommended people to sort this out. Most companies will only dip and paint and the few that will polish or cut will not give warranties and they say laquer will not properly stick to the ploshed surface. Is it worth trying to find someone who will polish off the laquer and buff the face as well as sort the rim but leave the paited parts alone?

Attached Thumbnails alloy help needed-350-gt-slvr-modified-9-.jpg  
Old 05-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by paulhappvincent
can anyone out there give me some advice. I have a set of 19" wheels that came with the car from Japan. They are painted with a ploished lip and face. I have now collected some kerbing on a couple of them and have lifting laquer on all of them. What I need is recommended people to sort this out. Most companies will only dip and paint and the few that will polish or cut will not give warranties and they say laquer will not properly stick to the ploshed surface. Is it worth trying to find someone who will polish off the laquer and buff the face as well as sort the rim but leave the paited parts alone?
Im pretty sure you can get them refurbished but you will need to do them all together as they do go dull, well at least the last time i looked into it they did, there might be a better way now