Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

Finally we have a UK forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Finally we have a UK forum

Just a note to say that Kieth (big chief) the owner of the huge Skyline owners forum has now set up a section for g35/v35 owners so make sure you come take a look. it would also be great for any US owners to come and chat and post pictures of your rides, seeing as we have been lurking around your forum for a couple of years now.

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/f...play.php?f=220

Old 06-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom,
Great work,I know you had much to do with it !!!!
Rob

Old 06-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Tom,
Great work,I know you had much to do with it !!!!
Rob
I have got to know a few of the lads over there now and they have changed there opinions 10 fold since i first posted a couple of years back. The owner Keith is a good bloke, we have been following him in the British Drift Championships where his about 4th at the moment.
He asked me why the V35 lads didn't post on his site very often, so i told him which is why he has decided to set up our own area.

We badly need a picture of a lush black V35 though, do you know anyone

Old 06-26-2009, 07:15 AM
I found these in the sold stock section of www.autobmc.com and thought I would offer these as some good pics of black ones. Hope you like them.

Attached Thumbnails Finally we have a UK forum-350gt-blk-modified.jpg   Finally we have a UK forum-350gt-blk-ultralite.jpg   Finally we have a UK forum-350gt-blk-modified-2-.jpg   Finally we have a UK forum-350gt-blk-ultralite-2-.jpg  
Old 06-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Tom I promise to get some new pics up on the skyline site,am using my old PC at the mo(bit like me really ???) Really limited in what it can do ??Waiting for number 1 son to get my beast up and running,its his fault he built it
Anyway the lush 350gt is the same as it was 2 years ago,completely standard in every respect,really boring stuff,only difference is an extra 4.5k on the oddmeter,new pads all round,2 services,and woe upon woes had to put 2 new tyres on the front !!!
Took it on a long journey down to Kent last weekend,76 miles round trip !!!
Just about to give it a real blow out when my sat nav tells me that speed cameras are all over the M25 even in the friggin tunnel,I wanted to open it up with the window down to hear the exhaust,but I was not going to do that at 40mph !!!
Must catch up with you for that photo shoot Black and white ,will look really good,a real good before and after theme !!!
A nice set of pics for the new skyline forum ????
Off topic...One of my guys at work saw one of your runs on sunday,very impressed !!
Loved your car !!!

Old 06-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by reelybroke
Tom I promise to get some new pics up on the skyline site,am using my old PC at the mo(bit like me really ???) Really limited in what it can do ??Waiting for number 1 son to get my beast up and running,its his fault he built it
Anyway the lush 350gt is the same as it was 2 years ago,completely standard in every respect,really boring stuff,only difference is an extra 4.5k on the oddmeter,new pads all round,2 services,and woe upon woes had to put 2 new tyres on the front !!!
Took it on a long journey down to Kent last weekend,76 miles round trip !!!
Just about to give it a real blow out when my sat nav tells me that speed cameras are all over the M25 even in the friggin tunnel,I wanted to open it up with the window down to hear the exhaust,but I was not going to do that at 40mph !!!
Must catch up with you for that photo shoot Black and white ,will look really good,a real good before and after theme !!!
A nice set of pics for the new skyline forum ????
Off topic...One of my guys at work saw one of your runs on sunday,very impressed !!
Loved your car !!!
Yes we've got to do the black and white thing.

I was dissapointed with my starts at the pod (must practice more) but was really pleased with the 116 mph accross the line. It meant once i got traction she was flying. Funny thing was when i went back to the stand i opened the bonnet to help cool the engine and one of the lads said that i had a boost leak because he could hear a slight hissing. I took it home and had a good look around the engine bay and found that TDI's had left a bung off the end of where they connect a vaccume hose when dynoing the car which was not only loosing me boost but was throwing the mapping out by quiet a lot. They also forgot to reconnect a plug which had something to do with fuel delivery from my APS fuel pumps.
LOL it's a wonder i made it to the end of the 1/4 mile, as you can guess i wasn't best pleased.
Mind you it wouldn't5 have improved my starts
Here is a couple of pictures i sent them from home of the two problems

Old 06-27-2009, 03:36 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
nice! congrats!

its about time they get over the fact that not all skylines have RB's in them

V-chassis ftw!