Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

uk drivers, help please, 2 little easy peasy questions

Old 07-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uk drivers, help please, 2 little easy peasy questions

first of all guys, ive signed up to skyline owners but i cant post for sum reason, only joined today so maybe thats why, ok, now for easy question number 2, my skyline 350gt is limited to 112mph or something, i know this because i got beat by a focus st, how do i remove this restriction, and how much does it cost?, also does this restriction just limit top speed or acceleration as well? thanks guys

Old 07-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by deniance
first of all guys, ive signed up to skyline owners but i cant post for sum reason, only joined today so maybe thats why, ok, now for easy question number 2, my skyline 350gt is limited to 112mph or something, i know this because i got beat by a focus st, how do i remove this restriction, and how much does it cost?, also does this restriction just limit top speed or acceleration as well? thanks guys
You should be able to post straight away, try again and if you can't post on sunday let me know and i will get the mods to sort it out.
Tom

The limiter is for top speed only, usually 112mph on JDM cars. Let me check Monday i may still have the de-limiter off my old ecu knocking about. If not most places can fit one to your car for less than £200

Last edited by ukgt; 07-04-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
You can also get a Technosquare relash, Utech ECU, ect and remove any limiter

Old 07-05-2009, 05:14 PM
thanks guys, what the hell is a technosquare relash, that sounds mental!, UKGT i notice you havea few things done to your skyliner, can you help with a dilemma i have please,
im torn between selling the skyline or going the twin turbo route, i really cant decide, i love the car dont get me wrong, theres not many around and they look A1, its just ive heard a few things that are putting me off,

1 the cars weight
2 my car is auto so can it still handle power upgrades
3 i saw the 350z twin turbo for sale on ebay this week, the one with an engine fault, i messaged the owner andasked what it cost and what he thought of it, in reply he said it sounds great goes great but the vq35 isnt as strong as everyone makes out, hence his engine fault, he also said that you cannot get the power down on the road and that the drivetrain cannot take the power

he said his conversion cost 8 grand which included the ecu, i notice you have cosworth bits on your car will these hstop the problem of the weak engine? or is a twin turbo just too much for this engine and drivetrain?

sorry for these dumb questions but ive only just started researching into the twin turbo conversion, any thoughts appreciated, oh yeah and i just tried posting on skylineowners but no joy it says i do not have permission

Old 07-05-2009, 05:45 PM
holy poo, ive just seen the prices for cosworth stuff, wow, you could buy a ferrari for the price of all that stuff, 5 grand for the block, 1grand each for the cams, etc,,, realistically what bhp can the engine take, i want the twin turbo noise and power but dont wanna kill the car, is 400hp a nice and easy figure?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:08 AM
have you gone through the whole process of registering with skyline owners? i.e. got the email asking you to go to a certain place to complete registration? I have had a couple of problems posting replies over the last few days but if I refreshed the page it was ok. also have youposted in the newbie section yet, just to say hello and introduce yourself to everybody?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:09 AM
By the way, I notice that not many of you are using this forum anymore and seem to have gone over to skyline owners. is this as it is a UK forum or because it appears we may finally have been accepted by other skyline drivers???

Old 07-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by paulhappvincent
By the way, I notice that not many of you are using this forum anymore and seem to have gone over to skyline owners. is this as it is a UK forum or because it appears we may finally have been accepted by other skyline drivers???
To be fair i have been through a lot of out threads on here and we havn't had a great deal of success in getting the US lads to join in our chat, so if it is 99% UK owners in this section we may as well take the chat back to the UK, however i will still log onto the main forums here as there is still a lot of great information etc.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:15 PM
holy poo, ive just seen the prices for cosworth stuff, wow, you could buy a ferrari for the price of all that stuff, 5 grand for the block, 1grand each for the cams, etc,,, realistically what bhp can the engine take, i want the twin turbo noise and power but dont wanna kill the car, is 400hp a nice and easy figure?
No if your talking bang for bucks the V35 is not worth throwing money at but if its your passion and your hobby then hey why not, it beats gambling (trust me i know).
Whatever anyone tells you you cannot run enough boost through a stock VQ which can produce anything more than 380 rwhp, the stock conrods are thin and a weak point. You would need to build the bottom end but you don't need to use cosworth there are plenty of cheaper options. In any case in the UK you would be looking at 10-15k to build the block and put an uprated clutch in and thats before you look at adding turbo or supercharger kits.
He is right about getting the power down as all rear wheel drive cars have this problem, but once you get the traction she flys.
TBH you are better off selling your car and waiting for a nicely modded zed to come up for sale preferably on a UK 350z owners site where you can search the users past posts to get a history of any problems they may of had in the past with the car.
Are you like me intending to track or drag your car ?? if not then 280 rwhp is plenty for our roads you wont need any tubbies.

Any luck with the registration yet???

Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 PM
hey ukgt, nah no luck wiv skyline owners, tried again today, dont want to sell her, shes unique, and shes black, its just type r's they keep doing me, dont know if its because its auto or whether the car is just too heavy, how much do you think a single turbo conversion would be fitted?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:59 PM
oh yeah forgot to ask, how much has your car and mods set you ack so far? and have you won the lottery?

Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 AM
hey ukgt, nah no luck wiv skyline owners, tried again today, dont want to sell her, shes unique, and shes black, its just type r's they keep doing me, dont know if its because its auto or whether the car is just too heavy, how much do you think a single turbo conversion would be fitted?
Possibly due to you having the auto, but also remember the type r is a much lighter car as its a hot hatch rather than a GT. I wouldn't dis the honda as it's a nice car but I'd have a G any day. My nemesis are Golf GTIs as I just can't match them in the corners on the country roads around here.