ShoQed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
ShoQed

Long story to get to the punch line. Patience:

So the '06 G35x I bought in March had the left front TPMS go out in July...on the way back from Cleveland OH to Raleigh NC. Managed to get to the dealer before the sales floor closed, and they gave me a 2011 G37 loaner (nice) to get me the rest of the way home (1.25 hr. further drive). Talked to service shop next day and they replaced it under the Elite extended warranty. Since I would be paying the $100 deductible anyway, I asked them to look into the balky sunglasses holder in the roof console. They agreed it was defective and would replace it, but you can't just fix the sunglasses holder, you have to replace the whole console. So that part would have to be ordered and I got my car back.

In September the part came in and I rode the car over there and picked up another loaner. They call me and it is the wrong part. They are very unhappy about it, maybe more so than me...life happens. So I drive the 1.25 hrs and get my car back.

Finally, part has come in and they sent a driver to me today with a loaner to pick up my car. They must be really trying to stay in my good graces. Today's loaner is a Q50! (Nicer :-)

It's pretty sparky, I have to say. I like the sound of my G35x better, but the Q50 is more refined in every way, as you would expect it to be eight years later.

So I have some errands to run and I go to the store and I come back to the car with my cart full of stuff and I open the trunk.

I am shocked.

There's no trunk in the trunk. No fooling. You would not be able to get a full size suitcase in there. It is low. And not too deep to the back seat.

I wonder if all the cars have to suffer the space allocation required to accommodate the battery packs for the hybrid??

But there is no way a family of four could take this car for a week-long family vacation...if anyone still does that sort of thing anymore. You would have to have a rooftop carrier. And that seems nuts to me. But maybe that's not the market for this sedan....

Shocked. ShoQed I say.

Last edited by G2B35AGN; 11-06-2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: typo correx
The following users liked this post:
dohturdima (11-15-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Cago Space

Infiniti Q50: 352L

Corvette Stingray: 634L
Honda Fit: 585L
Subaru STi: 538L
Ferrari FF: 450L
Porsche Cayman: 425L
SRT Viper: 414L
Infiniti G35 Sedan: 410L
Ford Mustang: 379L
Ford Focus Sedan: 374L
Ford Fiesta Sedan: 363L
Bentley Continental GT: 358L

Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Aside from the front end, the rest of it looks way too M-ish for me. Not that it's a bad thing to resemble an M, but just kinda disappointing

Old 11-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Cargo Space

Infiniti Q50: 352L

<snip>
Thanks for the fascinating research...nice confirmation that I'm not imagining this. It's also not just the volume, but the configuration. The deck to rear parcel holder height is really low, you got the wheel well intrusions, and then you have all the bumps from speaker magnets, etc. The space that is there is just not entirely practical to fit large rectangular cubes into.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.