Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Review: Greddy Evo 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Review: Greddy Evo 2

I installed the exhaust about three weeks ago and put about 500 miles on the car ever since. Here is my review:

1. Sound: sounds a little bit deeper and louder than stock. Sounds GREAT at high RPMs. Sound level is very close to stock. I drove from Virginia to Ohio(400 miles) and I did not notice any droning. If you are looking for a quiet exhaust that sounds similar to stock, this is a good choice. I think adding Fast Intentions test pipes should open this exhaust up more, making it bit louder. It's a little too quiet for my liking as of now, so I'll have to see how louder it gets after test pipes.

2. Performance: I noticed a bit of gain on upper range of RPMs. I did not notice any loss on the bottom end, but my butt dyno sucks so don't take my word for it.

3. Quality and fitment: Cleared everything including rear sway bar nicely. I was a bit worried since I heard of some people having issues with clearance and rubbing on RSB, but no problems. The H-shaped bracket for EVAP relocation worked nicely and made it really easy to relocate it. It looks great under the car and looks like a quality piece. Just what I expected from a Greddy exhaust, as I had a good experience with it on another car in the past.

4. Install: Pretty straight forward with no difficulties. It does take some time though due to EVAP relocation. I took it to a shop since I did not feel like messing with it under jack stands, and was charged 2 hours of labor. I called mutiple places before choosing a shop and was quoted about the same rate throughout, so expect to shell out some money for install if you're having it done by someone else.

5. Addition comments: If you get this exhaust, make sure you get the H-shaped bracket for EVAP relocation.

There are used ones pop up now and then in the classified section now and then for good price. I couldn't pass it up since it was in like-new condition for $550.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet. Nice review. Does it have the higher pitched hollow sound of the stock exhaust?

Old 07-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the dyno numbers before and after?

Old 07-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mx592, yes, it still has that stock sound but deeper and louder.

chan96, I haven't done any dyno.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry, what is this EVAP you taklign bout relocating?