Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Mrev2 Installed!!!! Plus Aam Ecu Re-flash.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mrev2 Installed!!!! Plus Aam Ecu Re-flash.

What up everyone!!!

I just had the MREV2 insalled. My other mods include Z-tube, K&N drop in, and AAM's angled spacer. I also had the ECU re-flashed by Altered Atmosphere because I have an '04 non-rev 6MT and wanted to avoid the rough idle problems.

My impression:

Under 3000 RPMs:
Other than the car able to pull a little better above 2000 RPMs...its pretty much where the car was before.

Over 3000 RPMs:
All I gotta say is WOW!!! I was very skeptical about both mods, but now I'm a believer. The engine definitely GROWLS louder and the power and torque are very noticeable. The re-flash also lets me rev up to 7100 RPMs now. When I get the chance, I will go get the car dynoed. I know that it won't be anything really remarkable but just to see where the car is @.

If any of you guys were skeptical about the mods for a Non-rev motor, all I gotta say is DO IT!!!! You will not regret it.

Jason

Old 01-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by jascastan
What up everyone!!!

I just had the MREV2 insalled. My other mods include Z-tube, K&N drop in, and AAM's angled spacer. I also had the ECU re-flashed by Altered Atmosphere because I have an '04 non-rev 6MT and wanted to avoid the rough idle problems.

My impression:

Under 3000 RPMs:
Other than the car able to pull a little better above 2000 RPMs...its pretty much where the car was before.

Over 3000 RPMs:
All I gotta say is WOW!!! I was very skeptical about both mods, but now I'm a believer. The engine definitely GROWLS louder and the power and torque are very noticeable. The re-flash also lets me rev up to 7100 RPMs now. When I get the chance, I will go get the car dynoed. I know that it won't be anything really remarkable but just to see where the car is @.

If any of you guys were skeptical about the mods for a Non-rev motor, all I gotta say is DO IT!!!! You will not regret it.

Jason
So you got the standard flash and not the dyno tune one correct? Curious why you went with MREV2 (lost track of all the version out there..). you already have the lower plenum and supposively it's just additional machinine down the port slightly. Also, what rough idle problem are you refering to? Did you experience this or read about it?

Old 01-16-2007, 02:20 PM
I got the standard flash. I went with the MREV2 for the additional airflow. I was skeptical too, but after having installed...I became a believer. After the tech installed the MREV2, he showed me how rough the idle was...so I opted to get the flash done. It was also recommened by Tony of Motordyne that I get it done considering I have the non-rev engine and I did not want to take the chance of my car dying on me especially since it is my daily driver and I travel out of town frequently. I'm sure that if you searched you can find more info.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the club of those now awaiting more products from Motordyne.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
What up fellas. What's the difference between a rev up or non rev up engine? I have an '04 6mt. Also what's the difference between the plenum spacer and an MREV? Thanks for the info

Old 01-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Tony (Motordyne) told me that he is planning to release a new exhaust soon.

I guess all we can do is wait for Tony/Motordyne to get more products for our car.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shogun281
What up fellas. What's the difference between a rev up or non rev up engine? I have an '04 6mt. Also what's the difference between the plenum spacer and an MREV? Thanks for the info
here's my take from what i have read and experienced...after all i have a rev-up g.... a revup vq motor/engine has variable exhaust timing along with the variable intake... nonrevup only has variable intake....

revup has higher redline, 7100 rpm IIRC... nonrevup has lower redline.... less than 6800 rpm IIRC...

revup lower intake manifold plenum have shorter runners i believe (tunnels channeling intake air into engine...)

that's the 3 main differences i can think of...else go to tony at motordyne for better info... hope that helps...

Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by FenixL1P
here's my take from what i have read and experienced...after all i have a rev-up g.... a revup vq motor/engine has variable exhaust timing along with the variable intake... nonrevup only has variable intake....

revup has higher redline, 7100 rpm IIRC... nonrevup has lower redline.... less than 6800 rpm IIRC...

revup lower intake manifold plenum have shorter runners i believe (tunnels channeling intake air into engine...)

that's the 3 main differences i can think of...else go to tony at motordyne for better info... hope that helps...
Thanks!