Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Nismo Suspension and Clutch line installed--pix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nismo Suspension and Clutch line installed--pix

Nismo G-attack suspension for cpv35 and nismo ss heat wrapped clutch line w/ motul rbf600 fluid installed. I plan on doing a full review after a bith more driving, but here are some of my initial observations:

-The first thing I noticed is the much better feel of the clutch. I never liked how it feeled stock. For those w/ 6 m/t w/ stock rubber clutch line and dont' like the feel of the clutch and have had stickiness issues, I highly reccomend getting a ss clutch line w/ heat wrap (nismo was like $65 or over $100, forgot which) and 1 bottle of rbf600 (was like $20). The difference to in clutch feel for me was like day and night. I got a clutch/flywheel on the way, but I might just keep the stock setup for awhile b/c it really feels great! The clutch comes right up after shifts (response is much better than stock) and the feel is great.

I did a couple launches, and whereas w/ the stock clutch line and fluid, the clutch would get sticky after a couple of launches (although never really getting stuck to the floor except once--I believe cuz the clutch fluid was boiling), w/ the nismo clutch line and fluid, I had no stickiness issues whatsoever. Nor air in clutch line or anything after install. Very happy w/ this.

The only thing is, the tech said it was a pita to get to the clutch line w/out taking apart some other things. Het got to it w/ the aid of another, however, so it may be a 2 person job for just getting to the clutch line bleed and install.

-I didn't really notice much of a drop w/ the nismo suspension on. Although, when I got in the car, I felt a little lower (but there be b/c I had a stock sedan loaner for a day). But, I didn't really care for any lower cuz I'm in Chicago and its my daily driver. Anyways, I didn't notice the difference as much as I did w/ the clutch line.

The tech did 2 allignments to make sure he could get as close to factory spec as possible. I was told that everything was alligned to factors spec's except the front: There is some negative camber (same on both fronts sides)--I was told this could likely result in some premature wearing on my front tires...

That being said, I drove through some twisty ravines, and the car felt great. Mind, you these were some bumpy roads w/ uneven surfaces. First, I was really surprised to notice that there was no associated noise whatsoever w/ the suspension on! The car felt a little more planted, but the best thing about it is that the "bumpiness" feel I got sometimes on the stock sport suspension, is gone.

Steering felt precise, but I didn't go ***** out cuz I had the stock suspension in the trunk, so I can't really comment much as of any understeer/oversteer in high speed cornering or anything like that as of yet.

Nismo headers will be installed after I get them back from Jet-Hot as will a arc titan bar and an amuse intake pipe (if I can make it fit on the G). I'll be posting updates when those parts get installed.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 04-13-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where'd you pick up the clutch line?

Old 04-13-2007, 10:44 PM
clutch line was bought at japanparts.com--a little more w/ shipping but got in w/in a few days of odering.
suspension bought at rhdjapan.com
I would recomend both companies for parts. Both professional and reliable w/ delivery through ems.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 PM
whats the part # for the clutch line @ japanparts?

Old 04-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by IP G
whats the part # for the clutch line @ japanparts?
Wow, I dunno?--I just checked that too, it doesn't seem to come up on the website anymore.

I'll go get the box out of the trunk and post the nismo part # in a few minutes. I think it might be more in the $100 range though--performance nissan might have it.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Nice! I thought for brand new suspensions, you have to wait a few weeks for the springs/shocks to settle before doing the alignment.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by GTR_Boy
Nice! I thought for brand new suspensions, you have to wait a few weeks for the springs/shocks to settle before doing the alignment.
really? ****, I'll have em checked after the header install.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Does you kit come with an upper control arm or any kind of camber adjustment?

Old 04-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by bocatrip
Does you kit come with an upper control arm or any kind of camber adjustment?
No--the drop is only .8 inches---supposedly the lowest it can go on the stock camber arms. Kit came w/ front and rear shocks and springs and some hardware.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:23 PM
I dunnot about japanparts.com, but check here for link for nismo ss clutch line:

https://www.rhdjapan.com/home/produc...roduct_id=1288

Old 04-13-2007, 11:27 PM
up date with strut tower..you will be like this

makes such a nice difference..+ sways = love/love

Old 04-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good stuff . . . Nice write-up, Jon. Enjoy and keep a watchful eye on the twisty runs.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Thx guys^^Both your cars are looking nice Can't wait till I get the headers and strut bar installed.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 04-13-2007 at 11:32 PM.