- Crawford V5 Plenum
- DC Headers
- Crawford Cats
- JIC Y-Pipe
- Fuji Exhaust
- AAM Spec ECU Flash
- Grounding Gear 8 Wire Kit

Dynojet results @ AAM - 241.57 Max Power, 217.98 Max Torque

I just had the Turbo XS U-Tech for the 350Z installed and tuned @ Altered Atmosphere in Gaithersburg, MD. I have noticed that the car pulls much harder from 2-3K rpm, but still lacks some lower end power. Feels better, but this is no V-8 torque monster. Once above 3k rpm, car just wants to keep on pulling. This is where I really noticed the new power and torque. Have not tried manual mode or pushed car towards red line yet. The transmission feels like it is responding more quickly to downshift when I push it. I know this upgrade has nothing to do with the tranny, but it feels smoother and more responsive. Must be the increase in power coming on that I am feeling. I will have to try an extended run in manual mode. I would have to say that this is the single most noticeable N/A mod done so far. The results after the install:

Dynojet results @ AAM - 253.78 Max Power, 226.53 Max Torque

I am trying to post a scan of dyno sheet, but it keeps coming out blurry. Maybe because of colors. I will keep trying. You can e-mail me for a copy if you are interested. romoserd@yahoo.com.

The people at AAM, Mike, Jason, and Clint, were all very helpful, nice and took pretty good care of my car. Interior remained very clean and the car was not scratched, like what always seems to happen @ dealer. The install was very clean and not even noticable unless you stick your head under the dash and know what you are looking for. Very nice and clean install.

My only disappointment though. Somehow between my home and the shop my Nismo valve stem caps just disappeared and my front passenger rim looks like someone took a small hammer to the lip. It is not any kind of curb rash. I did not notice this till after I got the car home and in garage to wipe it down. I am not blaming the shop since it is possible it could have happened the night before at the gym and I just did not notice anything, but I do keep my car pretty immaculate...

Overall I am very happy with the upgrade as I have gained some more significant N/A power. JWT Cams will be next now that I have the U-Tech. Maybe 270 RWHP with those! My car has made some decent new power on my N/A setup that is noticeable and is worth the cost to me. Which, by the way, ran $1,400 for the part, install and dyno tuning. About $100 per HP. Not a bang for the buck mod, but when you are trying for the most N/A power possible...I also think the U-Tech helped bring all my other mods together to perform better.

I would recommend this shop for their expertise with the G/Z platform and for their professionalism. I only have one suggestion. I know they have a lot of cars to work on and can't keep them all in the garage, but if they are going to have your car all day, I would suggest they leave them inside where they can keep a better eye on them. Otherwise, wait for your car. Too many people walking around can have access to your car. Like I said, I can not blame them and the rim can be repaired @ Ye Olde Wheel Shop and the caps replaced. All in all a good experience so far.

By the way does anyone know the stock HP and TQ numbers? I remember something like 225 HP and 210 TQ, but can not find it.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dyno.pdf (37.6 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by DRG35R; 10-14-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good for you man, nice numbers for auto... now go out and rip donw the road with new found HP!!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
G35 Coupe "Sport Package"
Originally Posted by spddmn124
good for you man, nice numbers for auto... now go out and rip donw the road with new found HP!!!!
Thanks. Did you ever get AAM to bend you up your custom exhaust? LOL.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:53 PM
lol naw.. i was just kidding, and clint knows about that... but it would have been awesome!!! ?I wouldve been the first one with 3 canister exhaust exiting form the front! lolol

Old 10-10-2007, 10:28 AM
lol naw.. i was just kidding, and clint knows about that... but it would have been awesome!!! ?I wouldve been the first one with 3 canister exhaust exiting form the front! lolol
that's cool. I was not sure at first and just thought you were giving the guys @ AAM a hard time. how has your experience been with them so far? I am looking to have cam work done to my car and would like to have just one shop do all my work so they become familiar with my car. Clint seemed like a nice guy.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice numbers! You're probably pushing about 318 hp/284 ft-lbs at the crank, pretty damn good for an NA 5AT. AAM has done most of the work on my car too [you may have seen it there, DG coupe with a missing supercharger!]. Just a thought, probably not worth it now, but later on you can always ask Mike to tune specifically for low end torque if you want a little more grunt in that range. May be best to wait until you add another part though.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Definately wan't to see the before & after dynos; peak numbers are just a small [although important] part of gained power. But im more intested in seeing how the power curve shifted.

Congrats.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I attached the dyno sheet in the first post.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Pretty solid gain throughout the entire power band! Have you taken it to the track yet?

-Sean

Old 10-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Pretty solid gain throughout the entire power band! Have you taken it to the track yet?

-Sean
not yet, but anxious to do so. in the meantime I am having some responsible fun on the street/highway. feels like an entirely different car with the way the power comes on. can't imagine what it will be like after JWT cam upgrade. possible Vortech or Turbonetics kit in the future will make this car crazy fast.

I had a 95 corvette and a 99 M3. obviously the vette had much more low end and the M could run circles around most cars, but my G is slowly becoming the best of both in terms of power and handling. it will never have the ultimate pull of the V-8 in N/A form or the ultimate handling of the lightweight M, but it is a nice compromise of luxury, style, power and handling.

now, off to do some suspension upgrades!

Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I am pretty sure u will pull on a 99 M3 on strait line now, Nice gains.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by DRG35R
that's cool. I was not sure at first and just thought you were giving the guys @ AAM a hard time. how has your experience been with them so far? I am looking to have cam work done to my car and would like to have just one shop do all my work so they become familiar with my car. Clint seemed like a nice guy.

you may heard some stories about AAM, but it is a great shop. yes, Clint is a great guy, he knows his **** and if he doesnt he will find out for you! Frank the mechanic is the ****! he knows his **** too! he was a master nissan technician before he came to AAM.. they will help you out, and give you a great quote on your work. GL with your build up.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
I am pretty sure u will pull on a 99 M3 on strait line now, Nice gains.
my 99 M3 was pretty quick and because it was so light, compared to the G, it really ran crazy around the curves, but I am going to agree with you. I am working on upgrading the suspension some more, but there is no way the G will out manuever the M3. no substitute for light weight.

I think the G would even keep pace with the 95 Vette I had. would probably be close due to the facts of more weight and less torque. tough to go head to head with V-8 power w/o some kind of FI.

I am probably going to have the cam work done next and will post results.

thanks.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:45 AM
you may heard some stories about AAM, but it is a great shop. yes, Clint is a great guy, he knows his **** and if he doesnt he will find out for you! Frank the mechanic is the ****! he knows his **** too! he was a master nissan technician before he came to AAM.. they will help you out, and give you a great quote on your work. GL with your build up.
thanks for the endorsement! I hear some bad things on this forum about AAM, but you get that about any shop. they did some nice work for me on my 03 sedan and now my coupe. I would like to continue to have them work on my car so they become more familiar with it. I know I will be going to them to have my cam work done. I want to get as much N/A power before I step up to FI. upgrade suspension first.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by DRG35R
thanks for the endorsement! I hear some bad things on this forum about AAM, but you get that about any shop. they did some nice work for me on my 03 sedan and now my coupe. I would like to continue to have them work on my car so they become more familiar with it. I know I will be going to them to have my cam work done. I want to get as much N/A power before I step up to FI. upgrade suspension first.

ill the the cams off of you when you go FI lolol

DIBS!!!!