Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

x02 catback exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x02 catback exhaust

shipping:

the box had a decent sized hole in it, gotta love fedex. The packaging was pretty good though, so not much damage came from it. there was a little ding on one of the pipes, nothing serious though. The welds well are all top quality, and it doesnt look like they cut any corners.

I really didnt see any imperfections, or blemishes on the tips at all, which i was very happy to see. the tips look great, there actually an inch bigger then the stock exhaust tips (4")...so these 5 inchers look mean as hell.

installation:

i dont think i could do this on my own, so i took it to an exhaust shop. ive got to this shop at least 15 times, and they do amazing work.

im not gonna lie, after they were done (5 hours) later, they were PISSED OFF. haha they said there was a bunch of problems like things not lining up perfectly etc. another major problem i had, and actually still have is the right muffler tip is just barley hitting the side of my rear skirt (veilside) they tried for along time, messing with the hangers, weilding stuff etc and they just couldnt get the exhaust to move anymore to the left. im gonna remove my rear skirt, and try and position it a little more to the right if i can.

thats my problem though, without a bodykit piece in the back, it will fit fine.
hard to say how it fill fit with a rear skirt, depending on the brand etc.

sound:

the sound is absolutly amazing. there is nothing more i can say about it. if your looking for a quiet exhaust, this is not the one for you. it is very loud, outside, and inside the car. (keep in mind, i kept my stock cats. i would love to hear how it sounds with crawford cats)
The sound is a nice deep tone, and it certaintly turns heads. anyone who has driven with me in the car so far has said its the best sounding exhaust they have ever heard. haha

performance:

both low-end, and hi-end you can feel a difference. it pulls quicker, and just seems to want to keep on going. ive only had it for a week now, so i still gotta mess around a bit more

heres a few quick pics, and a video. the video was taken with my ****ty cannon camera, so turn the volume up a little, it came out a little quiet for some reason. also the car was cold, and the warmer it gets, the louder the exhaust gets, so your certaintly not hearing it at its fullest.

conclusion:

for the price ($595 shipped), i really dont think you can afford NOT to buy it. its worth every penny. looks and sounds great. my shop had some probs with things lining up, but who knows if you will too. i cant say.

pics:

video:

got any questions? shoot

Last edited by jesse; 10-18-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
any sign of the stock VQ sound at all ??
I didnt hear it, but maybe I'm missing something on these headphones

Old 10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
not that much. i mean this exhaust sounds the exact opposite as our stock one. the stock has a tingy exotic sound, and this is just a raw and deep tone. sounds amazing at WOT

Old 10-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Banned
glad you enjoy it!!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Wow, I had no idea the adjustment holes in the tips are so off. Minor detail, yes. But still an imperfection nonetheless.

The tips are already tucked with the stock rear. Now they're even more hidden with that VS rear lip. Having tucked tips like that is like having +35 offsets for wheels, IMO. A huge no-no.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Littering and...
Sounds good. I had a problem with both tips really.

They are both more to the right than the center. I ended up drilling new holes farther back so I could bring the tips out farther.

And I agree with your shop. 15 hours is a lot though. I spent probably 3 on mine on jack stands.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Sounds good. Not bad for the price.

IMO, the HKS is too overpriced. Yet, I would still get it over an X02.

But im not looking into an exhaust anymore, seeing how I have found my perfect exhaust system

Old 10-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Sounds good. Not bad for the price.

IMO, the HKS is too overpriced. Yet, I would still get it over an X02.

But im not looking into an exhaust anymore, seeing how I have found my perfect exhaust system

Fast Intentions Intimidator Exhaust can be had for $1,329 Shipped (or around the same price picked up/installed I'd assume).

HKS can be had for ~$1100 (picked up) from some vendors, $1250 shipped from others, and $1300 picked up/installed by another.

So what makes you say HKS is "too overpriced?"

==========

OP, how much was the labor for installation?

Old 10-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Received 300 Likes on 192 Posts
Jesse, I'm glad to hear that you like it! Ive had mine for quite sometime now and love it. I had no issues with mine fitting though. You're gonna get alot of "criticism" for the exhaust by a select few members on the board but dont let it bother you... who cares... its your car, your money right? I say screw'em... enjoy your exhaust!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
Fast Intentions Intimidator Exhaust can be had for $1,329 Shipped (or around the same price picked up/installed I'd assume).

HKS can be had for ~$1100 (picked up) from some vendors, $1250 shipped from others, and $1300 picked up/installed by another.

==========

i think you make a great point, and i woulda rather get hks or watever etc over xo2 but it all personal preference... thats like people givin you a hard time for having bats eyelids because they are 60-80$ cheaper compared to sp or ings+1... not knocking either or just sayin

Old 10-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
nice exhaust

Old 10-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
why haven't you (and just about every other person who has this exhaust) tried to extend the tips out? it would look much better not tucked in like that

Old 10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

==========

About every exhaust system for the G35/350Z is overpriced. Besides, I got mine for $300 from a friend here in driver in perfect conditions... almost seemed new

Old 10-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by dijstiiv
thats like people givin you a hard time for having bats eyelids because they are 60-80$ cheaper compared to sp or ings+1... not knocking either or just sayin
It's not the same thing because I chose the overlay eyelids over SP/Ings+1 eyelids because I prefer the flushed look, not because they are cheaper.

Either way, I was just commenting on what I saw from the pics (tucked tips, chopped up adjustment holes in the tips).

If you buy the xo2 exhaust for what it is (i.e. don't expect to get out of it what you would get from HKS), then this is a great buy.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Wow, I had no idea the adjustment holes in the tips are so off. Minor detail, yes. But still an imperfection nonetheless.

The tips are already tucked with the stock rear. Now they're even more hidden with that VS rear lip. Having tucked tips like that is like having +35 offsets for wheels, IMO. A huge no-no.
haha i agree man, spacers are actually on the way, and im deifnitly going to drill some holes and extend the tips i wanna check out how app did it first, before i start drilling holes though

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: x02 catback exhaust