Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

EnerPulse Pulse Plugs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
EnerPulse Pulse Plugs

I installed them and go faster. No dyno or times but my engine sounds and feels crisper and more powerful, I go through gears faster, and my butt dyno says they were worth doing. I replaced original plugs at 46,000 miles. For $150 I give two thumbs up!

Old 01-05-2008, 12:31 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Interesting...I'd love to see dyno numbers. It's real easy to swap plugs with your car still on the dyno.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Re Pulse Plugs

I used to have a '95 Porsche 911. I loved that car... it had two spark plugs per cylinder and ran sweet as anything. I've always compared my G to it (with a little disappointment at first but it's an unfair comparison.) Anyway... for what it's worth, my G's engine seems just a bit more like that Porsche 3.6 motor now with the pulse plugs installed. I know this is all subjective and I haven't dynoed but it is my firm opinion. I think I probably felt a comparable increase in power as from the plenum spacer, maybe more. The combination of intake mods, pulse plugs and flywheel have combined to make me quite happy with throttle response and power even with the stock exhaust still in place. I haven't spent much on power, other than the flywheel and clutch (which needed replacement anyway), under $600 for the plenum spacer, Z-Tube, K&N filter, throttle body heater bypass ($2!) and plugs. I probably want to advance the base timing a degree next. Does anyone know if an ECU reflash is available in Atlanta?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't believe the hype. Changing out plugs at 40k miles will make an improvement no matter what the brand.

These butt dyno reviews are worthless when evaluating claimed gains of 5-10 hp-I'd like to see some real world complete dyno testing with various "performance plugs". Until then, I still think these pulse plugs are snake oil.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sagemark,

Don't need to pay to reflash the ECU, you can search here and get the details on resetting it. That's if you're just wanting it non 'tuned' or 'remapped'.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
I don't believe the hype. Changing out plugs at 40k miles will make an improvement no matter what the brand.

These butt dyno reviews are worthless when evaluating claimed gains of 5-10 hp-I'd like to see some real world complete dyno testing with various "performance plugs". Until then, I still think these pulse plugs are snake oil.
I don't blame you. I'd like to dyno test too but can't be bothered with time and expense. I can say only that I decided to try this particular snake oil and they seemed to help. Seemed less risky than a grand on an exhaust that could help or hurt... Call me a sucker.

I did not get an improvement in mpg. I still get 15-16 city but that's due to my driving habits.

Check these out:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98382

Old 05-20-2008, 09:20 PM
The heat thing is a myth if you are interested. My G35 Coupe has never even hit the middle of my temp gauge. I have been running them for about 4k miles and not a single issue with heat. The gas mileage was incredible. Went from 14-16 mpg to a solid 20-24. I agree with the power thing to. They really feel like every drop of fuel is being used in the most effective manner.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems like there's little concensus as to whether these things work or not. What's the best pricing on-line that anyone's found? I'm trying to decide on NGKs or these. Mod gurus, what do you guys think? Reality or hype?

Old 06-08-2008, 02:37 PM
They hype is around the HP gains. The fact is that they do not run "hotter" than the NGK. They will help improve your gas mileage. You will get a minor boost in horsepower until your ECU corrects the fuel air mixture. At that point you will see the gas milage gains. Buy them direct and they will offer you excellent customer service. One of my plugs broke during install, they overnighted me 2 new plugs... Great customer service and real MPG gains. You might see a little more pep in your engine, but there will not be any huge HP gains...

Old 09-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Enerpulse Plugs failed

As followers of this thread know, I installed these about a year ago and liked them. Since then, I have put about 15k miles on them. I found they seemed to increase power slightly, but I didn't get mileage gains.

My engine started missing last week. I went and bought a set of NGK's and pulled the Enerpulse plugs out for inspection. The center electrodes were badly worn an all, and one was gone! The gaps on the other five were about .050-.065. They were adjusted to .040 on installation, per the instructions which state never to exceed that gap, even though our engine specifies .043.

I haven't contacted the company yet. I read the warranty I expect that they will replace them but not refund. I will not be reinstalling these because reliability is more important than the power gain. I haven't got time for this.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 AM
If anyone wants to buy a new set of these I expect I'll have a new set for sale soon.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
these plugs are still 50/50 then i mean i havent seen anyone on here with them last them more than 6k before they have some problems with them but NGKs go for about 30k or more

Old 11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Pulse Pluge....pros/cons.

This isn't the first thread about pulse plugs, I've read others and the story
seems to end the same....they don't last! Whey would anyone spend $125=
on plugs that only last 6 months to a year as witnessed here? I'll stick with
what works, if I want better gas mileage I'll quit listening to the sweet sound
of my exhaust when I get on it!
Gary

Old 12-24-2008, 05:51 AM
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Pulse plugs suck! More power yes , ............but just wait ,just a matter of time before coil packs melt to the plugs ,so when you try to remove the coil pack they break because of the massive amount of pressure needed to free them.....then when the plug finally comes out........ NO ELECTRODE!!!!!.........the damm thing falls into the cylinder....... Never again only NGK NGK NGK NGK NGK