sxexcx's Custom Grounding Wires // Review //

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 04:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
those blue wires look sick

Old 06-07-2008, 05:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in socal, LA area. How much is he charging for this? If its reasonable, I'd be interested.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by white_dc5
I'm in socal, LA area. How much is he charging for this? If its reasonable, I'd be interested.
PM'ed

Old 06-26-2008, 11:14 AM
I had sxexcx's 10 wire installed also. I can reiterate what a lot has already been stated. He's a very professionial guy. Real great to talk to and will take good care of your ride. Plus he has a very sick ride. Now onto the review. After installation I feel that the car pulls and accelerates quicker. The dreaded clunking shift from 1st to 2nd gear has totally disappeared. I don't know where my shift points were before so I can't speak to that aspect. But the car just runs a lot smoother and it's more livelier than before. But the biggest difference that is of benefit is the quicker response from the pedal and the quicker acceleration. And for the price point which includes install you can't go wrong.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Damn, I want to get this. How much is it and how can I pay? Too bad I am not close enough or I can get him to install for me.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by nismog35driver
Damn, I want to get this. How much is it and how can I pay? Too bad I am not close enough or I can get him to install for me.
sorry, this is a Socal exclusive.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Premier Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now I'm interested in doing this too, Sean can you pm me on price.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
PM'ed

Old 06-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I had the GG kit on the 5AT and it didn't make a lick of difference. Shifting and throttle response was the same as before (it wasn't bad to begin with). I removed the kit after a couple of weeks and sold it. The more I researched this grounding stuff, the more of a farce I believe it is. Maybe I have a Tuesday car. Or maybe it's something inbetween.

Regardless, I don't quite understand how GG and any other company can put a patent on cut to length, commonly available wires and the way they are attached to the motor. Nothing has been invented. That would be like me reconfiguring my home's HVAC layout for more efficency and then claiming a patent. I guess have hard time seeing these kits getting design or utility patents because other grounding kits are out there and have been available for some time prior to GG. Additionally, auto manufactuers have been using grounding kits for OEM since about day one of the car. I guess GG could threaten to sue, but I don't know on what grounds. The only legal item I see on the GG website is that Grounding Gear is a trademarked name. I see no mention of GG (a Canadian company) having a US patent on it's parts.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveB
I had the GG kit on the 5AT and it didn't make a lick of difference. Shifting and throttle response was the same as before (it wasn't bad to begin with). I removed the kit after a couple of weeks and sold it. The more I researched this grounding stuff, the more of a farce I believe it is. Maybe I have a Tuesday car. Or maybe it's something inbetween.
which grounding kit did you invest in, this should explain a lot..... Sean's is one of a kind and it actually grounds to the TRANNY unlike those cheap 5-7 wire grounding kits which have been found to be useless...since your in kansas i would suggest you invest in the gordee's grounding kit

Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by hyperlite21
i would suggest you invest in the gordee's grounding kit
I think the GG he spoke of is "Grounding Gear" by Gordgee

Old 07-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
This from a guy that is skeptical about most mods here. And lists one of the few effective performance mods he has as "Blacked Out Chrome" which he did with black electrical tape or somesuch. I doubt if he would find any grounding kit effective (nor any other mod he doesn't believe in as evidenced by his multiple posts on different threads about mods like lightened pullies, etc.) At least he tried the grounding kit which many nah-sayers don't.

I too was a nay-sayer and skeptic. I finally tried a kit and was proven wrong unlike our friend here, and am willing to admit it.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
amen

Old 07-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You have to keep in mind not all products are made equal, and that some mods work better for some, while other mods work better for others

Old 07-05-2008, 01:37 PM
It's also interesting to note how DaveB goes around to every thread that he disagrees with and repeatedly tries to dis the mod. It's like an obsession with this fellow. My personal feeling is that posting a review should be sufficient and accept that others either have a positive or negative experience with a mod.

What this guy does is similar to someone that has a bad experience with being bitten by a German Shepard when he was 5 years old, and then going around for the rest of his life finding forums, meetings, etc. picketing the breed and telling everyone how evil these dogs are! Anyone else think there is a problem?

Not singling out DaveB specifically, but it's one reason that I usually just lurk in forums like this to gather information and formulate my own opinion based on evidence presented.

I'm a skeptic about most mods in general and believe that if you want different performance from your car, then you should be buying an M3 to begin with rather than trying to pretend that you can make your existing ride into one.

But if a mod that seems to effectively work with a vast majority of cars and doesn't vastly effect the character of the car, it's likely a good investment.

So whether it's GroundingGear, or SxExCx's wires, as long as the majority of the feedback indicates they work, why not?

Looks like GroundingGear has done a lot of development over the years on various vehicles. So as a legitimate company with a World-wide reputation, they'd probably be my choice. But if so inclined, a good copy like SxExCx's seem to be would be a good option for many.

I've said it before, as one of the biggest skeptics out there about most mods in general, I was looking to be disappointed by grounding kits. I was shocked to find the difference these things make and would have no further reservations recommending a good quality kit that's received positive feedback.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: sxexcx's Custom Grounding Wires // Review //