Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Motordyne Gamma Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Thumbs up Motordyne Gamma Exhaust

Last month I finally made up my mind and decided to take the plunge to buy the Motordyne Engineering Gamma Exhaust and to say the least I've been very pleased with the purchase, on all levels; Product Build Quality, Customer Service, Ease of installation and most importantly Sound/Performance.

After many calls to Tony asking him about his products and exhaust workings in general, I decided to buy the XYZ pipe, inline Resonator, and the Dual Gamma. Shipping was prompt and the packing was excellent. All components were either meticulously wrapped in bubble wrap and/or boxed individually. Out of the box you can tell that the welding, craftsmanship, and finish were of top quality.

During the installation of the exhaust, it turned out that the exhaust I received was not the right one. A call to Tony was done and he resolved this ASAP shipping me the correct parts overnight and making sure that I was satisfied. As promised the part arrived the next day and the installation continued. New gaskets between the Cats and the XYZ pipe were provided and are the only one needed for the entire exhaust (they use clamps on the remaining connections, but i'll talk more about it later). The muffler and the tips all perfectly line up with the stock rubber mounting points so installation was a breeze. The clamps are a little harder to use to connect the piping together but I found out the reason why it was used. When using bolts to secure the exhaust there is only one way the entire exhaust system can fit onto the car. If there is a fitting irregularity, stress would be added somewhere along. The clamps allow you to independently rotate a few section at a time for it to better fit your car and reduce the possible stress that can occur. When the car starts running and the exhaust start heating up, the problem can be aggravated.

Exhaust was on and the burnt titanium tips were secured on to perfectly match my Caribbean Blue G35 (love the way the tips look). As the started for the first time, I can still hear it's root coming from the VQ engine but with added presence and muscle. The next step was for the car to jump onto the Dyno and give it a run. Though I wished to have done a dyno of just the exhaust alone, the timing and shipping error made it so that I had to Dyno my car with new Headers, Test Pipes, and the Exhaust. Results came in and I netted an additional 15hp and 15tq from baseline which is bare bone stock.

Vid of the car running from outside

Vid of the car running from inside (ignore the fumbling of the camera)

Pic of the nice Ti tips

Pic of the exhaust minus the two pipes at the end.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
sounds pretty nice. Id like to hear one of you driving back towards the camera.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
nice
more vids and revs plz

Old 04-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im in love with this exhaust

Old 04-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
thats gotta be the weakest exhaust vid ever, cmon man more revving and law breakin!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Alright alright! This weekend i will get some better vids.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
where are those new vids?

Old 04-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
so 15 hp/15tq over base with hearder, test pipes, exhuast? that sounds low but still great review and great exhuast non the less

Old 04-14-2009, 11:47 PM
I think 15hp/15tq is not too bad considering that the power was throughout the band with no loss anywhere after the exhaust upgrades.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:49 PM
What kind of dyno was this?

Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by G U LATER
What kind of dyno was this?
mustang

Old 04-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah it's a mustang which gives out low number. I'm getting a dyno on a dynojet so you guys can have a better feel as to what the numbers are, but for the purpose of gain over baseline the dyno above is a reference.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Did you reset the ECU http://www.technosquareinc.com/350reset.htm ?

I know this sounds like one of those silly steps that actually doesn't do anything, but once I reset the ECU and the Idle Air Volume and all (after installing all new respiration from airfilter to exhaust tips) it was a completely different driving experience and it completely changed the assdyno results and sound. I had 5000m on the car of granny driving that it had apparently "learned" and I spend 2 weeks driving around with the new parts not all that impressed because I usually drive like an ******* kid unless there's heavy traffic. I reset it and it's just completely different. I wish I would have gotten a before and after dyno just to see, because it's so much more satisfying now. :-D It can't hurt...give it a shot. It's about equal to the minor difference you got when you install the coolant control valve that comes with the motordyne stuff and turn the coolant off. Just makes it a bit sharper and more satisfying.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM
I actually got a Osiris dyno tune done to my car. The chart below is probably more interesting since it includes all the breather mods.

About the videos, I replaced the Gamma with Shockwave and it's really really loud. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the headers, once I get my newer headers in I will post a better video comparing the two.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
impressive for a na g35..i read a few reviews on this exhaust but i still long to find a price..whats this system run?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne Gamma Exhaust