Old 04-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
Thumbs up SxExCx V2 (Stealth) Grounding Kit

My Car: 2006 G35 Sedan 5AT Base
Mods: K&N Panel Filter, Rev-Up Box, Z-Tube, Motordyne 5/16 ISO Copper
Gas: Shell Premium 91 Octane
Driving: 30% City, 70% Highway

Just like anybody here, I was a bit skeptical about buying a Grounding Kit for my V35 Sedan. I would keep reading mixed reviews about 4 different grounding kits (Stillen, Sun-Auto, SxExCx, and GG), most negative reviews involved Stillen and Sun-Auto. That narrowed my search down to two kits, SxExCx and Grounding Gear. I still wasn’t fully sold on the idea of the kit since the car is only 5 years old, yet I kept leaning towards Sean’s kit only because he has one additional point, the Transmission. This was huge for me because I noticed the lag in shifting, especially from 2 - 3. Yet the reason I didn’t want one was because I didn’t want some tacky blue/red wires all over my bay, I want to keep it clean, then I stumbled upon the Stealth kit available in smoke, I really wanted one now. I kept doing research on the topic and got convinced only because I wanted the shift lag gone. It so happened that Sean was doing a deal on the kit so I got myself a set. I started the install the day after it arrived. WOW! the car ran great, shifting got noticeably better and throttle response is increased. Today I filled up reset the trip clock and went for a drive in the mountains, elevation changes between 5,500 (base) - 9,500 (up top). When I made it back to town I took a peek at my trip clock, I had gone 150 miles on 1/4 tank. I will finish the tank and record my MPG’s, but from what I can tell, it bumped up my milage. I ended up doing 432 miles before my light came on, when I filled up I did the math and managed 25.87 MPG. Since then I have been pulling over 400 miles before the fill up light came on. I am very pleased with the purchase of the Stealth Kit, I bought it for the lag in shifting from the 5AT, and I ended up getting better MPG’s as a bonus, it was definitely worth the purchase.

Below is a picture of it installed, there is only one point where you can tell it's there, that is behind the timing cover, right in front of the plenum. I will be tucking the wires better also, I know they can be put away better.

Attached Thumbnails SxExCx V2 (Stealth) Grounding Kit-imag0074.jpg  
Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
Thank for the feedback.

Are you sure there is a grounding kit in that pic? LOL

Old 04-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Excellent job Sean, theres just one wire (brake compartment) that I can still hide under the a/c line.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Anh
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by re-crue13

Just like anybody here, I was a bit skeptical about buying a Grounding Kit for my V35 Sedan. I would keep reading mixed reviews about 4 different grounding kits (Stillen, Sun-Auto, SxExCx, and GG), most negative reviews involved Stillen and Sun-Auto. That narrowed my search down to two kits, SxExCx and Grounding Gear. I still wasn’t fully sold on the idea of the kit since the car is only 5 years old, yet I kept leaning towards Sean’s kit only because he has one additional point, the Transmission. This was huge for me because I noticed the lag in shifting, especially from 2 - 3. Yet the reason I didn’t want one was because I didn’t want some tacky blue/red wires all over my bay, I want to keep it clean, then I stumbled upon the Stealth kit available in smoke, I really wanted one now. I kept doing research on the topic and got convinced only because I wanted the shift lag gone. It so happened that Sean was doing a deal on the kit so I got myself a set. I started the install the day after it arrived. WOW! the car ran great, shifting got noticeably better and throttle response is increased. Today I filled up reset the trip clock and went for a drive in the mountains, elevation changes between 5,500 (base) - 9,500 (up top). When I made it back to town I took a peek at my trip clock, I had gone 150 miles on 1/4 tank. I will finish the tank and record my MPG’s, but from what I can tell, it bumped up my milage. I ended up doing 432 miles before my light came on, when I filled up I did the math and managed 25.87 MPG. Since then I have been pulling over 400 miles before the fill up light came on. I am very pleased with the purchase of the Stealth Kit, I bought it for the lag in shifting from the 5AT, and I ended up getting better MPG’s as a bonus, it was definitely worth the purchase.

Below is a picture of it installed, there is only one point where you can tell it's there, that is behind the timing cover, right in front of the plenum. I will be tucking the wires better also, I know they can be put away better.
Originally Posted by SxExCx
Thank for the feedback.

Are you sure there is a grounding kit in that pic? LOL
This is a good writeup, but I have a few questions for both of you...

OP - What was your previous MPG before the grounding kit install? Also how long did it take you since it's a Stealth version of SxExCx's grounding kit?

SxExCx - Is the stealth version offered for the coupe as well?

Old 05-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
^yes, coupe and sedan engine bays are basically the same.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I was averaging 21-22 mpg's, even with my foot on the accelerator for a tank, I dont drop below 18.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im buying a kit just because it is all positive reviews and seems to help on the MPGs and looks cool

Old 01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Bump

Old 02-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by re-crue13

I kept leaning towards Sean’s kit only because he has one additional point, the Transmission.
I have GroundingGear on my car, and love it! BTW, I believe the GG kits have always had the transmission wire as I remember reading that GroundingGear developed it! Only thing they don't have is a Stealth kit AFAIK.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by ckg35
I have GroundingGear on my car, and love it! BTW, I believe the GG kits have always had the transmission wire as I remember reading that GroundingGear developed it! Only thing they don't have is a Stealth kit AFAIK.
I remember reading alod old thread from Sean saying that his kit was the same as GG, except he added one more point which was the tranny. I have to dig it out, but thats why I chose this kit.