Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Z1 Motorsports Mild Performance Clutch Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Z1 Motorsports Mild Performance Clutch Kit

Hey everyone, I am getting my car back from the shop tomorrow with a brand new Z1 Motorsports mild performance clutch kit! I own a 2003 G35 with 64k on it and the clutch throwout bearing was worn so I figured I would replace the whole thing with the Z1 Motorsports clutch assembly. I got the 6-puck disc option instead of the full face disc. I will update you all when I get it back!

The following users liked this post:
Z1Motorsports (11-09-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Update:

So, I have driven a grand total of 21.3 miles on my new clutch and I can tell a significant difference. Getting into first gear is kind of squirrely, I was close to stalling out a few times and the chatter everyone talks about with aftermarket clutches is definitely apparent. I have been driving very conservatively just to break it in a get used to it so most of the time I can avoid making rattling noises from stops. I can feel a big difference in the peddle, it is much easier to depress the clutch but the catch point seems to be in about the same place. When I heard that the kit was going to be more aggressive, I wasn't sure what that meant, but I can tell already that it has a lot more "get up and go" to it. Also, when I downshift, there is very little loss in RPMs compared to stock... very exciting! I can't wait until I get used to it and it is a little more broken in so I can go WOT with it. I can tell just from the few miles I have put on it that it'll be able to bring out much more aggressive performance when I want it to. So far, a very pleasing modification!

Question to anyone that has installed this clutch in their car: Does the so called "chatter" lessen after a while? Or is it something that I'll learn to eliminate from cleaner shifting?

On a side note, the guys at Z1 Motorsports are very helpful and show that they really care that their customers get the best product possible. I've called in several times asking different questions about mods and tech questions. Huge thumbs up to you guys!

More updates to follow

The following users liked this post:
Z1Motorsports (11-10-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Banned
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by GroundnPound

Question to anyone that has installed this clutch in their car: Does the so called "chatter" lessen after a while? Or is it something that I'll learn to eliminate from cleaner shifting?

On a side note, the guys at Z1 Motorsports are very helpful and show that they really care that their customers get the best product possible. I've called in several times asking different questions about mods and tech questions. Huge thumbs up to you guys!
Usually the chatter lessens a little as it breaks in, and also your driving habits will adapt to avoid it. After several thousand miles of driving mine I had to TRY to make it chatter.

Thanks for the kind words! Let me know if I can help you with anything else!
-Rob

Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Good to know.

Update:

So I have reached a whopping 40 miles and I'm getting used to shifting finally! The chatter is lessening as I learn the feel of it. I haven't pushed it still yet. I still want to get to about 200 miles before I do that. Still impressed, no change from yesterday.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey out of curiousity what did you do about your flywheel?