Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

MD 5/16 copper iso thermal spacer

Old 11-15-2011, 02:18 AM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
MD 5/16 copper iso thermal spacer

So I installed my spacer yesterday a lil after it arrived. It took me a lil over 2 hours for the whole install by myself. Would have had it done sooner but I started to run out of day light so in turn I was rushing myself to try to get done, which I hate doing when it comes to cars...When I put the copper TB plate on I over looked the supplied bolts to take the place of the shorter shock ones after I already had the upper plenum bolted down to proper tq settings. So I replaced them one by one. Then I took notice that the little rubber funnel to the oil fill cap was slightly in between the upper plenum and spacer, so I had to loosen all the bolts a tad to pull it out then tq'ed everything back down again. Other than that the install was quite easy and straight forward. One of the hardest parts was hooking both coolant lines back up to the TB, very little space to work with. After everything was buttoned up and the battery neg hooked back up, the car was fired up. Waited for the engine to warm up then went out for a quick drive to test it out. The exhaust sound is about the same but the intake sounds a little louder than before. As far as the power increase, I really didnt notice much other than alot better throttle response, better pull in the mid range, and a little more top end pull but not too much. Note, that I did not do an ECU reset. Dont know if that would do anything different or not. I have some HFC's coming here soon so I figured I would wait till then to do the reset.

All and all, this is a good easy little mod for the money. Plus, I'm sure if you have full exhaust, FI, or any other better than stock set up you would most likely see even better results. I would recommend this to anybody looking for an easy intake mod other than the usual CAI or Z-tube and drop in.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:21 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sounds good planning on putting on mine next week hopefully i will have the same results

Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by G408
sounds good planning on putting on mine next week hopefully i will have the same results
If you need help with install hit me up. I've done quite a few and can help you out. I'm located near SFO airport

Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually I'm just taking it to z car since I'm not really comfortable disassembling the engine lol. Only charging me an hour labor so it's not even worth trying to do myself lol

Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by G408
Actually I'm just taking it to z car since I'm not really comfortable disassembling the engine lol. Only charging me an hour labor so it's not even worth trying to do myself lol
Np. Say hello to Rob for me.
-Juan

Last edited by unvmyg; 01-10-2013 at 05:11 PM.