Reviews Reviews of specific modifications, posted by members

Motordyne TDX V2 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Motordyne TDX V2 Exhaust

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this great exhaust. Simply beautiful in appearance with large, burnt, rolled titanium tips. Super nice pipes and resonators as well.

The sound at idle is not too loud at all. In fact, I would say slightly louder than stock. Now, when you step on the pedal, that's entirely another story. She SCREAMS with a loud, deep growl at WOT. No rasp at all and just a simply beautiful exhaust tone. Deep, mean, exotic, and aggressive!!! A real head turner. Even when I start the car and give it a little gas, anyone around will definately give a glance over to see where that sound is coming from.

The biggest surprise to me was how deep the exhaust note is. I've seen numerous videos on Youtube and here on the exhaust, but none of them do it justice like when you hear it in person.

My hats off to Tony for providing such a beautiful part for our rides. Anyone that is on the fence about this exhaust shouldn't be. It's worth every penny if you ask me.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:31 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Agreed, the only thing I envy most for the coupe. Need tdx3 to be sedan edition lol

Old 01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
nice thanks for the review

Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys. The only thing I can say right now that I would improve upon would be that the exhaust tips could probably come out say..... 1 inch more. They're a little further back than the stock tips I think and to hide such nice titanium tips is a bummer. Perhaps they make an extension or something that would do this I don't really know at this point. Still sounds killer though. Just would like to have the tips more visable and out front more.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
+1 for extension.. I caught a joy ride with my boy serges.. Man that thing sounds beast with art pipes.. Thats diff on my list of things to get this year..but the tips are so niice and blue

Old 01-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
I made extensions for my Motordyne Gamma dual. I should post up a DIY on it.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Niice that will be great!

Old 01-07-2012, 02:25 AM
If you do make a DIY post the thread back on here so we can follow up

Old 01-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Glad you're happy with your exhaust. How do the tips look? I personally would hate to have to chop up that expensive exhaust to put in some extensions that wouldn't keep the look....

Old 01-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by Xet
Glad you're happy with your exhaust. How do the tips look? I personally would hate to have to chop up that expensive exhaust to put in some extensions that wouldn't keep the look....

The tips are adjustable. You can pull them off, put an extension, and readjust them.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts
I had the Tdx 2 and it wasnt loud enough so i got the shockwave and ART pipes still not loud enough LOL so i want to get FI Resonated TP

Old 01-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Princedrama
I had the Tdx 2 and it wasnt loud enough so i got the shockwave and ART pipes still not loud enough LOL so i want to get FI Resonated TP
Yeah, I actually thought the TDX would be louder than it is (at idle), but it's perfect for me. Since I have the Berk's HFC's attached as well, I'm sure that it makes it louder then just the TDX by itself. Regardless though, when you step on the pedal, it's plenty loud enough for me.

HenryLee~ I didn't know about the extensions they offered. Can you get them off the MD site? If so, that's something I'm definately going to do. Now if you're talking about the extensions to convert the 350Z TDX to the G35 Coupe, I of course installed that piece. I thought you meant an extension for the tips only??? My tips look exactly like the one you just put up. I'll try and snap a few shots now to show how far back they are in relation to the stock tips.Again, it's not THAT far back. But something I feel should be a little more upfront and extended to show off the sweet looking Titanium tips. Probably 1/2 to
1 inch would be nice. No biggie though. I'm just picky. The exhaust is still great!

Attached Thumbnails Motordyne TDX V2 Exhaust-tdx1.jpg   Motordyne TDX V2 Exhaust-tdx2.jpg   Motordyne TDX V2 Exhaust-tdx3.jpg  

Last edited by messinax; 01-07-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: added photos
Old 01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Xet
Hey Xet..... Sorry I missed your question. The tips look GREAT!!! I've posted a few pics where you can see them. The one Henry Lee posted looks the same as well. Top-notch stuff.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:56 AM
Old 06-11-2012, 02:53 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
^^^^---- is that how the tips usually sit after install?

Or is it more tucked? Im about to order this exhaust but I also need to know if I should get extensions if it sits like the stock exhaust.

I want it poking out a little to see the burnt blue tips.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motordyne TDX V2 Exhaust