Old 12-18-2004, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is This Easy To Instal And How Do You Instal The Grounding Kit

Old 12-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JTGAMBLE
Is This Easy To Instal And How Do You Instal The Grounding Kit
The basic 6 wire install usually takes an average of 35 minutes (record time of 15 min by one adept client), and has been done by many newbies with little wrenching skills. Even a few ladies have done their own: Hyper-Ground, even girls can do it!

The most difficult wire is the full length tranny wire developed by GroundingGear Ltd. since it requires that you get under the car. A Short-Tranny wire option is available that is very simple however and 90% as effective.

Old 01-03-2005, 11:37 AM
i'm not worried about installing the first 8 wires on my 5AT, but i was wondering just how hard it is to install the ECU and TCU wires since you have to take off a panel and go behind the glove box? i dont want to end up messing up the inside of my car

Old 01-03-2005, 12:04 PM
It's another hour of easy and fun work. You will be very glad you invested the time and light effort. The directions that someone else worked to produce to make this easy makes it a no brainer.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:27 PM
can anyone with a blue GroundingGear kit installed post a picture of what it looks like under the hood?

Old 03-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Grounding Gear Good to Go!

GordGee offers a very professional product at a better price than anyone I have seen. Very good to deal with as well.

As for the grounding gear, the wires are stamped with their numbers, making installation very easy. Results were good, throttle response was improved, and idle was smoother. My butt dyno is not calibrated fine enough to determine any torque/HP improvements (which should be approx 4-5, judging from other grounding systems) but the driving experience was overall improved and the price, professionalism and quality can't be beat!

Dave

Old 03-05-2005, 07:34 PM
i got my 10 wire kit for the sedan 5AT installed about two weeks ago and it made a huge difference in the shifting i would def recommend it to AT owners and the install was crazy easy, i actually had a harder time installing new parking lights cuz i couldnt figure out how to get them out for like 30 min. if you want to see what the red grounding looks like check it out here:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/772849/1

Old 03-06-2005, 02:19 AM
I can't wait...

(mine is 1/2 way here in shipping)

Though I would expect exactly zero HP/TQ improvement (I suspect people are assuming that based on Butt dynos due to the other improvements)

I would expect better idle, smoother overall, better/faster/smoother shifting in the AT

Old 03-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sickone, I see you finally got your G'Gear. Your Review

Great stuff, isn't it!

I'm getting interested in the plenum spacer now as well, but I'm going to see how that non-metallic one works out.

I'm going to take the liberty of pasting your GroundingGear review here, so it's all on one thread:

Sickone's Review:

Grounding Gear 5AT Performance System (pm GordGee on this bulletinboard)
This Mod ROCKS !!!, absolutely showed noticable improvment as soon as install
was done. Without a doubt a win all the way around. I got the full blown 10 wire
(7, +1, ECU, TCU) system. The car is smoother, it shifts like a madman.
Now being that for 25 years I have done microcontroller work with a lot of
sensor inputs, I knew it would improve things like smoothness, shifting etc.
I had no idea how much I would feel the improvement - Jaw Dropping...
PRO:........... Great performance improvement, absolutely great.
CON:........... NOT A SINGLE DOWNSIDE !!!
COST:.......... Depends on kit you buy, if you have an AT, get the full blown
10 wire. Send a message to Gordon for details.
INSTALL TIME:.. 120 minutes (also doing the connect to the tranny is a bitch
but well worth it)
Run, don't walk to get your Grounding Gear system. Don't bother with the others out there like Stillen, or Nismo, etc. Absolutely don't cheap out. Get the best kit available.

Old 03-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Administrator
GroundingGear™ Edition MazdaSpeed Miata

I just thought I’d post this consistent to the development of this thread:

I’ve been working with various New Car Dealerships in developing GroundingGear™ Signal Optimizing Systems for their vehicles.

For the past year, the Mazda Dealers have noticed the significant performance improvement that GroundingGear™ has made on certain of their cars. In particular, to the performance oriented MazdaSpeed Miata.

I’ve been equipping one dealership’s MazdaSpeed Miatas this way, and it’s been offered as a new car option, right from the showroom! Many of their MazdaSpeed Miatas sold at this dealership have been the GroundingGear™ Edition MazdaSpeed Miata, and though I’d love them to stay in the showroom to give me greater exposure, they sell out quickly, even in the midst of winter, when convertibles rarely sell.

Attached Thumbnails -05-dealer-option-1-copy.jpg   -05-dealer-view-copy.jpg  
Old 03-13-2005, 06:48 PM
congrats Gord

Old 03-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Grounding Gear

Just installed GroundingGear 7+1. Car starts stronger, Shifts are much crisper. Better idle. Car is much smoother. Wires nicely done. Service and follow up were excellent. Sent email to Gord asking for a picture to install one wire, the reply came 6 minutes later.
(Hindsight) Should have got the 10 wire!!!!

Old 03-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by gordgee
I just thought I’d post this consistent to the development of this thread:

I’ve been working with various New Car Dealerships in developing GroundingGear™ Signal Optimizing Systems for their vehicles.

For the past year, the Mazda Dealers have noticed the significant performance improvement that GroundingGear™ has made on certain of their cars. In particular, to the performance oriented MazdaSpeed Miata.
That's great. I love seeing regular people have businesses that knock out the overpriced big boys like Stealin', Nismo, etc.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by DaveB
That's great. I love seeing regular people have businesses that knock out the overpriced big boys like Stealin', Nismo, etc.
Thanks for the support. There are several Nissan Dealerships that also carry or can get NISMO and Stillen grounding kits. They have all now gone exclusively to GroundingGear™ Systems, and are happier with the product overall.

BTW, I just got confirmation from the Canadian Intellectual Property Office today.

In Canada, GroundingGear™ is now an officially registered Trademark, and is now GroundingGear® !

Only in Canada, eh?...Pity! (Nod to Red Rose Tea drinkers, for you Canucks that remember the Ads)

Old 03-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Red Rose, Coffee Crisp, and now Groundinggear.

Now if only Canadapost can get their act together...bah.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's GroundingGear®