Mechanical work in SD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any mechanic recommendations for window regulator replacement/evaluation?

Also, what repairs should I be aware of around 70k mileage?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Old 06-21-2013, 10:49 PM
any mechanic recommendations for window regulator replacement/evaluation?

Also, what repairs should I be aware of around 70k mileage?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Old 08-12-2013, 12:32 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Bump It up! Still doing installs every weekend!

Text me for quotes or if you have questions

858-three8two sixsix77

Old 08-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
word, dude's got the skills to pay the bills

Old 08-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
Grant...are you back in SD full time?

Old 08-12-2013, 02:10 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Yes Sean, back full time and working. Can only do side work on weekends now!

Just did a transgo on a Z Saturday, he drove down from Westwood.

Always willing to make the drive up there as long as they have a garage and pay for gas!

Old 08-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
^ word

Old 08-14-2013, 08:29 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Welcome back dude, glad you're in the area. Will be hitting you up once I get back stateside on some mechanical stuff I need doing.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Here is a summary of my experience with Kearny Mesa Infiniti over past 2 years
-3 oil changes no problems
-Passenger window warranty repair no problem
-Oil change and driver window repair BIG PROBLEM see Below

I brought my G35 Coupe for an oil change and warranty for passenger window motor replacement. When I received my car I drove 2 blocks and my entire center console lost power and AC stayed on full. I brought back to dealer immediately and left it for 1 day they said they looked at it and everything was fine. I picked up my car and my clock was a half hour off so I expected they had disconnected battery for testing. I drove car for 2 days with intermittent console issues and on third day car would not start in my driveway.

I jump started my car and returned to dealer and left it for 2 days for electrical testing. When I picked it up they told me that it may be console and that it was a recall part but not for my vehicle and my warranty company would not cover it. The next day I was stranded out of town and was forced to purchase a battery because jumpstart would not work. When I personally replaced with new battery on the side of the road the negative terminal came off in my hand with no tools. Upon closer inspection the clamp on cable was fully tight but stretched out so it would not properly connect. I returned to the dealer and my service rep had been fired that day. I requested a new rep and a meeting with service manager. I explained that at some point during the 3 visits someone may have disconnected terminal (clock was off 30 min).

The service manager looked at my file and said his best tech never touched my cables (event though it was there for 3 days with a mystery electrical problem. I said it must have been loose possibly causing console issue from lack of steady current. He said that they would surely have checked terminal but wound not be removing. I said please come and look at my car and see that terminal is now upside down so it could make good contact. He refused rudely and I told him he could "FU%$ OFF".

I immediately went to speak to Richard the General Manager who said he was already familiar with my car (do to negative feedback I left on survey). He said he was not a mechanic and when I asked him if he would be upset if his car was brought in for oil change and warranty but now needed $1500 in repair if he would be upset. He replied "I would never have that problem" I asked why? he stated he only drives brand new cars under warranty. I explained the reason I take my car to dealer is to avoid this type of problem.

He asked then what I wanted from him, I said to test console to see if it was actually broken (I had to get fixed elsewhere with good (Nissan Part). I also wanted proper console (I had to get chinese since car would not run and nissan part would take a week. I also wanted cost of labor to install proper console. He said to give him 48 hours to reply. In 48 hours I emailed him back he said give him a few more days, a week later I emailed him and said I need a reply and would not go away. He replied "are you threatening me" I replied "No" I am just letting you know I will keep going up the ladder until I get resolution. I never heard from Richard again (now months later). I am preparing to call (BBB, B.A.R., post on Yelp, Angie's list, G35/G37 driver websites, contacting Sunroad Automotive, Infinity USA and anywhere else I feel like. I have seen several other even more horrific stories about richard and the service department and feel that others are being screwed over on a daily basis and that it is giving Infinity a bad name as a result.

I will NEVER EVER go there again and warn any and all that they are better off going to an independent shop than Kearny Mesa Infiniti. Below find a copy of my letter to Richard for an amiable resolution to my problem, he of course did not offer even a car wash or an apology, Richard is a slick fast talking 2 faced used car salesman, a liar, a crook and should be a car detailer for a used car lot not the GM of a major dealership.

Hi Richard , as per your instructions below please find a list of parts and cost to properly complete the repair to my car.

Eric Ducharme
Infinity Fix 03 G35 Coupe

Below find list of parts I need to be satisfied that I have been properly treated as a valued customer. They include non OEM part, and battery, that I purchased to keep my car operational due to failure to diagnose battery terminal being loose.

New JDM console w/AC Circuit $335 + $30 ship (attached pic)
$365
Install $150
Sub $515
-New negative battery cable and terminal (or $ for part and install at another dealership)
-Test of old Radio console (so I can resell if OK) and paperwork that is ok or not (or $ for test at another dealership. (this will also show whether it was bad or not last week it was tested by your tech and was fine.

I would unfortunately, have to have terminal installed, future service, warranty repairs done and IPL purchase at another dealership as I feel I have warn out my welcome. I will have to travel 30 min from my house to do this which is unfortunately for us both.

I am not including-
-seat tear (done while window motor was being worked on)
-prior seat tear (first oil change 18 months ago)
-battery replacement ($150) Unnecessary done because I was stranded
-cost of non OEM console I had to purchase to keep car running $175
-$50 cost of cab to get battery while stranded

that is it, I would be satisfied with this result and would no longer give any bad feedback regarding your dealership or service. And would be happy to complete a survey that I am now satisfied and that you were very understanding, apoligetic and held my complete satisfaction as your top priority.

Again, I am sorry for being loud at your service manager, he did refuse to look at my battery terminal which I felt was ridiculous and pushed me over the edge. I would hope that the same amount of effort used to deflect blame and cover for incomplete work would be used to service the vehicle thus avoiding situations like this in the future.

Regards
Eric Ducharme
760-535-9768
xguru@email.com

Final Email

Hi Richard, thanks for not giving me any option except to go over your head and expose you and your service department as liars and **** poor service department.*
Get ready for a call from Infiniti USA(sent), Sunroad Auto(sent), BBB( sent), B.A.R.(sent).* Also check out yelp (sent) and Angie's list (sent) also G35 driver and G37 Driver blogs both will have my story of you and your Bullshit and your horrible service manager.* My story will add to the others already fuming about you and your **** poor practices.* I solved problem myself and fixed it with proper parts that you and your Best Tech were unable to do during the 3 days my car was in your dealership.* I hope you get your *** chewed and I hope my story will help others avoid being victim to your shitty dealership.* I will make sure that more of your time will be wasted than mine and that it will cost you more than resolving a simple request to make me a satisfied, valued CUSTOMER.
I am sure you will get yours as what comes around goes around, Karmas a Bitch.*

Old 09-06-2013, 11:09 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Why are you posting this in my thread? This is not a "rant about KM Infiniti" thread. We all know they suck.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 PM
GDup I am a newbie, I just posted to what I thought was similar problem, sorry.... I was trying to post SD mechanic thread, anyway need non Dealer mechanic for smaller stuff any help is appreciated
Eric
Planet X TV

Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 PM
I just got this fixed! I know I posted this a while ago and I'm glad somebody responded. I ended taking this to a local shop near my work in Poway. They did good work and seem to be very honest.

Their contact information is 858-486-2403, and ask to speak with Rich. Tell him Tommy with the G35 coupe recommended you.

I plan to have them as my preferred mechanic.

As it turns out, it was the motor, not the regulator. It cost me about 350 bucks to fix but I also fixed a few belts and my brakes, so it was quite a bit more.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Grant, you still have access to mount tires?

Old 05-05-2014, 02:16 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Bump it up! Still doing installs in SD!

Suspension, Brakes, TRANSGO, Exhaust, Plenum Spacers, Fender Rolling, Detailing and more!

Text is the best way to reach me: (8Five8) 38Two-Six6Seven7

Old 05-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey,

I'm new new to SD,

I live in PB, I need help with paint oxidation. Seems like the ocean air loves to eat away at cars around the beach. i'll shoot you a text

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mechanical work in SD