Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2006 | 09:25 PM
|
What the hell is Nissan thinking???

http://www.azhitman.com/?p=42

www.AltimaCoupe.com

Old 12-03-2006 | 09:47 PM
i dun see any problem with Nissan making a Altima Coupe, its not comparable with a G at all

Old 12-03-2006 | 10:55 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
I've seen pics of it around for a couple months now. It's a poor man's G. I would still buy a used G for the same amount.

Old 12-03-2006 | 11:49 PM
Saw the damn car today at the LA AUto show. That thing is fugly as hell not even close to the look of the G it's smaller and cheap looking. Well to me it looks cheap.

Old 12-04-2006 | 12:12 AM
RPL
I don't get it.

Old 12-04-2006 | 01:05 AM
Brian
I liked the fact that the G didn't look like the upscale big brother of any Nissan car, cept maybe the Z, and the Z looks quite a bit different on the exterior. Guess that won't be the case anymore, this Altima looks quite similar. And the V6 engine has 270hp and 258lbs of torque. That's so similar to a G it's scary. I only hope that the new coupe will be WAY above 300hp to really put the distance between a G and an Altima/Maxima.

If you blur the lines between your luxury brand and your economy brand, your luxury brand looses appeal! Nissan must know this?

Ever notice how similar the new Camry's look to the Lexus IS series? That's one of the things that turned me off about the IS350 when I was shopping for a car earlier this year. I like my car to be a bit unique...hate it when it may get confused for a lesser being (like a Nissan Altima).

Last edited by AthensBlueG; 12-04-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-04-2006 | 01:12 AM
Someone will buy it. So that's why they made it. Look at it this way- maybe those who can barely afford the G will opt for the cheaper Altima Coupe instead of stretching their dollars to buy a base model G and perhaps add more exclusivity to the G (?)
...just trying to think positive in preparation for the inevitable.

Old 12-04-2006 | 03:30 PM
u gotta point!!

Old 12-04-2006 | 05:32 PM
|
Yep -

And the new G Coupe is heads and shoulders above the Alty in appearances, so it's not a huge issue.

Now, the guys driving 03-07 G's might be a little concerned, but that's why manufacturers update cars - to sell newer ones.

Old 12-05-2006 | 12:48 AM
Brian
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Someone will buy it. So that's why they made it. Look at it this way- maybe those who can barely afford the G will opt for the cheaper Altima Coupe instead of stretching their dollars to buy a base model G and perhaps add more exclusivity to the G (?)
...just trying to think positive in preparation for the inevitable.

That is a pretty good point.

Old 12-05-2006 | 06:56 AM
looks like a volvo from the back...

Old 12-05-2006 | 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
I liked the fact that the G didn't look like the upscale big brother of any Nissan car, cept maybe the Z, and the Z looks quite a bit different on the exterior. Guess that won't be the case anymore, this Altima looks quite similar. And the V6 engine has 270hp and 258lbs of torque. That's so similar to a G it's scary. I only hope that the new coupe will be WAY above 300hp to really put the distance between a G and an Altima/Maxima.

If you blur the lines between your luxury brand and your economy brand, your luxury brand looses appeal! Nissan must know this?

Ever notice how similar the new Camry's look to the Lexus IS series? That's one of the things that turned me off about the IS350 when I was shopping for a car earlier this year. I like my car to be a bit unique...hate it when it may get confused for a lesser being (like a Nissan Altima).
The new camry looks NOTHING like the IS. Hell it doesn't even look like the ES much.

That aside, I don't like the Altima coupe. The lines on it don't flow well and it has the stance of a cheap car, something that makes a coupe just look bad. Perhaps with a different suspension, wheels, etc it may look better but you shouldn't have to add things to a car to make it look good.

Old 12-05-2006 | 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Neil
The new camry looks NOTHING like the IS. Hell it doesn't even look like the ES much.

That aside, I don't like the Altima coupe. The lines on it don't flow well and it has the stance of a cheap car, something that makes a coupe just look bad. Perhaps with a different suspension, wheels, etc it may look better but you shouldn't have to add things to a car to make it look good.
The first time I saw the new camry I noticed the IS resemblance. They still look the same to me. Its just like people thinking my debaged G coupe is a 350z.

Old 12-05-2006 | 09:59 PM
"The 2007 Lexus ES 350 is based on Toyota's popular Camry platform, as were the five generations before it, but this time, the near-luxury sedan stands apart from its down-market sibling." You must be confusing the ES with the IS because the IS has no platform similarities with any of Toyota's lineup.

Old 12-06-2006 | 10:29 AM
Traveling Administrator
The Camry resembles the IS??? That's a new one to me! They don't look remotely close to one another IMO. Like Neil said, you guys must of meant the ES not the IS.

As far as the new Alty Coupe for 08 is concerned, I think it's a great move by Nissan. The 08 G Coupe will look nothing like the Alty Coupe that is everyone seems so afraid of. It's amazing how many people are so paranoid that their G Coupe might be recognized as an Altima. Talk about insecurity or what.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What the hell is Nissan thinking???