SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

CIN Motorsports - TT build - They earned a customer for life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CIN Motorsports - TT build - They earned a customer for life

Before I tell you how happy I am with the tons of work I had done to my car by them I want to put something into context.

1. I'm kind of an a-hole in general (and CHEAP).
2. I'm a great BS detector.
3. I'm really picky when it comes to paying someone to do work to my car. Especially work that could end up costing me thousands more if one small thing isn't done right.
4. I'm technically savvy and I like to know all there is to know about what is bolted onto my car.

I like to work on my car (when it doesnt involve engine or tranny) but I let a few places work on my G35 locally while I was contemplating this project and I wasn't very impressed with any. I had small work done at the Nissan dealership and I was scared for my life after they did a tiny little bit of suspension work. Call it BS detection or just "smelling stupid", either way my spider senses were on full tilt. With good reason, when I went back over their work they had left out all the cotter pins to the suspension components they touched, even after I had pointed out the fact that the cotter pins werent in the night before when I checkd out the car. 600 bucks + half tank of gas for them to "troubleshoot" then fix a worn wheel bearing. The local Infiniti dealership did good work for me but I have very little patience for the pushy sale of unecessary maintenance and they tried to sell it ALL to me.

Anyways, CIN was close and it appeared that making Zs and Gs go fast was their specialty. A couple of conversations on the phone gave me the sense that they were straight shooters and knew their product. When we discussed an estimate I was surprised to see that they would ship my engine to TX and have IPP build it, not build it in house. Sean explained that they had seen quite a few of their engines come through the shop and they were always well built and due to local circumstances it would be cheaper, even with 300$ shipping each way. They also scratched some of the items I had on my wish list off and said "we dont feel this is an upgrade from OEM due to ...." so again saved me some money. That earned them some of my business right there so down went the deposit and the G disappeared into the garage.

Getting to know the guys in the shop during this whole process is what really sold me. I'm a huge pain in the a$$ but they were always pleasant when I dropped in to see how the project was coming along. Bobby would always stop what he was doing and point out progress, talk about next steps and then get as technical as he could when I started asking all the ins and outs to what they were doing and why. Realizing how meticulous the shop is with every component going onto your car just sets you at ease. A twin turbo project done "right" isnt chump change and there arent any guarantees but knowing how much attention to detail they put into the build, I *know* I got a fantastic "value". I could have spent less on a few things here and there but I'd be hard pressed to find someone who would put that amount of effort into making abolutely sure it's 100% because their name is on it. At the end of the day, I'd pay more for that EVERY TIME.

There's a common theme that you discover also when you begin to spend a little time there. There is always a car or two (sometimes the 1000+ HP Z?!?!) that are tracked quite a bit and when you talk to the guy who owns it it's always the same. "As soon as I found these guys that was it, they do all my work now and always will".

So built engine + what began as a JWT kit (I replaced 530BB turbos with GT28RS's which involved a ton of customization) + Giken racing clutch, Osiris tuned etc etc etc, I'm sitting at 525hp @ 12psi and that's pulling out some timing before 7k rpms just so the power would turn over pre-7k, just to be on the safe side. I couldn't be happier with their work! So much so that the wife's new car is now going to be a Nissan just so I can bug these guys when it needs work.

Anyways, if you are thinking about having some work done and are near Charlotte you should be talking to these guys! You'll be happy you did!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
def a good shop. had my g tuned after i built my high comp NA motor and ben tuned it to 310rwhp on a nonrev motor A++

Old 03-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I also had some work done on my G, great guys.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
yeah highly recommended to anyone in the southeast area. they can do just about anything and not to mention blow everyone out the water when it comes to the power they make off of tunes. Ben is the man!!

Old 10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Definately a good shop. They work a little slower than I like, but you can be sure its going to be done right.