January Izzle Foshizzle BBQ Meet!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
January Izzle Foshizzle BBQ Meet!

So...Is the January meet at Otto's BBQ still on?

There has being a problem I being noticing and for the guy's that are usually at the meet's you know what I mean:

For example when some people heard that t-shirts were going to be given away it seem as if they came out of their cave's and only attended the meet for that reason being. Now I'm not saying that all the new face's came out for that particular reason but we had a couple of new face's show to a meet and when they didn't received a shirt, never showed up again.

I guess I'm trying to send this out to all the new comer's that plan to attend future meet's, don't just show up expecting free handout's. We are all Infiniti and car enthusiast, we just ask to keep it real' when coming out, and make a effort to attend more often. And I really do hope we can make this a bigger and better thing.

I will be bringing prize's to the next meet! Most of all free prizes to raffle! So anyone can win.

Last edited by Bo bo the clown; 12-15-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:14 PM
lol the shirt im not sure what's the deal cuz i been bz with school and work so i havent had the time with jeremy. If it boils down ima just shell out 500$ and will order the shirts next year and just sell them at what they cost me. and yea all meets are still on freddy. It's just right now ppl been bz with the end of finals mainly and other's with car shows. But some of the new faces have been coming around and some old faces are usually around. I think in the beginning of the year or in february is when it'll happen again. Too many things happening with the new year coming along and what not.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 PM
I would love to make every meet but my job is crazy! but I try to make the ones I can, sry guys!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
im usually busy and i was actually really going to go to the last meet along with Ryan but as you may have heard i had a wild saturday night and it screwed me the following day haha. But i think you should charge ppl for the T-shirts, its not like were are a business or anything the Ts are to help support us money wise as well as by others seeing people wear them and get new members.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by thenameistuan
lol the shirt im not sure what's the deal cuz i been bz with school and work so i havent had the time with jeremy. If it boils down ima just shell out 500$ and will order the shirts next year and just sell them at what they cost me. and yea all meets are still on freddy. It's just right now ppl been bz with the end of finals mainly and other's with car shows. But some of the new faces have been coming around and some old faces are usually around. I think in the beginning of the year or in february is when it'll happen again. Too many things happening with the new year coming along and what not.
Well the whole reason behind this post is that I seen one of the guys i had seen at one of the previous meet's before, I went up to him said hi and when I asked him why hasn't he being showing up to the meet's he said "I just went for the shirt".

right there and then I wonder how many have done the same. The meet's aren't on me lol, but alex I will definitiely bring the prize's next meet you know so we can keep the meet's interesting!

Originally Posted by Latech08
I would love to make every meet but my job is crazy! but I try to make the ones I can, sry guys!
It's cool as long as you make it out once in a while!..hope to see you at the next meet.

Originally Posted by lilindienplaya
im usually busy and i was actually really going to go to the last meet along with Ryan but as you may have heard i had a wild saturday night and it screwed me the following day haha. But i think you should charge ppl for the T-shirts, its not like were are a business or anything the Ts are to help support us money wise as well as by others seeing people wear them and get new members.
As long as the people help support G35Driver.com is cool. You should come out at the next meet!

Old 12-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
i agree with freddy somewhat... but all i know is that i have been to every single meet even before there was a strictly g's. It seems that alot of people get busy with different things and you cant really hate on them for that...... but i know that i have told my manager that the first sunday of the month is the one day i will not work, it isnt hard, but hey everyone is in defferent situations, growing pains?? the one thing i do feel is weird is that we are all friends and we should hang out more often not just one sunday.... cuz me anthony and javier are always going out to car meets and car shows we even showed in one a few months back and lost horribly but we didnt giv a sh%$ we were chillin and havin fun and it seems like no one here likes to do that i think if we want to be a well known team we need to start actin like one and attend meets with other cars to represent our club not just our monthly meet where all the ppl that see our cars is US we need to go out around houston and show off a little bit i understand we want to b classy but come on lets go out a couple of times and let our cars do some talking. but that is just what i think. STRICTLY G'S bit**es

Old 12-16-2009, 01:34 AM
So when is this meet you guys speak of?

Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 AM
yea but u gotta think about this freddy I already said i wasn't gonna give shirts to ppl i've only seen once. You gotta earn the shirts man by coming. The shirts are gonna be free but to the ppl who actually try to make it out and improve the group as a whole. I'm not the brightest but i aint gonna get ripped from all the jockers and theifs in the Houston area. I gotta say honestly I try to welcome new members but if its not their thing then it just isn't don't hold it against them. I'll let us enjoy the fun dat's all I gotta say. Welps to make it a lil brighter one of my friends just bought a G he's prob gonna come to our next one so 1+ =D and im pretty sure you know him gabe. Its david jue

Old 12-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been busy but i should be free after new years...

Old 12-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
yea alex JUNTAO got a G but wat is messed up is he wrecked it yesterday or got rearended which sux

Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G_VQ3577
i think if we want to be a well known team we need to start actin like one and attend meets with other cars to represent our club not just our monthly meet where all the ppl that see our cars is US we need to go out around houston and show off a little bit i understand we want to b classy but come on lets go out a couple of times and let our cars do some talking. but that is just what i think. STRICTLY G'S bit**es
That's the longest run-on sentence I've seen in my life. lol I agree to this part though. The whole "avoid H-I meets" is somewhat like a double edge sword. It's great that we're not involved with some of the final outcome of some meets, but not all of H-I's meets are horrible. Hell, the H-I meets are what's helping to put Houston back on the map for shows like HIN and Import Reactor. I have no problems at all supporting H-I meets. I do however have a problem with how far most of them are for my broke *** to travel. I find going out to the bigger meets as a group helps to further showcase who we are and what we're about like for example Teak Ikon, Team 5*, SunWorks, etc and it also helps that we can network out to an even bigger group of people. Without them, meets would be kinda bleh instead of "OMGWTFBBQ! THAT WAS FCUKIN AWESOME!"

But I do agree about people only showing up for freebies. I find it a bit disrespectful if you're going to show up to one meet for a shirt and not show up anymore and support the group that's represented on that shirt. Kinda makes you a douche. IMO

I'll admit that I haven't been the greatest when it comes to attending meets, but not having a source of income for gas to drive to the other side of town for meets isn't exactly practical for me at the moment, but I try to make it out there when I can.

I unno. That's just my 2 pesos.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:11 PM
yea he told me LoL. And touche with what you said Alex about the bigger teams that actually bring out the ORIGINAL H-I . And trust me I won't judge a person for not showing at a meet. For the people who hasn't been going and comes outa no where then i'll know they were there b4 me because the other guys who came b4 me would tell me thats so and so im like O dope. But we'll also know who is that?? and we'll know if he's coming for a freebie or not. Trust me, if first at all you don't post then don't expect a shirt LoL

Old 12-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Yeah sorry guys as a sponsor i should be out at ever meet. But since getting back to my full-time career they've got me working 7am-midnight for the past month I'll definitely bring in the new year right and being at the meets on a regular basis.

In regards to any chump that only comes out for a shirt then bails out. Here's what I have to say...Don't even bother attending!! If you can't make an effort to show up and know at least a few of us on some type of personal level. Don't waste our time. I've been on 'driver since 2004 and while it's hard to get people in Houston together we've got a good thing going here we don't need to f&^k it up with peeps like you just wanting the free giveaways...

Like Gabe said we all can make arrangements. Albeit, there are folks who haven't attended a meet but have contributed a great deal e.g. soundmike (he helped with the design of the shirts.) b/c he has kids to take care of and it's hard to get away. Just my .02 cents.

Glad to see we have people still dedicated to the group! We have a great bunch of G enthusiasts!!

Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
if i can help let me know guys ive been to a few meets even helped some out with mods and led headlights like mine. I wish i was closer and things didnt always come up.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:42 AM
it's koo neil I know you live an hour away so its not like u could always do it all the time. But rest assure the big beach meet Ima try to drag every soul out to the beach.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: January Izzle Foshizzle BBQ Meet!