Sal's Auto Sport in Houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not, i was inquiring about your fender roll, how much did they charge and how long did it take?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:33 PM
I got some other stuff done too. They adjusted my rear camber and did a full alignment. Modified it a little bit so it would fit better. Was just over 200 for everything. I think the fender roll was like 70 though. I dropped it off at 12 and just went back at 5, so not sure. But he said about 3 hours to do it all.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:54 PM
I see, did they have any problems getting your car on the lift? You have a rear camber kit?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 AM
No problems that I know of, no scrapes or anything. And yes, I have SPC rear camber kit

Old 06-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nyckid
we do have a houston meet, its coming up on july 4th, don't you guys see the thread? will be at memorial park.

check the thread for more details.

Anyways brwn5454 what kind of car do you have? Good to know the reassurance about Sal's. Also do they do any mechanical/diagnostic work? I have overheating issues on my car and would like to have it checked out and fixed there as well if possible.

TXaarron and you never answered me. Since you pm'd me about fender rolling, I replied and suggested you try Sal's. I then ask you how your experience went and did you tell them I sent you. How many times do I have to repeat myself.
I see the meet thread...but I won't be there because my car will be at Sal's.

My car:

As far as diagnostic work...I would call Sal, talk to him about the issue and then let him take a look. He will attempt to do almost anything.

Let me know if I can be of any help!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:37 AM
I love the all black rims man. I hate chrome lips on black rims, but most people feel the same way about my ks rear....hahaha

Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM
brnw5454 thanks! cool, i guess i can ask Sal when i'm up there. much would rather do it this way than taking it to the damn infiniti dealerships.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Nice to meet you today nyckid.

How did everything turn out?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Props to Sal's.

Just got back from Uprev in Austin, Jared got 352/288 out of my car at ONLY 5 lb of boost (3.12 pulley). The boost is low because of two things:
1. I have an aftermarket underdrive pulley that is smaller...loss of boost.
2. Headers, test pipes and exhaust...means less boost...but power nonetheless.

I am impressed with the numbers relative to the boost. At 5 lbs. the blower is barely spinning, thus I will be putting the 2.87 pulley in, in a few weeks. Jared and I are expecting upwards of 370 rwhp at less than 9 lbs of boost. FTW.

Sal's did a wonderful job on the install of the kit and the goodies...I HIGHLY recommend Sal, Oscar and Daniel! Way to go guys!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I stumbled upon this thread and thought I would chime in about Sals

I recently got my springs, rear camber kit/toe kit, spacers, fenders rolled, and spacers installed at sals and I must say they did an awesome job. His shop was recommended to me by another g35driver member and I’m glad I listened to him. Sal worked on my car personally (as well as oscar) and they explained EVERYTHING to me about what they were doing and even helped me out on a few problems I was having with the car. Their customer service was top notch and I was pretty blown away by how friendly and knowledgeable they were.

A lot of places I took my previous car to don't even compare to sals and I will defiantly be recommending them to my friends as well as taking my car back to them in the future to get more work done. Much thanks to sal and co.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:47 AM
I see there truck at my school all the time. HBU. I always wanted to talk to them about getting some work done. Does any buddy know if they do any filling and body work?

Old 11-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
/\ +1 Does anyone know if this place does any paint/bodywork?

Sounds like this will be where i will be taking my car to get my drop ironed out... I've been messing around with it for awhile now and i haven't been able to get the alignment and the drop worked out the way i want it yet... hopefully soon.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by kricci11
/\ +1 Does anyone know if this place does any paint/bodywork?

Sounds like this will be where i will be taking my car to get my drop ironed out... I've been messing around with it for awhile now and i haven't been able to get the alignment and the drop worked out the way i want it yet... hopefully soon.
I don't believe they do body work or paint there from what I recall and I'm sure they can help you out on your drop.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Went up to Sal's today - scheduled an appointment for next weekend to dial in the drop and alignment...

They let me back in the shop and i was able to get under the car - Sal and everyone else were extremely friendly and knowledgable and they even ran my current alignment specs at no charge. They were extremely careful in getting my car on the rack as well - I highly recommend them and this will definitely be my new shop.

On a side note:
While under the car I also learned i have RAS - didn't know that - wish the muffler shop i took my car to have the HKS installed would have told me prior to "modifying" the exhaust to fit...

Old 12-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Can they do mounting and balancing and how much if they can?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sal's Auto Sport in Houston