Shop Day?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shop Day?

I’m trying to get a feel for who would want to do a shop day. At the 1st of the year I need to get my camber kit, sway bars, sounds system and HFC instilled and fix the infamous rear axle clicking noise fixed and have my side skirts put on better. I kind of want to do some of the work myself and thought maybe if we got enough people together a shop will let us use their lift. If not then I’m going to have Sal’s do the work. Would anyone want to do a shop day?

Old 11-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I installed my drop springs and rear camber kit myself, so if you need any help on the camber kit or sounds system hit me up. You will def need a dremel to modify the tow bolt hole for the rear camber kit.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^ +1 on that....I didn't dremel mine b/c i'm not that low to warrant the additional toe correction.

I'm interested in a shop day.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
I don't have anything to install right now - but would definitely be down to come and help out and watch...

Old 11-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I too would join even though I won't have any new parts for awhile.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Does any buddy know of a shop that would let us use there lift? Or any buddy have a lift in their house?!?!! lol

Old 11-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a friend that may have a lift available off of the Beltway and Hammerly. He may charge a rental fee and most likely you'll need to provide your own tools, since he's been having problems with people walking off with his stuff.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:43 PM
How many cars do you think we could bring by? Do you mind asking him what he might charge and if he minds? Thanks

Old 12-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I'll ask. It's a very small shop though. It's got enough room to fit two cars in it: One on the lift and one on jack stands right behind the lift.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:00 AM
My buddy Roger said that it's fine for you guys to use his shop and lift, but like I mentioned, you will need to provide your own hand tools/torque wrench/lights/etc. A few air tools will be provided if necessary, but if you break it, you buy it. (we'll work something out about that) He does ask for you to respect his wish that you keep the shop clean which includes not only the work area, but also the bathroom, and the office/lounge.

A little about the shop: Like I said, it's a small shop. It's about 2 cars wide, but 1/4 of the shop is the office/lounge while the other 1/4 is occupied by his project car of 7 years. There is a lift available that would be best suited for the car that would require the most work and there is space to fit another car on the floor behind that one. Only problem there is that space is going to be a little tight, but it's highly manageable/doable as long as everyone is careful. I believe there will be jack stands available if necessary for cars that'll need something simple like an oil change, brakes, or whatnot. The space right in front of the bay door can be used as a work area as well. Parking is a bit limited though since people have started to move into the business strip as of late. There is no central heating/AC in the shop though, so if you guys wanna do it during the winter time, bundle up or keep active while there unless you're naturally warm or you have your own built-in insulation.

Here's a few quick snippets/shots of the shop:

As you can see, the shop is pretty well organized/clean.

He asks when and for how long or how many days you guys would like to use the shop and how many people will be participating so that way he can work out a deal with you guys.

I believe there will be a grill available for you guys if you wanted to do some grilling for lunch/dinner.

So if you guys are ok with that, let me know so I can relay the message to him. But if you guys do decide to use his shop, he asks that you respect his property/wishes.

-Alex

Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks Nog. Shops looks good. I would really like to do a shop day here. IF we could get about 6 cars or so that would be great. Any one want to jump in on this?

Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
no one else is interested?

Old 12-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
like i said - i don't have any need currently, but am down to help others and just hang out. I have some tools to offer as well.

shop looks nice

Old 12-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Latech08
I installed my drop springs and rear camber kit myself, so if you need any help on the camber kit or sounds system hit me up. You will def need a dremel to modify the tow bolt hole for the rear camber kit.

How hard was it to install them? I think im going to install my Camber kit next week. Is it hard to modify the dremel?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Not to bad, I used the DIY's on the forum for a play by play. But the drimmeling was a lil tricky bc of the angles to get around some of the exhaust... but it just took some patience. The front springs for me was the worst part... trying to get the holes in the engine compartment to line up. but all in all it was a pretty smooth install.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shop Day?