F the Police

Old 05-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F the Police

Okay so i just wanted to check it out and see who else got pulled over last night and if you guys got any tickets. I got one for not having my front license plate on the dash and not the bumper.

I can believe that bull $hit. I was so pissed off. Well what can you do.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
the police was doing their job.. if ur state requires both front plate and rear plates then u should have put the plate in ur bumper.. what you can do now is either put the plate on ur bumper and have a cop sign it off saying u fixed it or just pay the fine

Old 05-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah I know and the screwed up thing is I ordered the bracket for it like tuesday night and wont be here til next week. I tried to tell the cop but he was like to bad and show the judge when I see him and they should just dismiss it. I just don't want to go to the damn court house once again. LOL

Old 05-01-2009, 12:10 PM
...we dont need roads...

Originally Posted by mx22o
the police was doing their job.. if ur state requires both front plate and rear plates then u should have put the plate in ur bumper.. what you can do now is either put the plate on ur bumper and have a cop sign it off saying u fixed it or just pay the fine
Doing there jobs bullsh1t!!! All they did was was have 6 or more cops sitting at one of the entrances to a local car meet and just give out no front plate tickets... Its a good thing no real crime was going on that night.....

And yes I got the ticket, at first I thought some how they got me for excessively speeding on the way to the meet.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Did they still let the cars park or did you all go home after that?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
...we dont need roads...

Because of my principles I stayed for the meet, as soon as they pulled me over three other cars got pulled over, what did they do you ask.... No front plate!

Old 05-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I thought they would of said something about all the people there but they never kicked any one out from just parking.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:13 PM
funny, i was leaving work around 6 and when i was pulling out from work there was a cop car driving by, i guess he heard my ballsy sounding intakes and exhaust and bam - he did a u-turn and pulled me over right in the main medical dr road. so i stop and 2 officers get out and one shouts step out of the car and keep your hands up.... so of course i did...did not feel like getting shot. so i get out and they have me put my hands on the car and then the officer cuffs me and puts me on my car. they run through the whole "got anything on you or in the car" bs. I repeatedly asked them WHAT DID I DO?!!! I told them over and over i wasnt speeding. They came up with some bs saying it was exhibition of speed. They then patted me down and kept me for 20 min. while one guy was holding me the other was checking my record in the popo mobile. he comes out and says "all hes got is a bunch of speeding tickets" i then replied in a smart as* way (prob wasnt a good idea) "wow, your right .but there all paid for so what you got on me"? They then began to ask me whats my problem. It was back and forth with the what did i do and them asking me whats my problem and why am i driving like that. So they then took the cuffs off me and let me go. ouch those damn things were tighter than a *****!

Just anotha day in the life of a THUG!

Attached Thumbnails F the Police-thuglife.jpg  

Last edited by JP1080INC; 05-01-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:02 PM
I got pulled over last Friday night on Broadway and Fulton for no front license plate. The cop was actually cool and just gave me a warning. This is probably some new crackdown that they are enforcing. I would advise not to drive your car at all even if you are going to have just a couple of beers cuz then you are just screwed.
As I understood it right from a DPS officer it is supposed to be illegal to be pulled over for just no front license plate because it is only considered a secondary offense. They need to pull you over for lets say at least speeding and then if you happen to have no front plate then they can give you a ticket. We should probably look into this a little more.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:52 PM
LMFAO!! Man that was **** up. It really was. But the picture had me laughin and rolling on the floor.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm pretty sure Texas Transportation Code says your license plate DOES NOT have to be mounted to the bumper. It only has to be displayed to the front of the vehicle, this means having it on your windshield is ok. If you got a ticket it's because the cop was being a SOB. I have more information on this stashed in my car, unfortunately my G is in the body shop. I'll post more on this later.

Texas Transportation Code section 502.404(a) requires that a motor vehicle "display two license plates, at the 'front' and rear of the vehicle." Tex. Transp. Code Ann. § 502.404(a). The code does not define the "front" of a vehicle.

In State v. Losoya, 128 S.W.3d 413 (Tex. App. - Austin 2004, pet. ref'd) the Court of Appeals decided an issue very similar to that of my callers. In Losoya, the police testified they had noticed a pickup did not have a license plate mounted on the front bumper. Instead, the plate was wedged between the dashboard and windshield. As a result, the police stopped the vehicle believing a traffic violation had occurred. At the suppression hearing the police officer added he could see the license plate in the truck's front window.

The court found the term "front" ambiguous and looked to other factors to determine the meaning of the code section. The court said:

"While a place to display the license plate is usually found on the front bumper, the statute does not expressly require the use of this location. The display of the plate in some other place or manner is not inconsistent with the language or purpose of the statute. The officers testified that they could see the license plate in the windshield. We conclude that Losoya's display of his front license plate in the manner shown here did not violate section 502.404(a) as to give the officers grounds to reasonably suspect a violation of that statute."

Old 05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Yo Rabbitt; you gotta show me that booklet and if that page is Highlighted in Super Bright Yellow so that when you whip it out....BAM makes the Popo stupid for pulling you over not having your license plate on you bumper.

My LiL Bro lives out ther in San Antonio and they sure are much worse in Profiling than they do here in Austin.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by JP1080INC
funny, i was leaving work around 6 and when i was pulling out from work there was a cop car driving by, i guess he heard my ballsy sounding intakes and exhaust and bam - he did a u-turn and pulled me over right in the main medical dr road. so i stop and 2 officers get out and one shouts step out of the car and keep your hands up.... so of course i did...did not feel like getting shot. so i get out and they have me put my hands on the car and then the officer cuffs me and puts me on my car. they run through the whole "got anything on you or in the car" bs. I repeatedly asked them WHAT DID I DO?!!! I told them over and over i wasnt speeding. They came up with some bs saying it was exhibition of speed. They then patted me down and kept me for 20 min. while one guy was holding me the other was checking my record in the popo mobile. he comes out and says "all hes got is a bunch of speeding tickets" i then replied in a smart as* way (prob wasnt a good idea) "wow, your right .but there all paid for so what you got on me"? They then began to ask me whats my problem. It was back and forth with the what did i do and them asking me whats my problem and why am i driving like that. So they then took the cuffs off me and let me go. ouch those damn things were tighter than a *****!

Just anotha day in the life of a THUG!
Wow, That's bullsh1t. Just curious, what's your racial/ethnic background?

Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Aaron
Well what can you do.
Ever consider putting the plate where it belongs?

I realize it sounds sooo silly, but you really should check into it...

Old 05-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by j 4 lD
Wow, That's bullsh1t. Just curious, what's your racial/ethnic background?

hispanic
thats prob why! they were gringos!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.