TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

2003 G35 Coupe Driver's side Window not working...*HELP!*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
easy take it to the dealer shop, anyways good luck

Old 10-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Banned
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
This is happening to my passenger side window! and im out of a warranty also... How much does it cost to buy the part's ill need to fix this? Is it a DIY job or dealer only?

Old 09-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 2005 Coupe Driver's side window motor rest help

Hey guys,
So my window motor died and I tore it down to clean it, but it was beyond repair. I got a new motor, installed it and it works like a champ... except I can't reset it for the life of me! I've tried doing the reset procedure a dozen times and it didn't work because it always managed to over-lift when I shut the door and motor down half-way. After experimenting with the procedure and disconnecting the motor and the battery, I finally found a reset "combination" that worked, sort of... I held the reset button while I shut the window then released the button and opened the window all the way. Now the door will shut without the window rolling down, however, the auto up/down function doesn't work and It doesn't drop down when I open the door and motor up when I shut it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reset it properly or fix the automatic stuff? I feel like I've tried everything and am out of ideas..
Thanks, Mike.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Need help please

Hi I have a 03 G35 coupe, and my passenger window was working but sometimes didnt go back up after putting it all the way down. Now my window is only making a clicking sound and is not going up. I dont know what to do really, i took off the panel and the metal panel to be able to see the motor and glass but now i dont know how to fix it or be able to tell if i need a new motor or not please help me. thank you

Old 04-02-2016, 08:28 PM
It happened to my 07G35.

Originally Posted by gizsf
The reset procedure isn't going to help you here.....

^^Thats what mine was doing. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. Banging worked most of the time but eventually you'll get to the point where you have to bang very hard ,and then it just doesn't do anything at alll. I also had issues with it rolling up slower or in a modulated speed sometimes. I tested my door switches, contacts. wires, etc. It ended up being that inside the motor..there are 2 contact "brushes" (small little spring loaded contacts) that were filthy with metal dust from use. I ended up taking the motor down into pieces, cleaning the inside, re-grease, put it back together and dropped it back into the door. It's been running strong since.
Wow! Great work!
I ll try cleaning procedure to my G35.
Thanks a lot!!

Old 12-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 Coupe Everything Stock
I have a 06 g35 coupe and my motor wont move the regulator. The regulator was full of crap so i cleaned it and now i can pull it up and down so that should be good. It still wont move it up, its like its too much for the motor. I havent cleaned the motor yet because it might just have a bad connection but I also noticed that on the wiring harness for the motor the orange pin 4 is supposed to be 10v and is only 3.5v. Do you think that its not getting enough power and if so what do you think could be taking away 6v. Or is it maybe supposed to be 3.5v when the switch is off then goes up to 10v when you press the switch. I havent tested that theory yet i just wanted to get an opinion or someone who can read the service manual better then i can. The red 5 pin right next to the orange 4 also needs 10v and is getting 10v. I dunno why the orange is only getting 3.5v.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:04 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Orange is the limit switch pulse which should be 5vdc, your meter likely has trouble reading the pulses so it only shows up as 3.5vdc. This is functioning normally.

Replied to your other thread with more detail, the only wires you should focus on are the BLUE and GREEN wire going to the motor. One should be 12vdc when you press the switch up and the other will be 12vdc when you press the switch down. If you have proper voltage then your window motor probably failed.