TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Tire Pressure Light On All the Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm considering taking it to the Nissan dealer near my work on my lunch break today.. Maybe they'll have an opinion or idea. I'll report back.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:44 AM
D'oh.. just remembered I have my g/f's car today, because I'm too lazy to disconnect my ScanGauge2 from my car to read her CEL. Have to swing by Advance to see if it's the EGR again, and if it is, I'm gonna beat up on the engine a bit on the drive home. It gets sticky, and she's afraid to really run the engine up through the revs, so the carbon loves to build up on it, it would seem.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by 35xnoob
same exact problem on my 08, it sounds like they need to do a recall on this...nobody can find the problem
if your under warranty still you can get it fix for free.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
if your under warranty still you can get it fix for free.
53k i wish it was still under warranty lol

Old 02-03-2012, 12:59 PM
On my '05 G35 sedan the TPMS light came on after a few miles into my first test drive before buying it. I'm new here to the forum by the way, hello. After I returned from the drive I said "sold" and mentioned the light and off this topic the notorious rocking driver seat track. They said they'd check it out. When it was done in the shop the salesman said the light was taken care of and that they had replaced the seat track at no charge to me. They replaced the seat track!! Any way, I got the car, just took delivery on Wednesday, and there it is. Couple miles after leaving the dealer the light came on. Happens every time after I start the car. All tire pressures checked okay. Then just last night I thought, what about the spare?? I saw its a full size and maybe that is the guilty party. Anyone ever checked? I'm going to tonight. Sorry for the long story.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:35 PM
the spare tire does not have a sensor on it, i really wish it was as simple as that lol, dealership wants 160 a tire to replace and reprogram my sensors

Old 02-05-2012, 02:23 PM
the spare tire does not have a sensor on it, i really wish it was as simple as that lol, dealership wants 160 a tire to replace and reprogram my sensors
I found it said that in the owners manual but did not specify if it was a space saver or full size. I have a feeling the previous owner rotated in the spare at one point leaving the wheel with the sensor in the trunk. Either way I'm sure you are right. The manual did not mention the spare having a sensor on either. Thanks for the reply.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by turismoslayer
I found it said that in the owners manual but did not specify if it was a space saver or full size. I have a feeling the previous owner rotated in the spare at one point leaving the wheel with the sensor in the trunk. Either way I'm sure you are right. The manual did not mention the spare having a sensor on either. Thanks for the reply.
Compare the valve stems of all 5 tires. One's with TPMS should have a metal stem, non TPMS are more likely to have just a rubber stem.

That's ridiculous. Check with Discount Tire Co, if you have any nearby, or any other major tire chain. Discount quoted something like $60 a wheel.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=Marlin84;6322308]Compare the valve stems of all 5 tires. One's with TPMS should have a metal stem, non TPMS are more likely to have just a rubber stem.

All of them had metal stems. The spare pressure was low. With all tires properly adjusted the light will still come on but seems like it takes longer. Hmmm...I guess from here we'll have to play it out till something comes up. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Went to the Nissan dealer near work yesterday, quoted me $250 per wheel to replace the pressure sensors and clear the light. I mentioned that my tire shop was concerned that there may be an issue with the computer itself, since their handheld device was able to determine that each wheel is still broadcasting a signal (though they were all slow to respond, which might mean that at least one is too weak for the TMPS receiver to pick up the signal..) The service write was very dismissive, as if to say "What would a tire shop know about a TPMS system? Only we here at Nissan can tell you what's wrong with your car."

When he said $250, I thought he might mean to diagnose and replace any of the sensors that needed replacing, whether it was 1 or 4.. When I had him clarify, and he said "per wheel", I would have spit my drink on him, had I been drinking anything. He even dismissed my inquiry about how long the internal batteries typically last on the sensors. I swear at one point he was about to try and tell me they don't have batteries, and stopped himself and said "They don't lose power, they just go bad." Nice enough guy to talk with, just definitely turned me off of ever bringing my car there for service.

I guess I'm gonna live with it until the next time I melt my tires off. I should get almost 2 more years out of all 4 tires, and have them wear out together this time. At that point, I might have enough saved to explore a wheel upgrade along with new rubber. I'll consider just getting 4 new sensors installed, if the wheels allow for it, but I'll probably just forgo paying $240 for a dummy safety system. I mean, it won't warn you unless you're really far off.. I don't want to get in a bad habit of thinking everything's great even though I could be running at 26 psi and destroying my shoulders. Manual inspection is hard to replace.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
You could do what I did on my Wifes Audi. Get the part number and hit up ebay. If it is in fact the TPMS then new ones will fix this problem. IF NOT, and its your computer then my way wont work. Once I got the part number I went to ebay, and I got a set of 4 TPMS for 150. I too was quoted 250 per wheel. 1000 dollars is honestly too much for them. With all the Nissans and G35's out there Im sure you can get a better deal.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
.. I can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

I'll look into it and report back here.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
D87
Originally Posted by c_morse
Infiniti G35 recommended tire pressure for a 2006 G35 Coupe, as found on the inside Driver's Door Sill, is 35 PSI both front and back.

Hope that helps.
So the 2006 coupe is different from the 2003 coupe? My 2003 says "30" all around. But then why do so many people recommend running in around 33?

Old 02-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this problem... turned out my passanger rear rim was crack so air was leaking slowly with the factor tires on the car. It got 10x worse when I replaced the tires with my Eagle GTs. It was cheaper for me to buy 4 custom wheels than 1 stock rim.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Same thing happens to my 06 coupe. When it was on the first time, I had a nail in my tire and it was like 20psi. Got the tire fixed and the light went off for a week and now its back on. Tires are perfect 35psi all around and ive been driving it like this for 3 months now. Light is still on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Light On All the Time