TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Tire Pressure Light On All the Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Pressure Light On All the Time

Hey guys, I have a 2006 G35 Coupe with stock wheels and semi-low profile Kumho tires riding at recommended tire pressure. I took the car to the dealer to have this issue looked at and they said it would be $150 to shut the light off, and they couldn't find any reason for it being on. Any thoughts on how I should proceed with this issue?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 AM
150 bucks just to turn it off? o.O while not finding any problem...? I would just drive with it for awhile, i have the same problem, but i know why mines on (no tire pressure sensors) its not that bad, at least until you find a reason why its on, why pay 150 bucks to ignore a problem, you know? and not to thread jack but if anyone has some pressure sensors for sale, PM ME PLZ!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes mine likes to stay on for no apparent reason. I did have a slow leaking tire which was what I thought the cause was, but sometimes it does it sporadically.

I find it usually comes on during a long drive, and here lately, my long drives have all been from north to south where I've been on the road for over 5 hours and the temperature is easily 10 degrees warmer from where I left, so it's possibly flipping out over the increase in pressure.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I had the same prob, its in part to the longer trips in which the termerature changes and the tires heat up.

Also its because on my 05 coupe it had lo pro tires with pressure sensors. They require Nitrogen pressure, the sensors detect a diff volume so they turn on the light. Hope that helps.

G out

Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
I found if I slightly over pressurize the tire the sensor light goes off. I **** the air out to the recommended 35psi.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
does anyone know how to reset the TPMS?

Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by usafdarkhorse
Sometimes mine likes to stay on for no apparent reason. I did have a slow leaking tire which was what I thought the cause was, but sometimes it does it sporadically.

I find it usually comes on during a long drive, and here lately, my long drives have all been from north to south where I've been on the road for over 5 hours and the temperature is easily 10 degrees warmer from where I left, so it's possibly flipping out over the increase in pressure.
omg!! that happens to me too on long drives. from LA to north cali. what i do is I pull over and let the car sit for a minute or two or turn off the car. then it goes away, but then comes back on... but this only happens in High elevation

Old 10-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
what is the tire pressure supposed to be in the car. mine came on last night with 25-26 psi all the way around

Old 10-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Infiniti G35 recommended tire pressure for a 2006 G35 Coupe, as found on the inside Driver's Door Sill, is 35 PSI both front and back.

Hope that helps.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
thanks ill check the door

Old 10-05-2010, 12:39 PM
If the light is steadily on (not flashing), just fill up the tires to 35 psi and ride around for 17 miles. It will go off. A steady light means it is communicating with all the sensors, and a tire(s) is low on air.

If the light is flashing, you will need the dealer or tire store to deal with this. This usually means the sensors need to be woken up with a hand held tool that is used for this. No amount of driving will ged rid of a flashing tire light.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:22 AM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
I had this same problem and even after verifying 35psi and riding all day I still had the light on. I took it to Infiniti and they told me they would check all my TPS, if they found one that is bad then I would have to replace it at my expense, but if they check good they will replace it all under warranty. They check good and they couldn't find what is causing the problem so they replaced all my TPS for free.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<Revive Thread>

My TPM light flashes for a minute after starting the car, then stays on steady. I've read that this is indicating a malfunction in the system. I had my tire shop check, and their tool showed that all the sensors are operating and sending signal, so they're thinking the issue is something with the computer.. I don't like the $ound of that! Anyone else run into this specific issue? I've been living with it like this for several months, because I know how to use a tire gauge, and I've never had a TPM system on a vehicle before, so I don't feel like it really leaves me any less safe. It's just annoying to have a nice vehicle that's always got a warning light on.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Marlin84
<Revive Thread>

My TPM light flashes for a minute after starting the car, then stays on steady. I've read that this is indicating a malfunction in the system.
Yep that exactly happens with mine. I haven't had it checked out yet though. It hasn't really bothered me either but I'm sure it'll become an eye sore in time. I also just got new tires last week and they replaced the TPMS with new ones and the light is still on. So I'm hoping it's the TPMS in the fronts. I'll be getting new front tires soon so hopefully it's a bad one up front.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:30 PM
same exact problem on my 08, it sounds like they need to do a recall on this...nobody can find the problem

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Light On All the Time