Osiris question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Osiris question

What's up guys. I'm sitting here laying out my winter mod plans and I've got a quick Osiris question for the gurus. Im planning on installing an MREV2 and 5/16th spacer. Is the car safe to daily drive (conservatively) with the base Osiris reflash as I wait on the tune to be updated? Thanks in advance guys.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Yes it will be fine.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:51 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Spacer and MREV2 are great mods but until you also upgrade your exhaust (HKS) the Osiris reflash isn't needed! Then a complete Osiris dyno tune will offer you the best gains, gains that will surprise you from a turn of the key! Winter in Japan?
Gary

Old 10-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Yes it will be fine.
Thanks!

Old 10-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Spacer and MREV2 are great mods but until you also upgrade your exhaust (HKS) the Osiris reflash isn't needed! Then a complete Osiris dyno tune will offer you the best gains, gains that will surprise you from a turn of the key! Winter in Japan?
Gary
Gary, thanks for the input! I plan on installing the exhaust first and then the spacer and MREV2 and flashing the tune. Figures it's best to get all the mods in place before the tune. I would love to get a dunk tune but there's only one Osiris tuner near me (2 1/2 hours away) and there's a language barrier.

Yep. Winters creeping up on is in Japan. It was 57 when I woke up this morning lol. 3 weeks ago I was in shorts and sweating lol.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by davewes
Gary, thanks for the input! I plan on installing the exhaust first and then the spacer and MREV2 and flashing the tune. Figures it's best to get all the mods in place before the tune. I would love to get a dunk tune but there's only one Osiris tuner near me (2 1/2 hours away) and there's a language barrier.
Yep. Winters creeping up on is in Japan. It was 57 when I woke up this morning lol. 3 weeks ago I was in shorts and sweating lol.
If you install the exhaust with HFCs, the MREV2 and spacer your G will run lean and begin throwing error codes! Flash tune might help or run OE cats until you get the dyno tune. Not sure what they use in Japan, or if they even bother with smog equipment? Language barrier, ask a friend to make the call and show up with your ride and $$
It's 55 degrees here in SoCal and almost 7:00 AM, I'll not give up wearing shorts until it's closer to the 40's
Gary

Old 10-13-2016, 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
If you install the exhaust with HFCs, the MREV2 and spacer your G will run lean and begin throwing error codes! Flash tune might help or run OE cats until you get the dyno tune. Not sure what they use in Japan, or if they even bother with smog equipment? Language barrier, ask a friend to make the call and show up with your ride and $$
It's 55 degrees here in SoCal and almost 7:00 AM, I'll not give up wearing shorts until it's closer to the 40's
Gary
Gary, keeping the stock cars for now. Art pipes or HFC's are on the list for later on. The Japanese tuners use a lot of stand alones and I'm not into that at this point yet. Maybe down the line.