iPhone & G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone & G35

The Apple iPhone is scheduled to come out soon. Question is, how well will it work with the G35? Some questions:

1. I assume that the iPhone's Bluetooth will work just fine with the G35, in terms of making & receiving calls, and also that iPhone will automatically stop playing music when a call comes in (it is advertised to do this), etc.?

2. Hopefully, the iPhone won't "erase" the programming of the Intelligent Key.

3. I wonder if it's possible to download the phonebook from the iPhone to the G35 (I doubt it).

I suppose it's too early to tell for now. The iPhone won't be out until this Friday (6/29). If there's any early adopters out there, post your thoughts!

(Note this thread is not intended to be about the pros/cons of the iPhone in general, but intended to discuss how well it will interace with the G35 in particular).

Last edited by randman; 06-26-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
o please not this with the i phone junk

Old 06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
In terms of functionality with the g35, I think one should treat the iPhone just like any other smart phone that's currently on the market.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my real question is as follows:

if you plug the ipod connector into the bottom of the iphone, will it disable all other features except ipod. the reason i question this is due to what happens when an ipod is connected to a proper ipod interface. my fiance has an ML350 benz with ipod connector. when she connects, the ipod's screen goes full white with a Mercedes logo, and all buttons/click wheel are inoperable.

if the above happens on the iphone, it may disable all other functions, including phone. hopefully Apple did some thinking about this and allow for ipod connectivity to a vehicle while allowing bluetooth connection to the same vehicle for phone capabilities.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:48 PM
one thing apple is not is stupid

Old 06-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by finagle69
my real question is as follows:
hopefully Apple did some thinking about this and allow for ipod connectivity to a vehicle while allowing bluetooth connection to the same vehicle for phone capabilities.
Yes, I would think so. If you look at one of the demoes in their web page, if you're listenting to the iPod through the headphones and a phone call comes in, the iPhone will automatically pause the music. Once the phone call is done, the music continues. I would think it would behave this way even if the phone is used via bluetooth.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by rocaveli
one thing apple is not is stupid
True.. just inconsiderate to the world outside of their products, I think it'll work just like the Ipod as far as the RCAs go and will probably work just fine with the car.. 3 days til someone is bound to find out

Kinda hoping for serious problems myself.. someone spending $600 on a phone haha

Old 06-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Given that the iPhone doesn't have hard keys that you can dial by feel, it's even more important that the G35 voice tags feature works and are not lost. I hope that the voice tag feature has been fixed (I read something about a fix in another thread).

Old 06-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by randman
The Apple iPhone is scheduled to come out soon. Question is, how well will it work with the G35? Some questions:

1. I assume that the iPhone's Bluetooth will work just fine with the G35, in terms of making & receiving calls, and also that iPhone will automatically stop playing music when a call comes in (it is advertised to do this), etc.?

2. Hopefully, the iPhone won't "erase" the programming of the Intelligent Key.

3. I wonder if it's possible to download the phonebook from the iPhone to the G35 (I doubt it).

I suppose it's too early to tell for now. The iPhone won't be out until this Friday (6/29). If there's any early adopters out there, post your thoughts!

(Note this thread is not intended to be about the pros/cons of the iPhone in general, but intended to discuss how well it will interace with the G35 in particular).
This will happen(until they fix it) to practically any cell phone device if placed near the intelligent key, remember that the iPHONE is still using the same frequencies/channels as other phones, TREOs, LG, etc.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by BlackGSedaN1027
This will happen(until they fix it) to practically any cell phone device if placed near the intelligent key, remember that the iPHONE is still using the same frequencies/channels as other phones, TREOs, LG, etc.
I wouldn't be surprised if some phones were more susceptible than others, based on make/casing and even possibly the protocol used (GSM, TDMA, etc.). Others who have left their phone next to their keys haven't had problems, while others' keys got messed up. Nevertheless, I'm not about to experiment with my keys!

Old 06-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, the local AT&T store ran out of 8GB iPhones tonite.

Anyone get an iPhone and test it on their G35 yet?

I found the following interesting:

http://www.bmwusa.com/owners/iphone

Would be nice if Infiniti provides at least iPod (or ideally iPhone) integration (maybe get the 2008 G35 solution to work with the 2007 G35)!

Old 06-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by suby01
o please not this with the i phone junk
Thank you . . . Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:08 PM
I got a 4gb version, but haven't taken it out to the car yet. Too busy playing with it now. It is pretty amazing and i am not easily impressed. I am practicing typing on it with this post.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the phone is pretty fantastic so far!

The keyboard is very intuitive and corrects almost all mistakes.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Premier Member

Whoa, just went to the apple website...Very interesting...I'll wait until they work out all the bugs and then I'll decide if I want it...The plans are going at 59.99 for only 450 minutes anytime and 200 text messaging...I'll wait...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPhone & G35