front suspension problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front suspension problem

I think something in my right front suspension is loose.

I have a stock 2007 G35x. Long story short I had some loose lug nuts which caused some wheel vibration.

After tightening up the lug nuts the car was tracking right, like it needed an alignment. I took the wheel off and discovered that the axle nut was loose. So I tightened that up to spec.

That improved things, but all is not OK.

Sometimes the car tracks straight, sometimes it pulls right. It comes and goes. There are no noises. The hub has no lateral play. If I hit a bump the steering wheel pulls/turns right.

The pulling doesn't seem correlated to the crown of the road, but bumps seem to accentuate the pulling.

I took the car to a garage and they said the car dives fine. So maybe I'm loosing my mind.

Does anyone got an idea what this problem might be? I'm thinking that something else besides the axle nut shook loose.

Thanks for your help,
Jon

Old 06-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Have you had any hard front slams lately that may have tweaked your alignment? I'd get your alignment checked and while they're at it check all suspension nuts/bolts for anything amiss. Good Luck.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Have you had any hard front slams lately that may have tweaked your alignment? I'd get your alignment checked and while they're at it check all suspension nuts/bolts for anything amiss. Good Luck.
No hard slams. And sometimes the car tracks perfectly straight. Sometimes it pulls to the right. I'm thinking an alignment problem would be more consistent.

I took it to a garage today and asked them to check out the front suspension. When I picked up the car they said they drove it and it was fine. They didn't even put the car up on the lift. Grr.

At least it didn't cost me anything, I just wasted my time.