DIY: KPtechnologies Remote Window Up Module - 2007 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
DIY: KPtechnologies Remote Window Up Module - 2007 Sedan

Here is a guide to installing the KPtechnologies Remote Window Up module from www.KPtechnologies.com. This module allows you to remotely raise the windows with the OEM remote, a great compliment to the ability to lower the windows that is a feature of the car from the factory.

First, remove the door panel (https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...78#post2848178)

With the door panel removed, 4 out of the 5 wires are already exposed. However, to get to the fifth wire we'll need to dig a bit.

Start by removing these (6) 10mm bolts:

With the bolts out gently pry the interior metal plate way from the door, at the back of the door (towards the back of the car). With the panel loosened you will be able to free the plastic piece that the door handle and lock cables go through. With this piece free you can slide it down the cables.

This is the piece we are after:

Here it is slid down the cable a bit:

With that piece out of the way look in to the cavity and you'll see a bundle of wires!

There is a clip that you'll need to remove to get access to the wires - I used the same upholstry removal tool I used in the door panel removal thread.

Once that clip is out, you can pull the wires through the opening and work with them.

Before splicing the wire drill a 1/8" hole in the plastic piece, right above the top cable. Route the blue wire from the KPtechnologies module through this hole like so:

Finally, connect the blue wire to the light green wire inside the door making sure you route the wire in a way that it will NOT get caught by the window. I routed the wire behind all the cables and everything else I could find, and then left some slack. It would be a good idea to move the window up and down at this point to verify clearance (you have to plug the window switch back in):

Once the wire is soldered (our highly recomended way to spice) make sure you put the clip back in place, and make sure the new wire won't get caught by the window (I can't stress this enough).

From here on out it is smooth sailing!

Connect the red and black wires from the KPtech module to the yellow and black wires of the 3 pin connector (The KPtech wire looks orange in the pic, it is in fact RED).

Then connect the KPtech modules yellow and green wires to the big harnesses thick sky blue and thin purple wire:

Now, test the module by plugging everything back in and pressing the "LOCK" button, releaseing it, then pressing and releaseing it again within 1 second (leave adequate time between presses so that the door actually locks twice). Likely, if everything is connected correctly all the windows BUT the drivers side will go up. This is because the window controller was unplugged and lost its anti pinch programming. Run the drivers window all the way down, holding the "DOWN" button for 5 seconds once its down and then run it all the way up, holding the "UP" button for 5 seconds once its up. Repeat this 3 times or so and the window should be programmed again (and the OEM one touch feature will work again).

Now, since everything is working put the door back together! I left the module right below the finisher so that it can be accessed without pulling the door panel off:

Put the door back together just as you took it off and enjoy your new module!

Last edited by KPierson; 03-30-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Banned
I will add a video hopefully later today.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Great stuff...

Old 03-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have installed this module & it works great!!! with the above instructions, it is a very easy install.

my thoughts on the module...

I installed the keyhole delete:

https://g35driver.com/forums/questionable-posts/184877-diy-drivers-side-door-key-hole-cover.html

so for me, the only way to roll the windows up, was to get in the car...turn on the accessories and then roll them up. now i just look at the car...grab my remote...click click..and up go all the windows!

it is really nice being able to roll up all the windows without getting back in the car.

Last edited by stanfna; 03-30-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will it also close the sunroof if thats open?

Old 03-30-2008, 03:12 PM
No...I think they have a separate module for that.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Banned
This module only does the windows - we don't currently have a sunroof module.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:56 PM
ckp
ow much is this module??

Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned
It's only $49.99 now, available at www.KPtechnologies.com

Old 03-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Banned
Here is a video of the module in action!

http://www.youtube.com/v/bdw9WXqG7Ws

Last edited by KPierson; 03-30-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:53 PM
ckp
^good video. does it also open the windows or only close them with the key fob?

Old 03-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Banned
You can already open them by holding down the "UNLOCK" button on the keyfob.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KPierson
You can already open them by holding down the "UNLOCK" button on the keyfob.

Haha i never knew that. thanks!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm very interested but...just like most people, i'm a bit hesitant to tear up my door panels, etc. And I get slightly concerned when I see things like "make sure the wire doesnt get stuck in the window"...er.. ok, 1)how do i do that, 2) what do i do if it does get stuck, etc.

I've been paying attention to other KPtech threads, and I do appreciate your decision to make instructions "as generic as possible" so they apply to as many cars as possible but.. you should know that the vague instructions (not that these are vague, they seem pretty straightforward) turn off alot of prospective buyers and I dont think you'd need more than one or two extra buyers to make back the money you'd lose in writing a more detailed DIY: if you make $10 off of each module, and a detailed DIY make TWO people more likely to buy your module, you've made $20, which is pretty damn good for the extra hour it would take to make detailed instructions.

I think a detailed DIY with videos, pics, etc would multiply your sales exponentially...and would take this mod from being a pretty serious car stripping, electrical rewiring mod to a much more introductory one anyone can do.

I appreciate that you've "been in the stereo business for decades" and so all this seems simple to you but...you're in the business of selling to others, not to yourself, and even a 'simple' soldering turns off many prospective buyers unless it's very detailed. I don't think you have a right to assume anything is simple, considering that you yourself probably dont possess much knowledge in fields I consider rudimentary: what if doctors refused to give proper explanations of a drug or a procedure's mode of action because they considered the concepts of genetics or biochemistry too simple to go into? Similar principle.

That said, I'm not a stranger to wiring: I'm a pretty big tech head, i make my own computers, fix electrical appliances, pcs, printers, speakers, etc.
Nothing i've ever worked on, however, is worth $40,000, and I'm someone that likes to be backed by pages and pages of detailed instructions in case stuff goes wrong.

So.. I will buy both this and your nav-ok-bypass module the day you post the improved instructions.

Last edited by rocaveli; 03-31-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I was nervous about taking my car apart too...but i wanted these modules! So i just decided to go for it. i figured if i broke anything, i could just buy a new one! Anyways...I was one of the original testers installing both of these and i had no problem installing them. if you want them, buy them! KPTechnologies will point you towards all the install info you need and they are very helpful!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY: KPtechnologies Remote Window Up Module - 2007 Sedan