BEST Y-pipe to match OEM sedan mid pipe-to-Tenabe axle-back??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEST Y-pipe to match OEM sedan mid pipe-to-Tenabe axle-back??

V36 2007 G35S (HR) 100% Stock, 85k miles.

So I'm ordering the Tenabe axle-back due to affordability, quality, and non-intrusive sound even with HFCs (I plan to buy Berk HFCs in the future)

I'm wondering which Y-pipe will match the OEM mid pipe the best as far as piping diameter. I realize this isn't a huge power increase, but the OEM Y-pipe looks heavy, old and restrictive. I've already had to worm clamp 2 of the heat shields for rattles, so its showing its age.

I've done plenty of searching, so far I'm seeing that the Tenabe Y-pipe is 70mm, which is close but most others are 3" which is nuts (Megan/XYZ, etc).

I think the mid pipe is roughly 60mm based on reading? I haven't put my car on a lift to measure the circumference and divide by 3.14 to get an exact number for the OEM midpipe collector so PLEASE POST THAT NUMBER HERE IF YOURE CERTAIN OF ITS SIZE.

I wish there was an exhaust thread with exact piping sizes for every piece of exhaust for these cars... Damn that'd be helpful! Maybe I just haven't found it...

Please point me toward a Y-pipe that has a collector very similar to that of the OEM V36 sedan mid pipe, that's the goal here!

Thanks guys

Old 02-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like 60mm/2.36" is the mid pipes size where it meets the Y-pipe... So I'm looking for a 60mm(ish) y-pipe...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.