V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Bored on a friday: 4 LED-drl's installed on sport bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Bored on a friday: 4 LED-drl's installed on sport bumper

Well I was really bored on friday and decided to install these 4-LED drl's that I had sitting in my room. I really like how they look specially at night since they're not huge or like a big strip of leds. I spliced the wiring to the parking lights, I think it was the easiest route. I just hate that this bumper doesn't have fog lights or nothing.

Name:  8A8FB7BB.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  214.5 KB
Name:  AF1A1943.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  272.9 KB
Name:  FEF6001A.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  201.5 KB
Name:  95BCC33B.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  269.9 KB
Name:  42111B76.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  140.2 KB
Name:  8BD4DAC0.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  133.8 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
8A8FB7BB.jpg (214.5 KB, 91 views)
AF1A1943.jpg (272.9 KB, 111 views)
FEF6001A.jpg (201.5 KB, 99 views)
95BCC33B.jpg (269.9 KB, 120 views)
42111B76.jpg (140.2 KB, 104 views)
8BD4DAC0.jpg (133.8 KB, 94 views)
Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think it looks pretty good. which lights did you go with?

Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
those look so bright, nice

Old 11-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by ProKiller
i think it looks pretty good. which lights did you go with?
they are 4 led Drl's from ebay I think they were like $14 or something like that.

Name:  EF95F074.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  81.4 KB

Attached Images
EF95F074.jpg (81.4 KB, 104 views)
Old 11-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Adro
those look so bright, nice
yeah they look really bright on the pics for some reason

Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
damn how many leds on those SMD parking lights. those are bright as hell

Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Thats pretty good for 4 led. Nice work

Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys! It does look pretty nice specially at night. They are pretty bright for just 4 LED

Old 02-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a bad idea. I was considering doing some drl's myself, I think the bumper needs a little something without there being fog lights. I think I'm going to get one of those wiring kits that tie into the battery and are always one with the car rather than splice into other wiring. They'll be timed to shut off with my headlights and such then, too.

I've got an ivory pearl G as well, and have been thinking about blacking out my grill. I like how yours looks. Is that CF wrapped, or black? What did you use..paint, wrap, plastidip?

Attached Thumbnails Bored on a friday: 4 LED-drl's installed on sport bumper-20130126_132012.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle_Bub
Not a bad idea. I was considering doing some drl's myself, I think the bumper needs a little something without there being fog lights. I think I'm going to get one of those wiring kits that tie into the battery and are always one with the car rather than splice into other wiring. They'll be timed to shut off with my headlights and such then, too.

I've got an ivory pearl G as well, and have been thinking about blacking out my grill. I like how yours looks. Is that CF wrapped, or black? What did you use..paint, wrap, plastidip?
G is looking clean!! About the LEDs I was gonna do the same with the actual DRL kit but I didnt wanted to wait but I think is better tho. The grill was painted with regular Glossy black car paint with clear. They charged me $60 to paint the grill and the rear diffuser, it looks better than the matte plastidip look IMO. Any future plans with yours?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
It looks a helluva lot cleaner now, that was right before I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I've since done some serious paint cleaning, that baby is like glass now!

I do like the glossy black a little better than the matte I think, but the perk is that I can pull the plasti dip off if I ever want chrome back on there. Got some thinking to do on that one.

How did you attach those leds? Did you drill through the faux vent or attach them to the upper lip of the vent area?

I'd like to get headlight and taillight overlays (considered painting the headlight shroud, but I think I'm opting for overlays instead) for a little more contrast, and probably a rear valence overlay (either CF or black). I'd like to add short ram or CAI for a little deeper voice, and maybe a few years down the road a new exhaust system. We shall see.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:38 PM
It looks a helluva lot cleaner now, that was right before I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I've since done some serious paint cleaning, that baby is like glass now!

I do like the glossy black a little better than the matte I think, but the perk is that I can pull the plasti dip off if I ever want chrome back on there. Got some thinking to do on that one.

How did you attach those leds? Did you drill through the faux vent or attach them to the upper lip of the vent area?

I'd like to get headlight and taillight overlays (considered painting the headlight shroud, but I think I'm opting for overlays instead) for a little more contrast, and probably a rear valence overlay (either CF or black). I'd like to add short ram or CAI for a little deeper voice, and maybe a few years down the road a new exhaust system. We shall see.
I hear ya on the plastidip. I used extra strength 3M double sided tape and attached them to the top part of the faux vents. I didnt want to drill the bumper. I did drill a tiny hole on the faux vent for the wires. Blacking out my headlights is on my to-do list. I did the overlay on my taillights and painted my rear valence glossy black. Here's a link of how mine looks right now. https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-int...ainted-ip.html I have the Stillen gen3 intake and Topspeed y-back exhaust and I love it!! intake definitely gives you some power on the mid to top range. Im also dropped on H&Rs springs.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Your car looks great dude, dang. I love the valence, slims down the butt on the G and looks sportier. Really really like that lip spoiler, too, especially with everything being painted IP. I may or may not steal that idea a few years in the future! I've been browsing for a lip spoiler but haven't come across one like that. What overlay did you do on the taillights? Bluebatmobile on this site has some good taillight overlays, I was looking at those. Not sure I like his headlight overlays as well, though.
I'm starting to stash back a little extra lettuce to be able to get an exhaust. I was looking at Injen CAI, but I certainly haven't decided yet. Need to decide which is the sound that suits me best for the exhaust, too. What did springs run you? Yet another item I'd like to have in the next couple year, as I certainly mine would look better dropped a bit.

Last edited by Uncle_Bub; 02-12-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Your car looks great dude, dang. I love the valence, slims down the butt on the G and looks sportier. Reall reallyy like that lip spoiler, too, especially with everything being painted IP. I may or may not steal that idea in the future! I've been browsing for a lip spoiler but haven't come across one like that. What overlay did you do on the taillights?
I'm starting to stash back a little extra lettuce to be able to get an exhaust. I was looking at Injen CAI, but I certainly haven't decided yet. Need to decide which is the sound that suits me best for the exhaust, too. What di those springs run you? Yet another item I'd like to have in the next couple years. I certainly mine would look better dropped a bit.
Thanks a lot!! It took me a while to decide on a spoiler until I came across the Stillen one. It looks great only if you get rid of the chrome trim!! On the taillights my buddy owns a tint shop in Orlando, he used some vinyl thats made for that. I have the Topspeed exhaust and I love it but I think is a little on the quiet side. It is like $500 brand new I found mine with a month of use for $270 in craigslist. on the springs Im running H&R springs with 20mm wheel spacers all around. The ride is great on those man it feels like the stock springs. Even my wife drives the car and she hates lowered cars. it just doesn't feel lowered. I recommend buying everything here on the forum you'll find some great deals every now and then, like my intake that I bought from a member here for $250 (value is $500 new)

Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Your car looks great dude, dang. I love the valence, slims down the butt on the G and looks sportier. Really really like that lip spoiler, too, especially with everything being painted IP. I may or may not steal that idea a few years in the future! I've been browsing for a lip spoiler but haven't come across one like that. What overlay did you do on the taillights? Bluebatmobile on this site has some good taillight overlays, I was looking at those. Not sure I like his headlight overlays as well, though.
I'm starting to stash back a little extra lettuce to be able to get an exhaust. I was looking at Injen CAI, but I certainly haven't decided yet. Need to decide which is the sound that suits me best for the exhaust, too. What did springs run you? Yet another item I'd like to have in the next couple year, as I certainly mine would look better dropped a bit.
Here is a link of an exhaust video that I posted in youtube