V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Seat Heater Switch Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Seat Heater Switch Upgrade

One of my seat heater switches went, so instead of replacing it with the stock part, I chose to replace both switches with the switches from a Nissan Juke. Two lights (one for high, one for low) instead of one, a nicer finish, and they glow red (not white) at night. The pin outs between the G35 and Juke switches are almost identical. The only difference appears to be related to the 2nd light. Also, I had to remove a rib in one of the connectors in the wiring harness to get the new switch to physically fit (see first picture). I couldn't find a current rating on either the old or new switch, so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. The right way to do this would be to measure the current on the high and low settings and make sure that's well under the switch rating. My car was about 3.5 amps for high passenger side, and 2.2 for high drivers side (which explains why the passenger side is always hotter) for about 6 amps total. The seat heater circuit in the Juke is fused with a 15 amp fuse, so you would expect the switches to be rated for at least this. The internal construction looks exactly the same, and my guess is the Juke actually pulls more current (based on how crazy hot the seats get). Nissan part number is 25500-1EA1A. The resistance of both old (good) and new switches in the closed position appears to be the same, ~0.2 Ohms. I've had the Juke switches in for about 2 months with no problems (driver seat actually seems to get hotter, but that's probably because the old switch was going bad).

Attached Thumbnails Seat Heater Switch Upgrade-seat_heater_wiring_harness.jpg   Seat Heater Switch Upgrade-seat_heater_switch.jpg