V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Changing Out Trim Accents(Woodgrain)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing Out Trim Accents(Woodgrain)

I already know that not every G35 Sedan isnt going to have this horrible woodgrain accent trim inside the car, but I have been finding a great deal on my quest before purchase.

Has anyone taken on the job of changing these trim pieces to a different color that infiniti may offer? Was it expensive to find and hard to do, or should I just go with a car that doesnt have the wood trim in it from the beginning??

Old 09-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Old 09-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Thank for that... I just read it, I'll just buy one without wood trim in it.... if i can... Too much work! lol

Old 09-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by JPerkMr954
Thank for that... I just read it, I'll just buy one without wood trim in it.... if i can... Too much work! lol

it's not hard at all. I swapped my oem washi aluminum with the g37 maple trim.

If you do end up buying the one with the wood, let me know, I'll sell you all my aluminum trim

Old 09-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by aktif8
it's not hard at all. I swapped my oem washi aluminum with the g37 maple trim.

If you do end up buying the one with the wood, let me know, I'll sell you all my aluminum trim
Does the sell include installation?

Old 09-13-2013, 05:31 PM

I'll sell you all my aluminum trim
Why would he do that?
I'm sure he could find plenty of folks who'd gladly give him their aluminum trim + $$ if he were ever to take wood trim off of a car and do a swap.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Why would he do that?
I'm sure he could find plenty of folks who'd gladly give him their aluminum trim + $$ if he were ever to take wood trim off of a car and do a swap.

07-09 wood? Ha. Good luck with that. I've seen plenty of people switch to aluminum. I've never seen or heard of a single person that actually sought out the wood trim from those yeara, but ymmv I suppose. Aesthetics notwithstanding, if rarity turns you on, I suppos3 a certain type of person could find it desirable. Personally, i couldnt agree more with the op.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:00 PM
07-09 wood? Ha. Good luck with that. I've seen plenty of people switch to aluminum. I've never seen or heard of a single person that actually sought out the wood trim from those years, but ymmv I suppose. Aesthetics notwithstanding, if rarity turns you on, I suppos3 a certain type of person could find it desirable. Personally, i couldnt agree more with the op.
Not exactly my cup of tea either, but it WAS a luxury feature that was unavailable on Sport models, so their owners are the most likely targets. As far as never having seen those desiring it before, just look at where I also mentioned the idea in the thread I linked above and, as you can clearly see in the later part of the thread, a willing donor of the metal pieces arrived in no time.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Not exactly my cup of tea either, but it WAS a luxury feature that was unavailable on Sport models, so their owners are the most likely targets. As far as never having seen those desiring it before, just look at where I also mentioned the idea in the thread I linked above and, as you can clearly see in the later part of the thread, a willing donor of the metal pieces arrived in no time.
I humbly stand corrected, but MAN that 07-08 wood is ugly. Looks like it belongs in a first-gen lexus ls or something I'm shocked anyone would actually want it in this car, but there's no accounting for taste...