V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

G37 shift console / armrest in V36 G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 shift console / armrest in V36 G35?

Has anyone done this? Have a center shift console from a 2012 G37 sedan and thinking about putting it into my 2008 G35S.

The easy problems:
-Front 12V power socket uses 3-prong socketed plug in G35. G37 uses standard offset 2-blade connection w common ground.
-Cargo box can accept the 3-RCA A/V connector module with a little bit of work, the cutout area is already there.
-USB socket in G37 is not compatible of course, but just going to cut a hole to mount the iPod connector assembly in place of it.
-connector for the shiftgate lights etc is the same

The problem I need help with!! -

The seat warmer controls. Late model G37 has variable speed (actually not infinite variable, just more stops than Lo and Hi like the G35's) seat warmer control dials. On the underside they use different connectors with more pins than the seat warmer control modules on the G35.

My questions -
Has anyone done this mod before? Any tips appreciated.

-Where can I get the G37 seat warmer control connectors or what p/n or used wiring harness am I looking for, in order to steal some off of to make some patched/adapted wiring?

-Are the seat warming systems compatible? I assume there are more pins because they correspond to there being more stops/choices on the seat warming intensity on the G37's control. Is it as simple as me simply wiring it so that two of the stops on each dial correspond to the Lo and Hi that are on the G35's?

-Lastly where can i find pinouts for both the G35 and G37 (2010+) seat warmer controls?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!!

Old 11-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulieP
Has anyone done this? Have a center shift console from a 2012 G37 sedan and thinking about putting it into my 2008 G35S.

The easy problems:
-Front 12V power socket uses 3-prong socketed plug in G35. G37 uses standard offset 2-blade connection w common ground.
-Cargo box can accept the 3-RCA A/V connector module with a little bit of work, the cutout area is already there.
-USB socket in G37 is not compatible of course, but just going to cut a hole to mount the iPod connector assembly in place of it.
-connector for the shiftgate lights etc is the same

The problem I need help with!! -

The seat warmer controls. Late model G37 has variable speed (actually not infinite variable, just more stops than Lo and Hi like the G35's) seat warmer control dials. On the underside they use different connectors with more pins than the seat warmer control modules on the G35.

My questions -
Has anyone done this mod before? Any tips appreciated.

-Where can I get the G37 seat warmer control connectors or what p/n or used wiring harness am I looking for, in order to steal some off of to make some patched/adapted wiring?

-Are the seat warming systems compatible? I assume there are more pins because they correspond to there being more stops/choices on the seat warming intensity on the G37's control. Is it as simple as me simply wiring it so that two of the stops on each dial correspond to the Lo and Hi that are on the G35's?

-Lastly where can i find pinouts for both the G35 and G37 (2010+) seat warmer controls?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!!

did you ever figure out the issues????