V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Help!

Old 01-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

I just swapped out the interior lights with blue LED's. Installed map lights first, door lights, and the lights in the rear. I noticed that the lights were getting dimmer as I was replacing the drunk light.
Now my car won't start and there was a clicking noise coming from the hood, but not from the starter.
Any ideas guys??
Thanks!

Old 01-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
get your battery checked. if it hasnt been changed in a while i am guessing the battery or a fuse maybe.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by hurleyguys
get your battery checked. if it hasnt been changed in a while i am guessing the battery or a fuse maybe.
This. Led replacements don't cause dead batteries.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:06 PM
got my battery tested and it says it is at %100.. I'm going to check all of the fuses.
Thanks for the feed backs!

Old 01-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Samuel.N
I just swapped out the interior lights with blue LED's. Installed map lights first, door lights, and the lights in the rear. I noticed that the lights were getting dimmer as I was replacing the drunk light.
Now my car won't start and there was a clicking noise coming from the hood, but not from the starter.
Any ideas guys??
Thanks!
This

Have you tried jumping the vehicle yet? They will click incessantly when battery is low, i know you said you have had the battery "checked" but led's draw LESS power than regular incandescent bulbs, and wouldn't have created an issue unless you shorted something out by jumping the +/- with some metal

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.