Dustin@Strafe Review- PLEASE LOOK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
How do you have a legitimate point? You bought an as is bumper and failed to do a thorough inspection, then had someone rape you in the *** on a price, and you obviously agreed and continued with the work to be done. Your bad. Im not bragging about my post count, I honestly could care less about that number. Hell i wish it was like Nasioc where they dont even show it. The point is, you have to understand what can be expected when you buy an as is item. Your point would probably be arguable had you have done a DVI of the bumper before you agreed to have a shop work on it. Dustin probably would have worked with you on it, but now another parties hands have been on it, i wouldnt want to work anything out either, especially not after the price they quoted you.

P.S. Thank god im not 40, ill take it as a compliment though

Old 08-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
At the end of the day he told him all he needs is a respray. If someone tells me that and i have to do anything other and that right there is already misinformation. He should have never stated that that was all that was needed.

If i misinform someone who buys something for me, morally i feel it is right to compensate someone for something that I overlook, whether it be a simple scratch, surface cracks, etc. Whether it be $1 or $100.

Had he never said all it needs is a respray then i would be on the other side and yes it would have been an as is sale.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exactly, without the "all you have to do is respray it" comment I have absolutely no case, but because of this I do have a case. He could have been a little bit more helpful initially in trying to work something out but he was never interested in making any kind of deal, and that was the main problem I had. I do wish I would have seen the cracks before the sanding, but a main problem was that the paint was in such rough shape that the cracks probably would have just looked like more paint scuffs, which werent any big deal because i had to reprime and paint anyways.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh and I didnt agree with the price. When I asked him to refund me the sideskirts I was expecting around 300 dollars instead of 195. When the 195 came through I was stunned, but of course he didnt want to work with me again, and told me to stop contacting him.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Dude, Anyone that knows me knows that i didn't see eye to eye with Strafe earlier this year as i had a point of issue/disagreement with Strafe earlier this year them on a bodykit issue and after reading this thread, i agree 100% with Dustin...

This is a non issue as far as i am concerned. Strafe did nothing shady here and Dustin didn't misrepresent anything as far as i can see...

Last edited by GeezNuts; 08-11-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Thats your opinion man! it wasnt in "ready to be resprayed" condition and he shorted me on a refund.. but if after reading everything you think he is still in the right then continue ordering from him!