Dustin@Strafe Review- PLEASE LOOK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
And I would have LOVED to have worked something out with Dustin before this got like this, and I tried many times. Even if it was 50$ to help with the expense and show that he cared then it would be different.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Youre making it sound like i was originally interested in your front bumper. I pmed you about ordering a greddy bumper from strafe and you said hey I have this personal one I could give you for some more money. I said okay. At this point I would rather send you back that 195$ if that is all it will be and go ahead and ship the parts to Utah. I was expecting to get the full amount of the bumper shipped so that I could go elsewhere with my purchase. That is a completely seperate problem from the bumper and I acknowledge that. My problem with the bumper is with you and not Strafe as I have said ten times in this thread

Old 08-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh and also the package WAS CHEAPER shipping just the bumper because it was 40 pounds lighter. Bottom line

Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by shocker611
And I would have LOVED to have worked something out with Dustin before this got like this, and I tried many times. Even if it was 50$ to help with the expense and show that he cared then it would be different.
How can you expect sugar after you told him you were going to take legal action, and blast him on the forum? I agreed with him at that point to stop anymore with your issue due to your Legal action threats. That is where the process of trying to work with you broke down. Then first thing this morning you blast him about cracks which you NEVER mentioned yesterday after you opened the box, and inspected your bumper. You also failed to see cracks in your visual inspection of your bumper. It was only after your texts with Dustin into late last night that you seemed unhappy with our resolve then you came at him with cracks.. Sketchy ? IDK

I'm done in this thread....

Old 08-11-2010, 04:36 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Might as well lock it down to prevent any further bantering.

Sorry Dustin and Lawrence. Makes me sad.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
What do you think that I cracked my own bumper? like come on man. No i didnt take an extremely close look at the bumper initially because I dont know what to look for. I took it straight to the shop and thats when we found out about them. All that I said about legal action is "we will see if I take legal action", saying I was going to look into it. After realizing that that was unreasonable and not possible I completely let it go. I never attacked him and was extremely nice through the entire thing. Until yet another problem came up with the bumper, and even then I was still professional.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
It appears that the cracks were more visible after you had sanded on them. So why bash dustin for not noticing them when it was painted when you didnt even notice them yourself until the bumper was sanded on?

PS there is nothing structural about a fiber glass bumper.

/thread.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
a structure is something put together and therefore a bumper is a structure. If there is damage to it then it is structural damage. I cannot blame him for not noticing the damage, however once it was unveiled I would have expected him to work with me.. not /thread

LOL a bumper is not structural...whos blowing smoke up your ***?

Also, he has still not given me a full refund on my side skirts.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Ok now were arguing about wording, like come on man this isnt relevant. The bottom line is he cheaped me on the refund and did nothing to help out with the cracks and I was stating how I was an unsatisfied customer. Seems reasonable enough to me

Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude your blowing this up way too much, those cracks look very minor and can be fixed from the front, its not like ur going to be looking on the inside of the bumper while its on your car nor will that bumper split in half while ur driving lol. and the $195 he refunded you for the sides is all the refund u deserve cuz he cut u a deal. you never intended to pay full retail then why do u intend to recieve a full refund

Last edited by N@eem; 08-11-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:50 PM
You took responsibility in to your own hands. Before you dropped the product off to get work done to it, you as the buyer should have done a thorough inspection yourself thus saving any headache down the road. I do understand where you are coming from, but this is a USED AS IS product. Usually the buyer interprets that as the product may or may not be 100% flawless...but to the best of the sellers knowledge, he described it pretty well and when you opened the box, you were pleased with the packaging and the bumper looked good to you and you dropped it off at the body shop to have work done.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I understand where youre coming from 100%.. the only thing that sparked this was him saying before I bought it that all would have to be done is to respray it. Which I budgeted into my budget for my car. right now I will have to pay at least 400$ to make up for what I have lost and its just a frustrating situation that Dustin did not try to help me with.. I do understand where they are coming from but I would have expected them to help me out once I realized I would have to redo some of the fiberglass. And naem i never said the bumper would fall off, how bout you read. I said that because there are already cracks, if we painted over them and i was hit these cracks would open up, causing the paint to split, meaning I would have to get it redone.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:57 PM
He already gave you an awesome deal on the bumper to begin with and even threw in sides shipped for free???? IMO he already did you a favor... If you would have bought a brand new bumper, it would have still costed $$$ to get the fiberglass to look straight and fill in all the low spots and sand the high spots. IMO your still coming out on top and you will have an awesome looking bumper when its done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dustin@Strafe Review- PLEASE LOOK!