Dustin@Strafe Review- PLEASE LOOK!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dustin@Strafe Review- PLEASE LOOK!

Well everyone knows that Dustin has perfect itrader.. but not for long. Just got done having the WORST experience of my life with any transaction with ANYONE. Heres the story.

Two or three weeks ago I ordered Dustin's USED custom front greddy bumper and a pair of side skirts from strafe. SOO pumped to have this one of a kind bumper on my G. Well yesterday the package FINALLY came in. We open up the packaging and see a front bumper, no side skirts. :/ Huge problem because I am moving to Utah this weekend and therefore will have to pay double to have 2 different places mix the paint and I will not get as good of a deal there as I did here because I know a body shop owner. I was angry but understood that mistakes are normal, and he offered to ship the sides to Utah. So thats the first negative experience. I move on and give the bumper to my buddys shop, he begins working to sand off the paint so we can repaint it and he finds 6 HUGE cracks in the fiberglass. He had said in the original deal that all I would have to do is prep and repaint the bumper, and now I am looking at 200 dollars worth of fiberglass repair, which he will take ZERO responsibility for. Thats the second problem. So at this point I'm pretty pissed so I decide to get a refund for the side skirts that still havent been shipped, I look at the refund to find that he refunded me 195$. I HIGHLY doubt that he is selling greddy side skirts for 195$ shipped.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by shocker611; 08-11-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Sry to hear your bad experience with Dustin.

I had nothing but positive transactions with Dustin, he give me deals and ships fast. if I have a question he responds within seconds literally

Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
wow sorry to hear
seems like everyone had good reviews about dustin till now,
not defending him in any way but the cracks couldnt be noticed intill u sanded the front bumper down so there is a possiblity that he wasnt aware of them either

Old 08-11-2010, 03:20 PM
I know and everything up until the missing part was real good! he responded fast. But then once one thing went wrong everything started falling apart. IM now down about 400$ because of him.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
sorry to hear that. I hope it all works out for you

Old 08-11-2010, 03:22 PM
and 2004v35 there is a chance that that is the case but at the same time he did NOTHING to work with me to try to make a deal about the damage. He began just saying he was done talking to me and if I wanted a refund on the side skirts that was fine. and he hasnt texted back about cheaping me on the refund either.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:22 PM
thanks kday!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Damn sorry to hear, i can understand him not knowing about the cracks due to the paint being over them, but after you brought it to his attention there should have been something to rectify the situation.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
1, it's a used front. 2, not his fault you ordered when you knew you where moving. 3, why would he refund you full retail on skirts he was throwing in? 4, Strafe distrubutes ARCH's whole line.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Never had any problems with Dustin and he has always sold high quality products and his iTrader reflects that. No one can be perfect, there will always be a dissatisfied customer somewhere. I have ordered several items with him and i will continue to be repeat customer. Unfortunately for you, you take that risk when you buy a used item and everyone knows that many fragile parts such as fiber glass can and do get damaged during shipping. On behalf of myself and others great experiences, i recommend Strafe products to the community. Sorry to hear that you are not happy, hopefully you can get this resolved as i know he has provided nothing but great products and customer service to the community.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by SDGenius
1, it's a used front. 2, not his fault you ordered when you knew you where moving. 3, why would he refund you full retail on skirts he was throwing in? 4, Strafe distrubutes ARCH's whole line.
1. Its a used front that he said would be ready to be painted. 2. I ordered 3 weeks before I was moving with 4 day shipping, everything should have had plenty of time. 3. He was selling the front for 300 dollars, I payed 600 dollars for both. 4. Damn looks like I need to find somewhere else then!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by shocker611
Well everyone knows that Dustin has perfect itrader.. but not for long. Just got done having the WORST experience of my life with any transaction with ANYONE. Heres the story.

Two or three weeks ago I ordered Dustin's USED custom front greddy bumper and a pair of side skirts from strafe. SOO pumped to have this one of a kind bumper on my G. Well yesterday the package FINALLY came in. We open up the packaging and see a front bumper, no side skirts. :/ Huge problem because I am moving to Utah this weekend and therefore will have to pay double to have 2 different places mix the paint and I will not get as good of a deal there as I did here because I know a body shop owner. I was angry but understood that mistakes are normal, and he offered to ship the sides to Utah. So thats the first negative experience. I move on and give the bumper to my buddys shop, he begins working to sand off the paint so we can repaint it and he finds 6 HUGE cracks in the fiberglass. He had said in the original deal that all I would have to do is prep and repaint the bumper, and now I am looking at 200 dollars worth of fiberglass repair, which he will take ZERO responsibility for. Thats the second problem. So at this point I'm pretty pissed so I decide to get a refund for the side skirts that still havent been shipped, I look at the refund to find that he refunded me 195$. I HIGHLY doubt that he is selling greddy side skirts for 195$ shipped.

Sorry for the book but all in all I would highly recommend noone ordering from Dustin@strafe and people to go to ARCH if possible, thats what I am going to be doing. Im sure he will be on here soon to argue his point and I cant wait to see what he has to say.

Thanks for listening!
Wow you blast my company without Pics? I saw your HUGE cracks. None of them were more than stress cracks from a USED AS_IS bumper. The bumper was not a Strafe Product and Dustin told you this in the numerous texts that lasted quite well after biz hours. He was texting you trying to make things correct. You threatened to go to the FORUM. You used the Forum like a strong arm tactic. You paid shipping for your bumper and for the bumper the sides were supposed to be in same box to save you shipping. So in fact you got a great Price for Greddy sides at $195. You expect a return on shipping for?
Since last night you have been threatening and not been working with Dustin. We even offered to ship to UTAH at our expense creating zero profit as you were explained to make you whole. You also were told we would find you a shop in Utah and get you a discount on work.

Everyone on this forum knows when you buy a used product (especially Fiberglass) things might need some prep work. Stress cracks are not unusual at all. There are no huge cracks and the cracks that you have are right were most of us get them "sidemarkers". the work needed on your bumper shouldn't cost $200 extra. If you feel it is too high then shop around. You told Dustin you were getting a hook up on prep and paint in your city.

As far as Strafe is concerned the only product you bought from My Company was Greddy sides. VIS is moving and has made quite a few mistakes with orders that we have had to try and make right. Why because we are responsible for our orders and customers.. This has been very hard for us and sometimes we have had to ship orders at our cost because they didn't contain all items.

While you have every right to any feelings the Strafe transaction went fine and you were refunded $195 promptly this morning. I have been personally seeing all your and Dustin's responses. You seem to want to blast my company for what reasons. The bumper transaction was private sale. Since you want to Slander my company I would like to see where Strafe did you wrong.
I hope Dustin posts all the texts I encourage him to do so. I have nothing to do with the private sale and everything to do with you blasting Strafe. I would re word your post about Strafe.

Mods please review this thread and advise....The forum shouldn't be used as the OP is using it...

OP if you want to discuss with me further then e mail me at lawrence@strafeautomotive.com....I will stand by my company 100%. I will also defend my company more. Sorry to the forum members for this rant. I can't allow this to happen...

Dustin post your texts!!!!!!

Last edited by 2drwild; 08-11-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Unfortunately for you, you take that risk when you buy a used item and everyone knows that many fragile parts such as fiber glass can and do get damaged during shipping.
The parts were not damaged during shipping, they were actually packaged very well and there were no external cracks they were all in the frame, like there was a covered up impact or from dragging. When I am told "All you will have to do is respray" I would like to be able to expect that I wont have to do major fiberglass repairs. I did everything that I could to be nice and try to work out the situation, but he would make no deals, and pretty much said tough luck.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
post up pix of the cracks so we can all judge. it sounds like normal wear & tear so far.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+1 on what SDGenius said....

#1.They were used, n painted...he most likely didnt know about the cracks

#2. Even though the side skirts didnt get to you at the same time as the bumper, its not his fault that you were moving so soon.

#3. He did try to rectify the situation by sending the sides to your new address

#4. and again, what SDGenius said... why would he refund you full retail on used sides?

Ive had nothing but great experience with dustin. GReat guy and excellent business man. He knows how to take care of business.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dustin@Strafe Review- PLEASE LOOK!