Adams Rotor Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Brakes Adams Rotor Review

Thought I would put this up here for everyone. I know when I went to buy a set, reviews on Adams Rotors products were few are far between.

I bought these back during Adams Rotors Labor Day special in September (free hub coating).

I purchased a full set of AR Sport II rotors (overslotted pattern), along with a full set of pads. I got the Posi-Quiet Performance Ceramic Pads. These were going to replace the original Brembo blank rotors and factory pads, which were the originals and had never been replaced. Original pads were down to their last few MM and rotors were pretty shot as well. Extremely loud under normal braking, and produced more brake dust than I've even seen before.

AR website didn't have the option for G35 coupe w/Brembo package in their drop down menu, but a quick message to Adam here on Driver, led me to see that its under their G35x menu. He also instructed me to include in the notes during purchase to specify they were for a Brembo Coupe.

Rotors and pads were delivered in roughly 3 1/2 weeks, pretty spot on to their website ETA. This is where things got alittle rough; admittedly not checking the parts right away was my fault. I waited a few weeks to install the parts, upon breaking down the car I quickly realized that I was sent the wrong rotors and pads. I immediately got in contact via email with Adam, and gave him the part numbers of what was sent to me. I realized they were rotors and pads for a standard G. He quickly responded and told me he would get the correct set sent out to me ASAP. I received the correct rotors roughly a week later, and pads a few days after that. He sent me return labels for other parts and everything went very smoothly, credit to Adam for correcting it so quickly.

Brake Review:

After installing all rotors and pads, flushing the system and replacing all the fluid with Motul 600; pedal feel of course was much better (from not running worn down pads and old fluid). Most setups require the "break in" or they will be noisy, however I did not experience this at all with this setup. I drove the car pretty normal for a few days and braking response was great and noise was completely gone. I then performed the "break in" recommended on the AR website, which is pretty much the same procedure all places recommend for brake break in. After doing this, the COLD bite became extremely strong; much much better than before. Once the brakes warmed up alittle, response and stopping power remains very strong. I have done some auto-x and other spirited driving tests on them, and they perform great. No fade, and response is always spot on.

After 4 months of a mixture of spirited and normal driving, they still look brand new; no rust issues.

Brake dust has been cut DRAMATICALLY as well with this new setup, instead of having black wheels after a week of driving, they remain relatively clean.

The one con I do have was the hub coating. It looks great, gives the rotor that two-piece look, but it is very fragile. Meaning, any slip of a tool during installation and it will remove the coating pretty easily. I found this out the hard way, and have a nice silver patch on one of the centers now. I was careful with the rest, and they look perfect. The zinc coating is under the color, so even with the paint chip, there is still no rust.

All in all, if anyone is looking to replace brakes with good looking/performing rotors; Adams Rotors is a great choice. He offers different pad setups, as well as stainless lines to go with your kit. I love that he offers patterns and looks that no other companies offer, and will custom make almost any pattern to fit your needs/wants. He'll fit all OEM, and Aftermarket brake systems from what I've seen.

They will run you alittle more than a normal brake system replacement, but you are getting rotors custom made for your car; so to some its worth it. To me it was atleast lol

Attached Thumbnails Adams Rotor Review-screen-shot-2014-02-24-5.14.30-pm.jpg   Adams Rotor Review-screen-shot-2014-02-24-5.14.02-pm.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
really appreciate the words, the time to review, and your business...thanks for the pics as well.

our reviews may be limited here on these boards, but we've been in this business for over 8 years, with a great track record & much support...reviews like this add to the many found throughout the auto enthusiast online market messages boards; have a google.

thanks again,
-a

Old 03-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I also have the same rotors as OP.... GREAT company and great product!!