Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Jack Stand Adapters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack Stand Adapters

The rails under our Gs have a flange of metal that requires a special adapter for the jackstand to make them sit flush - essentially a block with a V cut out down the centerline. Some people have made such adapters out of hardwood, but I'm hoping to buy some - Does anybody know where I can find such adapters?

-townsley-
2003 Brilliant Silver Premium Sedan
K&N Filter, 350Z Inlet Tube, Battery Disconnect Switch,
InSaNeAmine Grounding Kit, Solar Guard Tint
Sport Suspension Stocks & Struts (soon)

Old 12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Jack Stand Adapters

jcWhitney.com has them. BUT, you have to have a jack stand that has a really flat plane to have a hope of using them and if using a floor jack, the cup that the adaptor would sit it, can't have allot of play or it can tilt over while your jacking up, not a pretty site. Until I get a new floor jack and new jack stands, I'm not using the adaptors. I'm just lifting up on the diff to raise the rear and I'm using the stock jack on each side to lift the front. Now, something else. The Nissan shop manuel for the 350Z lists special kent moore (ms?) jack pads, those would be THE one's to get, but I flat out could not find them, maybe you might have better luck

Hope I've helped in some way,

Regards,

Jim c.

"i, for one, am not a fan of glory hounds."

Dang straight, it's all about the glory of helping. Who have you helped today?

Old 12-09-2003, 10:02 PM

I have tried contacting kent moore but I never get a response

When I gert more time I will go into this further

Have a healthy day!
03.5 G35, Black on Black

Old 12-09-2003, 10:50 PM

Guys,

I also e-mailed and called Kent-More several times regarding these speciality parts. No response. Jayson at Trophy Nissan tired for me. No response. Also e-mailed some of their suppliers. No response. (Kind'a like a popular exhaust system manufacturer... no reponse.)

If anyone's interested... http://www.spxkentmoore.com/

1 - Board on attachment - # LM4086-0200

2 - Safety stand attachment - # LM4519-0000

Maybe they'll talk to you.

I finally made my own.

DaveO

2003 G35 Sedan - DP / Willow / AT / Premium / Sport
Z Engine Cover & Air Duct / Stillen CAI
GG 7-Wire H-G Kit / TechnoSquare ECU
Street Edge TC / Stillen Exhaust System

Old 12-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you just use a piece of wood, then the car will make its own form in the wood after a couple of uses. I don't use them, I have had the car up at all four corners at least 6 times and no sign of bending on those tabs.

I personally don't think you need them. Don't jack there unless you are only pulling one wheel, use the center jack points for everything else.

Better Life thru Chemistry
Black on Black 03.5 Sedan 6MT - Custom Catback, Custom Intake Tube, HyperGround Kit

Old 01-29-2004, 03:18 PM

omg. so what are you guys using to jack up your car?
i need to rotate my tires and i dont know what to do! im waaay over due on a rotation.
oh yea, hey gsedan35, how do you rotate your tires(with 350Z suspension i mean) do you flip your tires on the rims too? to equal out the unequal wear due to camber issues?

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 01-29-2004, 06:02 PM

OK, if you can find and buy the correct adapters, definitely do. Otherwise...I don't necessarily recommend this, but it worked for me when jacking my car and putting it on stands. I've got a nice floor jack, but it was too tall, even at its lowest setting, to fit under the front of the car. So I drove the car up onto a couple 4x6s and that got me the clearance I needed to fit the floor jack under the front mount point. I didn't buy an adapter for the saddle. Instead, I bought a big pack of shop towels from an auto parts store and made a nice thick pad to place of the saddle using 4 towels folded into squares (4 layers thick). Not too thick as to be unstable, just enough to soften the corners. The car lifted without a grind or ping. The jackstand points on our cars are rails and my jack stands just had a U-shaped saddle. I used the shop towels again - this time folding one in half lengthwise side to side, and then rolling the 2 ends towards each other until they met in the middle. I was left with essentially 2 rolls with a nice cleave down the center. I placed this into the jack stand saddle and the rail slid right into it. When I lowered the car onto the stands, it was smooth as silk. Inspection afterwards revealed that it worked great - no scratches, bending, etc. The rear jacking point is easy to get to - no need to drive up on boards or anything. And, once again, the shop towel pad worked great.

Don't flame me on this one. I took my time and paid attention to what I was doing. Though it wasn't something I would expect in a professional garage, it worked for me perfectly.

-townsley-
2003.0 BS Willow Premium AT Sedan w/mods

Old 01-29-2004, 08:35 PM

check Jacking your G - under the FAQ&DYI selection.

Old 02-02-2004, 08:55 AM

or....... do it the redneck way!! Pick up a 18 wheeler' tire cap thats been left on the side of the road. Cut it to the size needed, you may need to stack (epoxy) 2 pieces together to get the height ya need. Position the tread groove so the tang on the jacking point fits in and epoxy them to your jack stands, cut out the tread groove if you need it a little wider. While you're at it, cut one for your jack also. Hows that for recycling??
Dega

5's n 35's

Old 02-04-2004, 12:16 PM

Hey ya'll

I got this off of a vintage BMW list I belong to (Senior Six...I have a '72 Bavaria). Looks to be low profile jack (3"). Haven't measured my stock front air dam clearance (Aero kit). I haven't lower my ride either. Maybe worth a look:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91039

Have I mentioned lately that I love this list almost as much as my G? Thanks to all!

Obsidian/Graphite; Premium Pkg; Aero Kit; Suspension Kit; Nav Sys; Sunroof; Clear side markers. Next...GroundingGear

Old 02-08-2004, 01:17 PM

Damm that's cheap! usually that jack is 120. Maybe I'll stop by harbor frieght today

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
1992 Jeep Cherokee Blk 5.5 RE lift /w 33s
AIM= bkchang79

Old 02-08-2004, 01:18 PM

nice I found some jack pads!
http://www.protechproducts.net/images/JACKPADS.asp

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
1992 Jeep Cherokee Blk 5.5 RE lift /w 33s
AIM= bkchang79

Old 02-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good find, i'm guessing you are referring to the "side lift" ones on there... have you purchased/used them yet?

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 02-08-2004, 07:04 PM

could someone post pics where they are jacking up their cars and putting them on stands?

G35C - 6MT - DG/G - Premium

Old 02-09-2004, 03:46 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan

Check out this post:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=

I found that I only needed a jack pad for the rear jacking point (sedan). The front point was a ball shaped hump that fit perfectly into the floor jack I was using.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jack Stand Adapters