Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:03 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
A camber kit isn't in the budget but you're still going to lower the car? Surely you see how you're just setting yourself up to spend even more money here...
Maybe "dropping the car on tein" isn't the best choice here

Old 11-14-2016, 05:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
A camber kit isn't in the budget but you're still going to lower the car? Surely you see how you're just setting yourself up to spend even more money here...
Maybe "dropping the car on tein" isn't the best choice here
I've seen Tein's going for as low as $160 and Godspeed/SPC camber kits go for around $200. The only coils I would even consider buying are the Tein Street Basis for a little over $500, however, I feel like you would just tell me to screw that and go BC or D2. Screw installation cost, if it takes a whole day off I'll figure it out. My car was on the lift a week ago and my bushings are going bad and somehow my rear lower control arm is bent way out of spec so I was planning on redoing the suspension piece by piece anyways. "In the budget" for me means not this month. Rome wasn't built in a day and there are multiple ways to skin a cat. My commute is like 15 minutes, also.

I've only had the car for 3 months and it has 86k on it. I'm sorry, I'm new to the G forum and to auto modification/maintenance in general. The day I get it back from the shop it starts burning oil...I'm beginning to understand the VQ frustrations...

Can you answer my question, though? I've read many posts like yours all over this forum and I've also read countless threads of people satisfied with even coils alone. I just want to know the math, I'm not hovering over the "buy" button. I thought this was the thread for questions, not the thread to get a lecture on the everlong coils vs. coilovers debate.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:47 AM
Banned
I didn't reference brands once man. The point of my post is this: if it's not in the budget to get a camber kit, then lowering the car shouldn't be either-regardless if using coils or springs. Why? Well I'll tell you. When you lower the car, and especially without a camber kit, you're setting yourself to go through tires faster, increasing stress on all suspension parts and that's right- it'll cost even more money. Point is, take into account all the factors and even consequences of lowering the car and realize that if not done properly, you will be looking at even more money to fix the issues

Edit. I did reference a brand lol-but I posted not to bash any brand per se but to make the point I did above^^ lol

Old 11-14-2016, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
I didn't reference brands once man. The point of my post is this: if it's not in the budget to get a camber kit, then lowering the car shouldn't be either-regardless if using coils or springs. Why? Well I'll tell you. When you lower the car, and especially without a camber kit, you're setting yourself to go through tires faster, increasing stress on all suspension parts and that's right- it'll cost even more money. Point is, take into account all the factors and even consequences of lowering the car and realize that if not done properly, you will be looking at even more money to fix the issues

Edit. I did reference a brand lol-but I posted not to bash any brand per se but to make the point I did above^^ lol
I do get your point, sorry I've been up all night and have been posting all over this board. My very first post is about me learning the hard way about the very sacred geometry of a vehicle with four wheels. I don't know how long you've owned your G, but some days it's just my daily driver, and other days I'm like "I have an intake, time to lower it, get some spacers, save up for that exhaust, decorate the engine bay that nobody sees, buy really uncomfortable racing seats, who needs an airbag...etc" lmao

I just like to write things out on paper first because it helps me prioritize. Like back to what I was saying, that offset/spacer stuff still confuses me somewhat. I mean factor in camber and toe and it's like you gotta roll your fenders if you carry a full 3 passengers (not counting that dude in the trunk...)

I'm just gonna do my research like a real mothatruckin' G and in a couple of weeks I'll have a budget for the parts that are worth what you pay for and won't redestroy my alignment.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:05 AM
Banned
For your case, lower the car first then get the alignment. That'll suck getting it aligned, then lowering it, then having to re-align the vehicle.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:27 AM
I am soon getting varrstoen es2 black wheels with 18x10.5 +22 on the back an 18x9.5 +22 on the front what are some tires that will fit these wheels I want a aggressive look
I have stock cambers an suspension I will be on stock suspension for a little bit but later on get coil overs

Old 01-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey everyone. I'm looking to get Varrstoen ES6 and I have 2007 G36 V36 Sedan.
The car is not currently lowered but will be in the near future. Possible Ksport coils or BC (recommendations)?
Front: 19x9.5 +22
Rear: 19x11 +25
Will these sizes fit without major fender work? I'm fine with getting fenders pulled.
Also what kind of tire sizes would be optical for those wheels?

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:50 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by ArmisLT
The car is not currently lowered but will be in the near future. Possible Ksport coils or BC (recommendations)?
Will these sizes fit without major fender work? I'm fine with getting fenders pulled.

Thanks for the help.
Very common setup, wont need anything man. Rears will need to be rolled flat if you want to tuck tire. I ran a 245/35 and a 275/35 but I would suggest a 275/30 for the rear since the 35 was really tall. Black is low, but not max. Blue is when I maxed my coils.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:25 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods

Thanks for the help.
See below

Originally Posted by Conissah
Very common setup, wont need anything man.
Ummmmmm, no. He's rocking a sedan my brother.

Armis unless you're talking about doing a massive drop with some crazy camber those wheels won't fit. The fronts are better than the rears and are slightly off but the rears are too wide and have a way too low offset to fit. My advice would be to head over to the second gen forum and do some searching before you ask them what they think. Good luck........

Old 01-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Oh damn, must've skipped over that part. You can make anything work with a stretch and a roll/pull with camber, but it depends on how far you're willing to go.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
See below

Ummmmmm, no. He's rocking a sedan my brother.

Armis unless you're talking about doing a massive drop with some crazy camber those wheels won't fit. The fronts are better than the rears and are slightly off but the rears are too wide and have a way too low offset to fit. My advice would be to head over to the second gen forum and do some searching before you ask them what they think. Good luck........

So 19x9.5 squared would be fine and +12 for the rear and +22 for the back.
Or the other way around?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:21 PM
Or the other way around?
Why not get 9.5 + 22 all around, then run spacers where needed. That way you can still rotate tires without fitment being an issue...

Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 AM
I have been going through all the forums to try to figure out what the best looking tire / wheel combo I can put on my 2003 G35 Sedan, im going to keep it stock height and I dont want to roll my fenders or have any rubbing as its my daily driver. I think the staggered setup looks better, but I am open to suggestions as Ive read this can cause issues with the VDC.

I think the safest bet would be 18x8 30mm offset with 245/40 tires however I wonder if I can get a slightly more aggressive look without any rubbing or modificiations, such as maybe a 255/35 all the way around? It is my daily driver but I do plan on attending a track day or two in the future.

Any tips, ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by joshualeeduncan
I have been going through all the forums to try to figure out what the best looking tire / wheel combo I can put on my 2003 G35 Sedan, im going to keep it stock height and I dont want to roll my fenders or have any rubbing as its my daily driver. I think the staggered setup looks better, but I am open to suggestions as Ive read this can cause issues with the VDC.

I think the safest bet would be 18x8 30mm offset with 245/40 tires however I wonder if I can get a slightly more aggressive look without any rubbing or modificiations, such as maybe a 255/35 all the way around? It is my daily driver but I do plan on attending a track day or two in the future.

255/35 will be fine with stock height. I have 275/35 with 20x10 in the rear and don't rub. Stock height but rolled fenders.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:34 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Or the other way around?
You're going the wrong way with the offsets, you need larger numbers and WTF in red.

Originally Posted by Conissah
Why not get 9.5 + 22 all around, then run spacers where needed. That way you can still rotate tires without fitment being an issue...
Once again, sedan. He'l still need a drop, camber/toe help and rolled or flattened fenders.

Originally Posted by joshualeeduncan

Josh you really need to do more reading on this board because all of your questions have been answered maybe thousands of times. Doing your own leg work to find out answers to questions you have is a member responsibility and if you continue to ask questions you could have figured out on your own you will get infractions and possible ban/s. Thanks for your help with this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::