Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

"Warning" Kranson Forged Lies and Bs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:31 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
"Warning" Kranson Forged Lies and Bs

If you are thinking of buying a new set of Kranson Forged wheels DON'T. I recently had my last and final encounter with Carlos at HDM / Kranson Forged or what ever else they are calling themselfs now.

I was upgrading the lips on the current wheels, so I spoke to Carlos on the phone and he said yes we have the fronts instock, but the rears I cant find. I told him please find them and I will drive down cash in hand and pay for them.

He then calls me back he must have used the other 5.5 rear lips that were ordered with Shanes, on demo wheels that he possible sent out of state to other retailers.... That he could not find the paperwork on what he sent out (mostly because there is no paper work im sure)

I reluctantly drive an hour south to his shop to go bring my 3.5 lips to exchange them for 4.5 plus $200 a lip. He also tells me to bring $200 deposit on the 5.5 so he can get the order started, as he can not find the 5.5 in his shop. Total $600 cash I bring to him.

He tells me that the rear 5.5 lips will be a wait of 4-6 weeks etc... So we throw the new 4.5 lips in the truck and I head out. I notice that these lips were drilled for valve stems, so I try to call him to explain that I need no drilled because my inners are drilled.

(Background I have 2 cell numbers and a shop number.) So he doges my calls and I finaly get his sister on the phone by calling the shop. She says he is in but with a customer or some crap... I finally get a hold of him, and he has some excuse that he wasnt in the shop.... when his sister told me he was. I explain that the 4.5 lips he gave me were drilled, he says of ya the company that makes him the lips messed up the order and drilled them all. So I tell him that isnt gonna work for me. So tells me the next shipment will be coming in on Wednesday, that he has more 4.5 on order.

I wait until Wednesday then try to call him, then he tells me well the shipment must have be split up into two orders, that he just tracked the second shipment and it will be here monday. Well Monday rolls around this week and I call him.... No answer, and his voicemail is full. I call the shop no answer. Text him, no answer.

So now I am fuming and I call the manufactor of the lips, and ask them if they will sell me new lips direct, and I ask them if they can tell me if my order has been placed with them for the 5.5 lips... after talking with a few people there. They tell me they can not divulge that information to me, which I can understand they do not want to ruin the business relationship they have.

Guess what not even 10 min after I get off the phone with Triangle tool and die, boom Carols is on the phone. Triangle must have called him and told him that I was seeking alternative means to source the lips. He calls me Bro what are you doing calling triangle, that I told you the lips would be here blah blah blah. That I am hooking you up etc. A joke right $400 plus the old lips. So I tell net time answer the phone and I wont have to do this... I also ask him if the new shipment came in. He responds to me I am not at the shop I will call you in 15 min when I get there.

3 hours later I get a call, the lips are drilled again. So he tells me he will call them and they should be able to send them to him with in the week. At this point I have had it, I ask him if he has 4" in stock and I would settle for that, he tells me that he would go check to make sure he has 4" non drilled on the shelf, that he would call me back in a few min.

2 hours later, no call. I try to call all the numbers, nothing no answer full voicemail. So I test him, either come up with 4.5, 4, or the cash and I am done with you BS. Not even a min later I get a call, with him whining that he doesnt need this abuse and I can come pick up my money and old lips.

Fastforeward to today, I do not call him. I just show up at his shop to confront him and get my refund. He tells me bro I dont know why you are acting like this etc, etc, etc. I stop listening to him from the second he say me walk in. I told him I want my old lips, here are you drilled 4.5 and give me the cash.

This is where his true scumbag colors come out. He gives me the lips and digs in his wallet and hands me $400. I tell him what about the other $200 for the 5.5 that I gave you a deposit for? He said no bro you only gave me $400. I explain that $400 was for the new front and $200 deposit for the rear with a balance of $200 and my rear lips after the new came in. So Total $800 and the 4 original lips. He then gets all defensive that he owns a tire kingdom with 12 bays and that he is to busy for this crap. I tell give me the money and don't worry about me beacuse I will never do business with him again. He then try to spell out for me why I only gave him $400 which is a blatant lie. $100 per lip and $200 deposi

Last edited by GreenGoblin; 06-21-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I think not getting some type of receipt when you gave him cash was a mistake.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Wow

Fvck Kranson Forged.

Just go to the shop put a bullet threw his head and then he can ask himself was my life worth 200 bucks.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man, danny that sux bro

hopefully triangle will hook you up, specially after you tell him the whole story

Old 03-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, so sorry you had to go through this. I would report them to the BBB as well, although I am not sure if that would even do anything for such a small company.

At this point I don't really trust any start-up wheel company especially out of Cali or Florida. Too many scams, fly by night operations, and teenager garage-run operations out there. And it's all too easy to mask all of that by taking some fancy pictures of nice cars with your wheels on them. You never know what you're gonna get!

Old 03-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damnn.. I've heard some stuff from time to time about this Carlos guy, was pretty interested in their lines of wheels. I guess now everything is down the drain after hearing what you have to put up and what Shane had gone through. Man sorry to hear what happen to you Danny. You're a bigger person, $200 bucks for a lesson like that and a realization of what a scumbag he is, I think is well worth it . Good luck with it and I am anticipating to see your new look .

-Jason

Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I am not surprised. Shane has told me stories about the way he conducts business. Similar to Mastergrade, would never deal with these scums.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Carlos is the new MASTERGRADE lol

Old 03-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Damn what a lame! Over $200 he's gonna lose alot of customers! Oh well

Old 03-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
geez, what a fvcked up situation. i'd be livid being ripped off 200 bones. gd luck, man.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Im just waiting for somone at the company to make a New USERNAME and act like a customer just to chime in and say, " I have dealt with KRANSON FORGED and their customer service is top notch''.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
What a poor way to conduct business. Sad.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carlos is the new enron

Old 03-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o.0

So many sketchy companies nowadays.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by carlosg35fl
i'm sorry this happened to you. Carlos at kranson hooked me up on a set of wheels for my 92 neon and it was a great experience. He's a great guy and treated me with respect and like a friend. He even gave me a handjob in the warehouse while he was tightening the nuts on my lip. Again, i'm sure this is just an isolated incident. He did take $200 from me too, but i paid him for a bj
orly?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: "Warning" Kranson Forged Lies and Bs