Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Vredestein Vorti or Sessanta?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 03:32 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Vredestein Vorti or Sessanta?

Quick wear, performance, comfort and such review of Vredestein Vorti tires and comparison to Sessanta.

I'm a big fan of Vredestein tires. Very glad I found them, in my opinion there is no better tire for the money.

I always ran Sessanta model. They are amazing in wet, dry and surprisingly ok in snow.
Recently after my unsatisfactory experience with Michelin Pilot Super sport (wore out in 10k) I opted for a new tire by Vredestein...............VORTI!!

Vredestein had a little promotion going on for those tires, online reviews showed them to be a slight improvement over Sessanta and they looked like a good solid performance tire on the sheet.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vr...trac-Vorti.htm
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vr...c-Sessanta.htm

Tread design is similar to Michelin Pilot Super Sport so I assumed that this tire will handle as good as Sessanta or PSS.
I am disappointed though.

TRACTION.
I never ran Sessanta with my new Hi Flow cats and exhaust, so even if supposedly those modifications do add some power, I don't think they would ad so much to cause these tire to loose traction so often. I found them to not be as grippy as previous sets of Sessanta were. Wet or dry they were not as difficult to brake loose as Sessantas were.
Another disappointment was wet handling, especially in a very wet conditions with standing water on the highway. I thought that with that tread design they will surely be better than Sessantas, but it did not feel like it. I never hydro planed with them on, but I did not feel in complete control of the vehicle as I did with Sessantas. With sessantas I deliberately picked out bigger puddles on the highway just to get that feeling of invisibility that those tires gave me.

WEAR.
Another disappointment. I put these on at 190k. It's 202k on the clock now and they got probably another 10k in them. Obviously since they brake traction often they will wear out quicker, but Sessantas could easily last me 30+k.

NOISE.
This is one criteria where they performed well. They don't seem to increase much in noise as Sessantas do with wear. There is a slight increase, but compared to Sessantas not as significant.

SNOW.
I know this isn't a snow tire and neither is Sessanta, but we get snow for 1.5 to 2.3 days a year, so I rock them when there's white on the road. By the time you swap tire snow is going to melt anyways so why bother.
I think that due to the tread style, Vorti were a complete no go in the snow. Sessantas however are much better for a summer tire. Once again I credit that to a tread design, I think it just grabs snow better with those grooves running across the tire.

BOTTOM LINE.
I'm back on Sessantas as soon as Vorti wears out.
This is a perfect example of "If it aint broke, don't fix it"
Sessanta for life!

Old 01-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
My motto is. If it ain't broke, don't break it.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:29 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
apparently Sessanta is very difficult to find now. Looks like Vredestain is phasing some sizes out.
That kinda sux.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Yeah I started looking around after your post and they appear to be near vaporlike now.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:28 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I got 28K miles out of my Michelin Super Sports, not bad for rear tires!

Last October I notice my rear Michelin Pilot Super Sports were getting close to the wear nubs so I checked with Tire Rack for a new pair in 275/35X19 only to find them unavailable. I was told they have them after the first of the year so I waited. Reading a post here about a member totaling his coupe because of worn tires I began checking around...no one had my Michelin's! Left a signal during one of our unusual rain SoCal days and broke lose! Checked back with Tire Rack on a pair of 285s and they were available so that's what I ended up with. They work/look better with my 10.5X19" Volks anyway so I'm satisfied...Gary

Old 01-31-2016, 12:25 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by gary c
Last October I notice my rear Michelin Pilot Super Sports were getting close to the wear nubs so I checked with Tire Rack for a new pair in 275/35X19 only to find them unavailable. I was told they have them after the first of the year so I waited. Reading a post here about a member totaling his coupe because of worn tires I began checking around...no one had my Michelin's! Left a signal during one of our unusual rain SoCal days and broke lose! Checked back with Tire Rack on a pair of 285s and they were available so that's what I ended up with. They work/look better with my 10.5X19" Volks anyway so I'm satisfied...Gary
Are you boosted?
I think that the fact that I got 255 is what causing these tires to brake loose so often considering the exhaust install.
Since I cant find Sessantas anywhere, I'm thinking to step up to 275 or 285 on the Vorti and give them another go.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
Are you boosted?
I think that the fact that I got 255 is what causing these tires to brake loose so often considering the exhaust install.
Since I cant find Sessantas anywhere, I'm thinking to step up to 275 or 285 on the Vorti and give them another go.
No Joker, I'm not boosted...just healthy! If your rear rims are 9" to 10" wide you'd love the 285s, they just look and feel right!
Gary

Old 01-31-2016, 08:02 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up Been preaching this sermon for awhile now...lmbo

Lmbo...I've been telling you guys that 285's are a better fit for our cars for months. I've switched from 275's to 285's and never looked back. With my 255 35's up front and 285 30's in the rear. My coupe perfoms and handles much, much better. My tires are Continental DWS-6's and they give great traction in any weather. Loved them in the blizzard we just had. Anything smaller than my setup...forget about it.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:32 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by gary c
No Joker, I'm not boosted...just healthy! If your rear rims are 9" to 10" wide you'd love the 285s, they just look and feel right!
Gary
285/35 is not much different to 255/40 that I'm running now in the sidewall and overall circumference.

The width is over an inch wider so maybe it will be quite an improvement.

I just don't want to go to a skinnier tire since my car is loud and hard as it is.
I'm 9.5 in the rear.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:44 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Vorti's. I'm a big Sessenta fan and they will be my next purchase for my GTO if my sizes are available.. Great performance and they're so GD sexy.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:51 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Sessanta are awesome, Vorty I'm not that impressed with.
I think Vredestein is phasing out sessantas as they are harder and harder to find in the right size.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
apparently Sessanta is very difficult to find now. Looks like Vredestain is phasing some sizes out.
That kinda sux.
you're correct, 255-35-19 are no longer made. This has forced me to go with the Vorti. And even that was a bit difficult to find or was on back order. In the future I unfortunately may have to move away from the Vredestein brand due to availability.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:42 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
you're correct, 255-35-19 are no longer made. This has forced me to go with the Vorti. And even that was a bit difficult to find or was on back order. In the future I unfortunately may have to move away from the Vredestein brand due to availability.
yes, regrettably Sessantas are nowhere to be found lately so I have located several sets of 295/30/19 in Frence and waited for UK to exit EU for currency drop. Bought two sets on Thursday right after markets closed with lowest EUR has been and bought two sets for $700 plus shipping at 0.87 cents conversion rate.

On the sad note I do not like Vorti what so ever.

Don't know what it is but last two sets on my car wore out under 10k miles. Last 3 actually.
It all started after I got new Hiflow cats, cat back exhaust and VLSD 3.5 diff.
Don't know how much power and umph it all added to the car but my 255/40 Sessanta wore out in no time. Then Michelin PSS wore out under 10k, these were 275/40/19 and now Vorti are all worn out also under 10k.
So this time I went with 295/30 Sessanta. Hopefully it'll be enough meat on the wheel to eliminate unnecessary spin.
If not, I'm all out of options and be hunting for new tire brand.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:41 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Finally got Sessantas back on the rear, what a difference. Night and day. Vorti is officially crap.
I read couple of reviews where they put them up against some serious testing and at one point tread on vorti actually fell apart. Vredesteins response was that one batch of Vorti tires had bad rubber compound . I wonder if my tire was from that batch. 8k lifespan is defiantly not normal for performance summer tire.

Surprisingly they still standing up quite well on the front. I would love to replace them with a lower profile tire to match the rear but unfortunately they got too much life still left in them.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Well, I hope the set of Vorti I just got wasn't in that batch. I guess i'll just have to hope for the best.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vredestein Vorti or Sessanta?