Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Auto Explosion in Gardena

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Explosion in Gardena

so i sent my Unlimited Tuning g3 spoiler there to get painted..

got it back a day later.

and i must say, contrary to wat everyone says about it being some good quality work.. they cant match DG for ****.

i saw imalazeeass there. and seriously the paint match was horrible. His side skirts were tooo damn light. and didnt match at all.

As for my spoiler it was a little too dark and had some weird tint to it. I mean, it matches in some ways, but if u pay close attention, it doesnt. Im pretty damn picky.

I will not be going back to Auto Explosion.
Prices are decent. Comes to show. You pay for what you get.

(Positives: SPEEDY. can have your car in and out in a day or two, they will redo if youre not satisfied.)
(Negatives: Horrible paint match. The guy just continues to insist that it cant be matched perfectly)

Im glad i didnt have my Kuruma Z bumper painted there. I heard that people had good results with grills and such. But seriously. Little things might look alright. But big things like side skirts, bumpers, etc. Stay away.

Just looking out for all you who might have shown interest!!!!

EDIT! By no means am i trying to put down AutoExplosion, (read below). They will do all they can to try and make you satisfied.

Last edited by johnjayb; 08-04-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:39 AM
noooo! that means you still havent put on your damn bumper! How many months has it been since you bought it?

Thanks for the heads up on Auto Explosion... if they cant do DG, they prob cant do IP either...

Old 08-03-2006, 02:52 AM
exactly... ive had both bumper and spoiler since about nov/dec... and the spoiler JUST got painted. gotta find a good place for my kuruma z bumper!

Old 08-03-2006, 10:46 AM
^I'm sending mine to this place in Glendale..
it's a shop where my Infiniti Dealer sends their car for any
paint job..so I'm pretty sure the color will match..hehe
let me know if you are interested..
just PM me

Old 08-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you just leave your spoiler there ? If they did not have your car there they can not colormatch properly.Colormatching is matching the new paint to the existing paint on your car.All paints will change slightly in color over time.Sun fades color.With new paint colors these days it makes it very difficult to match.New colors have so many additives to make it reflect light differently.Without the car they will make the paint to the color code.I even bought a factory oem piece for my car that is allready painted from Infiniti.It didn't match,my car was 2 years old.And I take very good care of my paint and the car is in the garage every night.Just face it DG ,is a very hard color to match,because of its properties thats why so many people like the color.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:17 PM
i told him i wanted to have my car stay. but he insisted that he didnt need the car there to color match. he also suggested that i didnt have to worry about it cuz there were several DGs there already (yours and imalazeeass). made me wonder why the hell he wouldnt let me leave my car. Thank goodness im just not going back there.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor

I just went and talked to Estaban.He wants to make things right.If you want it repainted he will do it for you no problem.Just give him a call and he will work things out for you.Estaban is a good guy,he will take care of you.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:41 PM
yeah. i understand that he would redo it. but gardena is 45minutes away. im from irvine and quite honestly. its not worth the drive for me.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:45 PM
DG is a hard color to match. should've gotten brilliant silver like mine!! haha j/k

Old 08-03-2006, 06:12 PM
JJ, just go back... hes willing to redo it and make it match... try and sneak in the damn bumper too! or at least try to get a discount.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:34 AM
haha... no seriously. the spoiler isnt even that bad. i bet if i didnt say nething. not that many ppl would even notice the difference.
the only reason i was complaining was because i saw imalazeeass' sideskirts. and seriously that was off. but THEY ARE FIXING THIS PROBLEM! so all is well.

They do have great service since they are willing to redo problems/issues. Its just not logical for me to drive the 45minutes just to drop off the spoiler. ROUND trip is about $16 of gas for me. So going there and droppping it off, then picking it back up is about $32 for me. If i drop it off and pick it up again, thats another $32. making the total for just getting my spoiler painted $64 more than i ever planned on paying. Get it?

AutoExplosion has some pretty decent customer service. But i wouldnt exactly recommend them if people have to travel a distance. If your local, by all means.. go there. Just dont settle for paint that doesnt match. It may be hard to match, but the first job i saw there was like night and day.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Got my car back. First time, the paint match was pretty bad i must honestly say. I remember I kept asking him "do you honestly think this matches" and he kept telling me that its all subjective.. which is true.. but ultimately, his answer was yes. The difference in the shade of color was ridiculous and for him to say yes was what really got to me. However, it is true that DG is a hard *** color to match and it was obvious that i was very displeased.. so he did agree to repaint it. He told me that he would rather me leave happy than disappointed.. a good plus. So i left the car there again and about 2 days later he calls me and tells me my car is ready. They paint things so damn fast. So i went there and to my amazement it was wayyyyyyyy better than the first time. I just dont see how they can do so poorly the first time and so much better the second time. It was almost like the first time was a test to see if i'd budge. He even told me that when he paints the outcome is always like the first paint match, off, but the customer is always satisfied. So he was basically saying that since majority of the customers are not picky and are satisfied with the paint off..that he will continue to do so. Not a smart practice I would say. But in the end, he did fix my skirts and they do look a lot better than before. It would have been nice if it was done right the first time, but thats ok. If anyone is looking for a paint job and you are very very critical on paint match, then this place may not be for you. However, if you got time and patience, i'm sure the owner Esteban will paint it as many times as it takes for it to look right for you. Overall, good customer service, but their methods and mentality needs to be updated.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:41 PM
agreed!!!

Old 11-08-2006, 10:18 PM
G35 6MT
i just dropped off my bumper there today, and will be dropping my car off tomorrow. hopefully all these horror stories of first time quality will be proven wrong. we'll see though. i should be getting the car back by saturday, so i will let you know how it turns out.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:24 AM
keep us updated..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto Explosion in Gardena