G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 1000 point Safety Inspection...All G Owners welcome...PICS & VIDS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
G35 1000 point Safety Inspection...All G Owners welcome...PICS & VIDS

Hello Members,

I have taken extensive pictures and video of a vehicle that i saw today but unfortunately the dealer was closed so no TEST DRIVE. Please inspect all that you see and tell me what looks out of place. Overall the car is in very good condition pending a test drive. I ensured the car had the CD009 transmission AKA MONEY SHOT. The bushing on the compression rod looks split or needs attention. The front bumper has some rock chips along with the hood. The rear bumper has couple scratches and one deep scratch. Tires in the rear are 40% and the front is 60%. I see new rotors and pads had plenty of life on them so brakes were good. I see the red shocks for the sport suspension which is stock on 6mt. Please give me all your input on what you think and hopefully this pictures will come useful to other members needing work on there car. Please check the rust in the rear differential and axles along with exhaust...any worries???

MONEY SHOT

VIDEO: Click on pictures below

Last edited by faiz23; 05-04-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Holy 4X4 Batman, that ish is high! It's hard for me to imagine my car looked like that at one time.

Question, the dealer was closed but the car was unlocked? Also, why no pictures of the engine? Looks to have the sport, premium, and aero packages and also has aftermarket rotors on the front. The rust on the axles is no big deal and overall the car looks to be in really good condition as a whole. Hard to tell anything else from pictures, my advice to anyone who is buying used is to have a reliable mechanic check it out before you commit to buying it. Any reputable dealer will let you take it to get that done, or you can schedule a mobile mechanic to go to the car wherever it is and perform the same service.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
No engine bay shots lol, thats not 100 point!

Take the dipstick out and look for sludge in the hole and on the dipstick.

Cool Premium Sports, 6mt G sedan, No tech package though

Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 PM

No tech package available on the 05-06 to my knowledge. If you are talking about navigation, it was a stand alone option.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Mr.202?

^ Yes there is lol, I have it which comes with the ikey and some other stuff, I forget.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Probably took quite sometime to take all those pictures. The car looks in great shape. How many miles?

Old 05-01-2011, 08:11 PM
acr
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
^ Yes there is lol, I have it which comes with the ikey and some other stuff, I forget.
iKey wasn't available with the 6MT, dunno why. You're probably thinking of the Premium package, which included Bose, autodimming mirror, etc.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks pretty clean from the pictures. Just they few dents and chips in the front and rear bumpers. I would bring the car to an infiniti dealership and have them take a look at it for $50. I had my dealer do that for mine and they pointed out everything, it was really helpful. Otherwise, just gotta take her for a drive and see how she runs.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Yes it was wierd to take all these pictures when the dealer was closed. While i was there i pushed the trunk button in and the trunk popped open....so i was like hmmmm....lets take more pictures. I was afraid to mess around with engine since if i ruin the dipstick or something then i am liable. I am sure what i was doing was trespassing so i was not interested. I also figured the dealer did an oil change when he got it so it would already be full. I have attached the dealer picture of the engine but more will follow soon.

The infiniti dealer is across the street and i will be pulling a full service history on it. I plan to go in to the dealer and test drive and use a laundry list full of issues with the car to lower the price where i am comfortable. Overall the car looks very clean and just needs little bit of touchup and care.

I am looking at Sedan 6mt with less than 90k miles and a good service history. I don't care too much for Bose or even dual climate or bluetooth. I normally use a Carputer to take care of media/navigation front end. The dual climate control comes with premium package which is nice but not neccessary. I will give up all features for a SOLID ENGINE/CD009 Tranny.

Engine Bay Shot (From the dealer not me)

Edit: Can someone please inspect this bushing looks like LCA and tell me if it is worn out. Also the compression rod bushing looks split

Last edited by faiz23; 05-04-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Sorry bro, intelligent key was part of the Premium package B. This was taken from infinitihelp.com:

"G35 Availability and Equipment

The 2005 Infiniti G35 is available in three models 'G35, G35x AWD and G35 6MT. The G35 and G35x AWD come with standard 5-speed automatic transmission and manual shift mode with downshift rev matching and 17-inch wheels and tires. The G35 6MT model features a close-ratio 6-speed manual, 18-inch wheels and tires, Viscous Limited-Slip Differential, sport-tuned suspension and higher horsepower engine tuning. All 2005 G35 models include leather-appointed interiors and a long list of standard comfort and convenience features.

Several available optional packages allow the buyer to custom-equip the 2005 G35 to further reflect his or her exact driving style and tastes. Packages include the Premium Package A (available with the G35 6MT), with dual sliding glass sunroof with one-touch open/close feature, dual-zone air conditioning, driver's seat memory, automatic auto on/off headlights, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, Bose audio system with 7 speakers, adjustable reclining rear seats, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel and more.

The Premium Package B (available only with the Sport-Tuned Suspension Package) adds all of the Premium Package A contents plus an automatic entry/exit driver's seat system, Intelligent Key and rear air conditioning vents. The Premium Package C (available on G35 and G35x AWD, not available with Sport-Tuned Suspension Package) included the Premium Package B contents plus a full-size spare tire.

The Sport-Tuned Suspension Package adds unique 18-inch aluminum-alloy sport wheels with W-rated P235/45R18 high-performance tires, sport-tuned springs and shock absorbers and viscous limited-slip differential.

The Aero Package, which is available with the Sport-Tuned Suspension Package or G35 6MT model, adds a rear spoiler with rear underbody rear side fairings. Other available options include a navigation system, genuine Rosewood trim and sunroof."

Technology package didn't show up until the 2nd gen models came out. It included things like the intelligent cruise control and other features, lol.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Mr.202?

^lol my b, thanks for the correction.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:17 AM

No worries.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
X
where is the front lip? possible front end collision?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by ccc123pm
where is the front lip? possible front end collision?
Can anyone confirm this the front lip is missing from the AERO kit. I would like to use that as a negotiation tools and it is obvious the passenger side the bumper was hit lightly and the grill covers on the lower popped off. Any other input would be appreciated as i am heading to the dealer soon.

thanks

Last edited by faiz23; 05-04-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There would be holes drilled in the bumper if it originally had a lip on it.

Maybe they just got the sport and opted to purchase mudguards. My sport did NOT come with a front lip yet had a spoiler.

Or maybe the front bumper got destroyed in an accident and they painted a new bumper but couldn't buy a (now discontinued) front lip.

Or

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 1000 point Safety Inspection...All G Owners welcome...PICS & VIDS